Main Menu

Canadian Highlander [Viclander]

Started by Tabris, 16-01-2014, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirGalahad

Quote from: Nastaboi on 17-01-2014, 05:00:43 PM

Who has the better mulligan?

I think the version of delayed paris-mulligan or whatever you call it, the canadians are using is strictly superior to the free mulligan rule. But that is with me disliking the free mulligan anyway. (not to be misunderstood, i still don't want the spoils-mulligan back ;) )

ZeSword

I contacted guys from Canada, who began to send some top8s. Because it's more readable with card links rather than with just names on their blog, here are the first decklists from their format :

http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=CHL

Dreamer

Tabris

Dreamer

I get to play Pattern with the fun cards again.

Tabris

Pattern is quite a potent deck. I ve played it the last weeks and was very satisfied with the performance. We got a lot of new tools (evolutionary leap, sidisi, varolz)

Nastaboi

Canadian Highlander featured in a podcast on channerfireball.com.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Goblin-Diplomaten

They talked about maybe combining both formats (german+canadian HL) to make it more competitive?
What do you think of this? How would the format look like? Just include the power nine?

Vazdru

Quote from: Goblin-Diplomaten on 19-09-2015, 03:25:36 AM
They talked about maybe combining both formats (german+canadian HL) to make it more competitive?
What do you think of this? How would the format look like? Just include the power nine?

hmmm - I'm skeptical
I don't see any basis to combine German HL with Commander, Viclander or Australian HL ... and it seems the respective communities think so too; at least noone ever asked us officially what we think about it
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

ZeSword

You could view German Highlander as a specific case of Canadian Highlander where every banned card has 8 points and other cards have 0 points :p