Main Menu

[LADDER TOURNAMENT 2013]Reports

Started by Vazdru, 13-01-2014, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orca-

Either the two missing players post a report till Friday Evening, or they gotta play on Sunday, 21 CET.
If one player doesn't show up, he drops.

Payron

Sorry for the delay!

Coldcrow (RUG Ramp) - Payron (Izzet-Control)

First game: He mulled down to 5 at the start and we both didn t do anything else then laying down lands. Frist play was his Clique which hit my Thundermaw Hellkite. I had a turn later a maze which won me the game. I could handle all his plays with spellskite - treachery - metamorph on kitchenfinks with persist into his thundermaw hellkite - sower of temptation and Flametounge kavu.

Second game: He had bad hands mulled to 4 and gave up. Sorry for that bad luck. :(

Third game: I had luck he didn t. First turn spell snare on his second turn ramp. I followed with Young pyromancer and he missed a land drop and played sylvan libery. Then he found lands but i had everything and he had nothing. So he conceded after 3 token and a jace on my side.

0:3

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 13-01-2014, 10:14:44 PM
Pairings: (seed)

Quarterfinals:

a) Nastaboi 1 BUG Academy ramp (one) - hitman 3 4C Blood-Midrange (eight)

b) hamsert 0 Izzet-Control (four) - ChristophO 3 Winter Orb Staxx (five)

c) goblinpiledriver 3 Izzet-Midrange (three) - Vazdru 1 Captain URW-Control (six)

d) Payron 3 Izzet-Control (two) - coldcrow 0 RUG-Ramp (seven)

Semifinals:

hitman 4C Blood-Midrange - ChristophO Winter Orb Staxx
goblinpiledriver Izzet-Midrange - Payron Izzet-Midrange

Highlander:

1. Nastaboi - winner of online championships 2009 and 2010, Finnish HL champion, hl council member
2. Payron - semi-finalist online championship 2009, 2011 and 2012, runner-up in HLL seasons 4x
3. goblinpiledriver - HL GP VIII champion, HL GP IX runner-up, German HL Nationals 2011 runner-up, winner of 4 HLL seasons
4. hamsert - HL GP XI Top 8, HLL Season XVII runner-up
5. ChristophO - Legacy GP Top 32, Winner of first HL Capitol Cup, German HL Nationals 2011 semifinalist, hl council member
6. Vazdru - HLL Season XVII champion, hl council member
7. coldcrow - HLL Season XIII champion
8. hitman - HL GP XIII runner-up, HL GP XI 9th place

deadline for semifinal reports is March, 20th
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 20-02-2014, 11:02:30 PM

Semifinals:

hitman 4C Blood-Midrange - ChristophO Winter Orb Staxx
goblinpiledriver Izzet-Midrange - Payron Izzet-Midrange

deadline for semifinal reports is March, 20th

reminder
Far below the earth

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(UR-Midrange)  vs  Vazdru(Captain-America)
3:1

Game1: I start
T1:
T2: Fire/Ice(gets Spell Snare)
T3:                               -- Brainstorm
T4:                               -- Trinket Mage(gets Electrolyze) + Sensei's Divining Top
T5: Spellskite(gets Swords to Plowshares)
T6: Delver of Secrets
T7:                               --  True Name Nemesis
T8: Inferno Titan                 --  Into The Roil(Inferno Titan)
T9: Inferno Titan                 -- Cyclonic Rift + Forked Bolt
T10 Zealous Conscripts + Chain Lightning  -- Lightning Helix(gets Force of Will)

I had an unanswered Delver of Secrets on my Side which dealt much damage, my Inferno Titan dealt also 6 damage by playing it twice against Into the Roil and Cyclonic Rift. At the end I had the last 6 direct damage with Zealous Conscripts and Chain Lightning which was more damage than Vazdru made with True Name Nemesis.

