Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XX

Started by Vazdru, 11-03-2014, 09:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

[HLL]Season XX results, reports, linked videos, replays ...

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

TaZi

Hamsert

Vazdru

GoblinPiledriver (TokenMania Reloaded) - Vazdru (Dimir-Tempo)

g1: i had to take a free mulligan and have edict + far//away for his pridemage and hierarch in the early turns  but stuck on U/B/Wasteland with Phyrexian Arena, Sower and Lifebane Zombie in hand. Meanwhile I've had to deal with a Knight of the Reliquary - with 2 Islands in play my shackles weren't that impressive but it still took care of Huntermaster of the Fells. Meanwhile i've had even more double-costed black spells (hymn) with only one swamp in play but was still able to slow him down with Venser + Sower somehow. With tainted pact he digged for Abrupt Decay to get rid of shakles but I've had Into the Roil to save it. As Path took down Sower my defense had vanished so I took some damage from Huntmaster + Knight. On top he had Inquisition which let me discard Shackles so i've lost vs those huge guys.

g2: we both took a free mulligan and kept next seven, i started with bitterblossom on turn 2 and vampire Nighthawk turn 3. As he used his removal on Sower which took control of his Sprouting Thrinax my Bitterblossom + Nighthawk were the game-winners in the end. eventually i've countered some threats and took care of his critters, when I've played back to basics he conceded
sticking point of this game: he had 2 Temples which cost him one turn each

g3: i've had a lousy hand with 5 lands + ghastly demise + Man'o'War but have already taken a free mulligan so I gambled ... as i played Swamp first (instead of Island) and got Hymn from the top which hits Land and his last castable critter the luck was on my side, the fish bounced hierarch which got killed by ghastly demise short after. he was screwed by Hymn and i've had a reactive hand so we played from the top since i've found Liliana II. We both discarded bout 10 cards till Decay send Lili back at home. He was still color-screwed so some good answers like elspeth were already send to the bin by Lili while i've only had creature-removal left. He searched for bitterblossom with enlightened but I've had Spell Snare so the game took quite a long time. Purphoros almost turned the table on his favour but I've had Thassa, Ashiok, Neurok Commander, Sower which sealed the deal on the long run

quite good and intense games this time
thx and gl in next rounds

1:2
Far below the earth

orca-

The match Georg B vs Baghira is still missing.

Georg B

Georg B vs. Baghira

2:1

Verry close games!

Georg B

Ok, now here is my report to the games versus Baghira. I played Izzet Fish/Skies he was playing 4 color Blood or something like that (well, it was more like a GBWr-Goodstuff I think).

Game 1
I won the die roll and kept my hand with just one land (island) but with Preordain, FoW and cheap Burn. He took the free mulligan.
I found Mountain and a Foothills on top with Preordain and took the Fetchland by sending the mountain to the bottom.
He played Misty Rainforest and passed.
I drew Island and played it. I had no business in hand. Just burn, Force and Standstill so I passed the turn.
In his upkeep I used Fire/Ice as a cantrip.
He played Inquisition of Kozilek and took Magma Jet.
I played Fathom Seer next turn as a morph. Good Feeling with FoW in hand.
He then played Doran and I thought should be able to handle a 5/5 Vanilla... but in fact I wasn't. I got rid of most other stuff he got by countering it or burning it down, but in the end I underestimated Doran.
When I played Blood Moon he responsed with Swords for my last chumpblocker and then just played Chandra for the win.

game deciding card: Doran
0:1

Game 2:
I started and kept a quite good hand. No counterspells but Blood Moon, TNN, Snapcaster, Inkfathom Infiltrator and Izzet Charm.
He startetd with Godless Shrine and Thoughtseize. He took TNN (obv).
Since he was allready on 16 in my second turn I took my chance to play fast. I played the Infiltrator and he had another fetchland and Bitterblossom.
I had Rift Bolt, so when it was my third turn, he was on 9 lifepoints. I had no third land for Moon, so I played Winter Orb and attacked. He was on 6 lifepoints when it was hes turn.
His boardpresence was huge and he had a removal for my critter plus he had more advantage of my Orb because he had Sylvan Caryatid and Noble Hierarch.
I could do nothing but hope to draw th burnspell.
He had 3 Faeries and Xenagos.
With Izzet Charm I found Preordain and in my last possible turn I got Chain Lightning to get him to 1 lifepoint. Bitterblossom did the rest.
His cards and board were better the whole game, but he had too much lifeloss by his own cards. If he hadn't played Blossom he would have won.

