Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XX

Started by Vazdru, 11-03-2014, 09:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orca-

TaZi vs goblinpiledriver missing to decide who's the last player in the top 4!

TaZi

TaZi 2:1 GoblinPiledriver

The first game was quite strange, as Jochen took Mulligan to 3 but still put up some pressure because I drew nothing at first. But in the end the missing 4 cards where too much. The second game, was a hard beating for me. After a turn 1 thoughtseize leaving him with 4 lands, helix and an enchantment, that gives each atking creature a +1/+1 counter he drew a twodrop and more creatures the next turns and finished me quite fast. The third game was almost under control for me when he topdecked ajani and things looked quite awkward for two turns, but I was able to stabilize thanks to sower and recurring nightmare. Finally he conceded, when I had glen elendra + counterbackup and a board.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 13-02-2014, 12:33:45 AM

Decklists will be gathered before play-offs start. Top 4 rather Top 8 will be published before play-offs.

@ Top 4
feel free to add your lists

I've started:
http://mtgpulse.com/event/16611#234136
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

K0d013e4st (BUG-Reanimator) vs Vazdru (Dimir-Tempo)

g1: i have to take mulligan to 5 -> 2 lands, DRS, Misstep, Go for the Throat, he adds Oath after DRS starts beatin - i have TNN - oath revealed Flayer of the Hatebound, followed by It that Betrays + Recurring Nightmare for gg
1:0

g2: Dark Confidant + Discard / Counter wins me the game
1:1

g3: we both keep a onelander with Demonic, i have Duress + Inquisition too but cant manage to find my second land while he was already on 4 when he sneaks Grave Titan in. unfortunately for him he has totally forgotten he had Tabernacle on board so Titan and minions died and I have the time to take total control on the game
1:2

g4: i have a quite reactive hand and counter crop rotation + let him discard oath with thoughtseize leaving him with some reanimatorspells but nothing impressive in gy - i counter his last rites with FoW which was probably one of my first mistakes in that game, second one was to play pack rats which got killed and reanimated which gave him the discard outlet in this game - anyhow after a while i was quite close to win that game... in that (stupid) mood of an easy win next turn I made a bundle of stupid decisions before Living Death turned the table and let me lose that game in the only way i could lose that game somehow  ::) ??? ...
2:2

g5: i have DRS, TNN and Dungeon Geist when he dropped oath T2 - i crossed fingers and added TNN instead of killing my own DRS which was wrong as Oath revealed Jin-Gitaxias + It that Betrays  ::)
3:2

apart from blunders g3 (him) and g4 (massive blunders!, me), mulligans (g1) and screws (g3)  ::) nice and close games

thx and gl in the finals!
you deserved it more ;D
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Hamsert

Finally here is my report from the Finals, sorry for the delay but I was moving.

G1: He opens with t1 Bazaar of Baghdad and mills some creatures into the grave. I play t1 Ponder and turn 3 Snapcaster Mage Ponder with Force of Will in hand. I started beating with my Mage and countered his reanimation spell. When he was at about 13 life I eot Lightning Striked him + Price of Progressed him. 1-0

G2: I played t3 Magus of the Moon + t4 Phyrexian Metamorph with Force of Will in Hand which was enough. 2-0

G3: We traded some Triskelions / Triskelion copies, he Body Doubled it again and reanimated his Griselbrand. I couldn't use my Sower of Temptation because of the Triskelion so I decided to Metamorph it. In his turn he drew 7 cards, I did the same, he found a removal which was it. 2-1

G4: he was kinda screwed, I starded controling him with Tamiyo and some other stuff which can't remember (sorry) and finished him of with my Stormbreath Dragon. 3-1

Thanks for the GG's ;-)