Main Menu

What's your view on True-Name Nemesis?

Started by Vazdru, 10-03-2014, 11:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillBilly

B

For all reasons that have been stated before.

TaZi

A

I think there is no reason to ban TNN. Jace TMS is also gamewinning and protects himself nicely (and there are many more really strong cards which do so). I think for a really good card he is pretty fair and you got lots of time to handle him.

In fact you can also race him. If you play batterskull, then everything is fine.

Also one point regarding the comment from Vazdru that TNN is in any deck that can play him. This is not correct for any Stax or Oath Deck and it is not true for any high tide, UG Ramp, UG much mana random combo.

mox-fanatic

I vote for A (NO BAN).

Everything I think about the card has been mentioned above.

Remi

B

Ban because it is very uninteresting and unfair card that was designed for multiplayer. In 1vs1 It is just just stupid...

And not even legendary??? Just drop Phantasmal Image and Phyrexian metamorph to roll with 3 TNN.

Also all the other reasons mentioned in this thread.

Vazdru

half a year has past already ... have your opinion changed?

i still vote for B (= Ban) although (rather because?) i played a deck (UB-AggroControl /-tempo) over the last months (http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=186.90) which includes TNN itself and i hadn't real probs to handle that bugger on the other side of the table (thx to Tribute to Hunger / Edicts / Liliana / Far//Away / Counterspells)

it's not the frustration but the game experience which convince me to vote for a Ban
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

W0lf

I vote for spoil mulligan and against senseless tnn ban.

MMD

Why so specific?

There are more cards on the watch list (or even not on the watchlist) which could need a community feedback. IMO the mulligan should also get a review in the next future.

If the council wants a feedback from the community why not ask more questions?
Feel free to browse through my MKM account:

http://www.magickartenmarkt.de/index.php?mainPage=showSellerChart&idInfoUser=13199

I also have a huge amount of chinese and japanese foil HL staples not listed yet,  which I would like to downgrade to english foil. Just let me know!

tonytahiti

i agree with wolf also.

there are far "deeper" problems concerning this format than tnn. the new mulligan changed our format and at this point i am pretty sure it did not change it for the better. it needs to be reviewed, polls need to be done.
Winner - Pro HL Cup, Prague 2002
Winner - Highlander Regional Masters, Phuket 2006
Winner - Sunrise Trophy Run, Hawaii 2006
Winner - North Dakota HL Championships 2007
Winner - Tahiti "One And Only"-Cup #3, 2009
Winner - Gio di Gio Seria, Florenz, 2016
Winner - Jail or be Jailed, Berlin, 2017

Vazdru

Quote from: MMD on 08-09-2014, 10:29:16 AM
Why so specific?

because I wanna know the answer/view on a concrete question/topic and no long essays about general views on banned-list or mulligan in this thread   

There are more cards on the watch list (or even not on the watchlist) which could need a community feedback. IMO the mulligan should also get a review in the next future.

sure thing
feel free to start your own topics/polls or use the ones we already have
e.g. http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=956.0 / http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=934.0

If the council wants a feedback from the community why not ask more questions?

I appreciate any feedback of the community (even W0lf's - at least sometimes)
there are obviously a lot of questions concerning the banned list / mulligan - feel free to post your point of view or ask us the questions your are interested in most (like i did starting this thread) and we try to give ya some feedback
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Kenshin

I still do not care. The card is capable of unfair wins and punishes some decks. But there are other cards in the format that do the same. Most decks have adapted to TNN and are capable of handling/racing it. There are worse "oops, I win!" cards present that I would like to see gone first but I will not miss TNN, when it is gone.

That being said, I still see no reason to ban it. The card is an annoyance, but if everything that annoys me made me cry for the banhammer, I would sound like a MMORPG scrub who constantly whines about his class being too bad because it only wins 90% and demands the skills/classes that take his 10% to be nerfed. I feel we already pretty much got that here with people whining about TNN but others wanting to unban Gifts Ungiven. Same goes for the mulligan.

Ball.Lightning

NO ban.

I voted for ban earlier this year. Lots has changed since then though. Sure TNN is still pure pain to face and some decks are barely playable, since they almost fold to this creature (which are exclusively agrodecks). Combo decks almost do no exists(and if they do, they do not care), for them it is non-hate beater. Control decks do not care either. Nonblue nonblack decks got at least Council's Judgement, which kills this bugger quite elegantly. I see introduced Mystical tutor as much bigger haymaker, that it has overshadowed TNN in my eyes.

It would not feel right to demand TNN bann when Mystical Tutor is unbanned.

Zerc

Ban for TNN

I vote for the spoil Mulligan.
In addition I have another question: the rat determined by the bans and unbanns.
I know there are 5 people which determine three from Germany and two from finland.
What did Finland do with our Meta ... I'm sure each country has its eigenden Council.
I know I put a bomb here now and many of the opinions displayed are this can not go but that's my opinion.
The Council is a good choice that I do not deny.
It can not be determined that people with a Meta in another country where it barely influential ride.

Maqi

@Zerc:

At the moment, the council consists of 6 members actually:
Vazdru (Germany)
Tabris (Germany)
Maqi (Germany)
ChristophO (Germany)
Nastaboi (Finland)
Pyyhttu (Finland)

It is only natural and consequent to give a voice to local/national communities, which have proven over time to be enduring, stable and responsive. We even tried to branch out to the Slovak/Czech community by giving them a seat in the council, too. However, no candidate was found to take this place.

We see Highlander as a universal format of MtG which can be played by everyone, regardless of where in the world he or she resides.

The more HL grows as a format and the more exchange between communities takes place, the more will metagames converge. And even if they don't, having differing metagames can actually improve banning/unbanning decisions by more clearly contrasting what would certain changes achieve in certain metagame environments.

Be reassured that we consider all of the differences between local/national metagames when making a decision about banning or unbanning a card.