Game deciding card: Bitterblossom
1:1

Game 3:
He started. I took the free mulligan. I had removal for his Deathrite Shaman and then played Top plus Gitaxian Probe. So I knew he had a quite slow hand. Forked Bolt took care of Lingering Souls and my Phantasmal Image made me a Lotus cobra. Lignering Souls' Flashback got countered.
I got some card advantage with Gush and quality advantage with the Top+Fetchlands.
I then had Guttersnipe and was able to bounce his Ooze when he already removed all creatures.
He had voice of Resurgence but I countered the trigger when it died with Stifle.
When he was able to stabilize the board by removing Guttersnipe he allready caused to mutch damage so the burn I found in my Top shipped it home for me.

game deciding card: Guttersnipe

Hamsert

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Tokens)  vs  Baghira(4C-Blood)
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Georg B (Izzet-Tempo) vs Vazdru (Dimir-Tempo)

1: I mull down to 6 on the play after first seven showed up 6 lands and free mull exactly one. I start with Deathrite Shaman, he had Mental Misstep...like me. Turn 2 I played Hymn hitting 2 of his lands. Suspended Rift Bolt took good care of Shaman. We've both had some reactive hands so draw-go and kill some critters btw was all for a while. After that my Vendillion Clique (revealed Blood Moon and Standstill) started the damage race vs his Venser. I played Bitterblosom on 13 lp, he bolted my Clique on 8 lp. When i've had nothing left and he was on 6 lp i topdecked TNN vs his Young Pyromancer + one token on board. As i was still on 8 lp he had almost no possibility to stop me in time.

2: He kept a risiky hand with Ancestral Visions, Force Spike, Spell Snare on the play but only one island. T1 he suspended Visions, I've had thoughtseize taking Spell Snare and was trying to play around Force Spike afterwards which was wrong as he countered my Bitterblossom T3 with Force Spike + Daze. Nevertheless I dropped Liliana Turn 4 on an empty Board starting to discard some cards. Meanwhile Visions resolved filling up his hands with some DD which keep Liliana away from ultimate. Eventually i was managing to reduce his hand cards to zero and had Lili II + Jace II that turn with 4 rather 5 counters...should be the win, shouldn't it as he had nothing but a topdeck... but that topdeck was Snpacaster, take care of Lili in time and Jace II showed up nothing but lands Man-o-War + Aether Adept which didn't help much so he was able to handle my (the?) two best planeswalkers and a spellheart chimera with 10/3 killed me in the end.

3: I started with Island + Brainstorm when he tried to play SDT. Fortunatly i've got Misstep from the top :-) but unfortatly Brainstorm didn't revealed a third land while I've had TNN in hands. Anyhow i dropped Dark Confidant + Rat Pack + Bitterblossom still on 2 lands. When he stifled my Fetchland game almost turned on his side but Bitterblossom was still the dominating card in this game so he had to start DD some Faerie Tokens to stay alive. In the end i managed to win the damage race and had 2 lp left.

1:2

Thx for the nice games!    
Far below the earth

K0d013e4st

orca-

Vazdru

hamsert (Izzet-Control) vs Vazdru (Dimir-Tempo)

1: he won the roll and hit one of my 2 lands with stifle ...anyhow a draw another one from the top and have bitterblossom T2 ...he had a reactive hand with Sower, Batterskull, Wurmcoil so bounce (Aether Adept, Jace II) + Bittblossom-Tokens did the job

2: i have gixtain probe + Thoughtseize T1 revealing: 3 lands, Mindsparker, Ral Zarek, FoF, and Jace II which hit the bin. I have Dark Confidant next followed by Jace I, Ral Zarek shot Confidant and Jace I flooded some cards and advanced out of Burn-Range. Meanwhile i've had Lifebane Zombie + Baleful Strix as he tried Bonefire for 1 but I have Mana Drain + Spell Snare (for Snapcaster) + Demonic (for Sword of FireIce) which was the deciding turn of the match - afterwards I've added Pack Rats for the win

0:2

ggs ... even without TNNs flooding the board  ;) ::)
cya in semis
Far below the earth

K0d013e4st

Baghira

Baghira - komet

2 - 0

Gegner ist aus dem Turnier gedroppt, Spiele haben nicht stattgefunden.