Game2: Vazdru starts
T1:                               -- Gitaxian Probe(gets Spell Pierce)
T2:                               -- Frostbrn Weird
T3: True-Name Nemesis             -- True-Name Nemesis
T4: Celestial Colonnade + Geist of Saint Traft  -- Vendillion Clique(finds Supreme Verdict)
T5:  Sower of Temptation(gets Fire/Ice)  --
T6: Enginered Explosives for 2       --  Chain Lightning

In the turning Point of the game I destroyed Vazdru'S Sower of Temptation and blocked so his Geist of Saint Traft dead . At the end I had only 1 lifepoint but with the final Chain Lightning the game ended in my favour.

Game3:

vazrud had Young Pyromancer and countered all my spells. At the end his army of Elementals and a final Arc-Slogger defeated my totally.

Game4: I start
T1:                                  -- 
T2: Lat-Nam's Legacy(gets Spell Snare)--  Celestial Colonade
T3: True Name Nemsis                 -- Personal Tutor(finds Supreme verict) + Sensei's Divining Top
T4: Blood Moon                       --  Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
T5: Sulfur Elemental                 -- Glen Elendra Archmage
T6: Staggershock
T7: Rebounded Staggershock gets a Mana Drain + Snapcaster Mage into Lat-Nam's Legacy
T8: 

I had my True Name Nemesis which Vazdru wanted to kill with Supreme Verdict searched by Personal Tutor, but I had a Blood Moon which cutted him from white mana for the rest of the game. Vazdru played Kira and Glen Elendra Archmage and I had only Sulfur Elemental. With the evasion damage from True-Name Nemesis and the half Staggershock I won the game.

3:1 with 4 True-Name Nemesis in 3 games. This creature is totally annoying.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

hitman

hitman (4C Blood-Midrange) vs ChristophO (Winter Orb Staxx)

G1: I took a free Mulligan and he kept his first seven
He won the roll and decided to play first. I kept a slow hand while he started with Acient Tomb + Signet followed by Chromatic Lantern and Sensei's Divining Top. Even without a second land he was able to let Humility hit the board on T3. My first play was a T4 Ajani to tap his Ancient Tomb but Sensei's found more lands. His Vraska + Ral Zarek took care of my planeswalkers. I tried to fight him down via 1/1 dudes but in the end a mix of Jace, the Mindsculptor + Future Sight + Top + Mana Stones + Upheavel lets me concede.

G2: I mulliganed to six and he kept his first hand
I kept a shaky hand with with three green spells but no green mana source. T2 I wasted his Volcanic Island and found Razorverge Thicket just in time to drop Lotus on T3. Garruk Relentless followed and started the token engine. T5 I topdecked Hymn to Tourach letting him discard Wrath of God and Humility and thanks to Golgari Charm I was able to "counter" his Supreme Verdict. Garruk Relentless evolved into Garruk Primal Hunter while my dudes baet him to five lifepoints. He still fought back via Demonic Tutor into Toxic Deluge. In the end Garruk found Arc Trail to end the Game. Lucky One

G3: I took a free Mulligan and he kept his first hand
He started with Mana Stones but a T3 Thoughtseize discards his only "real" spell Ral Zarek. From that point I start to build up some pressure while he played more Mana Stones. He searched for Memory Jar via Wargate but Qasali Pridemage destroyed his plan. My creatures start beat him down and he conceded.

G4: I kept my first seven and he mulliganed to six
Again I kept a hand without a green source but three lands + Hymn + Falkenrath. I topdecked Dark Confidant and decided to play him before Hymn. His first play was T3 Expedition Map. I played Hymn and via Map he searched for Mishra's Workshop in response. Hymn hit Workshop and Thran Dynamo and leaves him with Wildfire + Mindslaver + Toxic Deluge. Again a good one. Bob stil didn't reveal any lands and so we were both stuck on three mana. He was way better at finding mana sources and so he was able to play some mana stones and a Ral Zarek. Ral got handled via Dreadbore. After some turns I finally found land number four and Ajani Vengeant hit the board just in time before he reached six mana. Afterwards Qasali Pridemage + Green Sun's Zenith (Vithian Renegades) took care of his Signets and so he could play anything devastating before Ajani ticks up to his ultimate. Very close one.

3:1

Payron

Goblin Piledriver(UR-Midrange) vs Payron (UR-Control)

First Game: I won the role and started. I started with Ancestral Visons followed of by top. His first play was an 3rd turn eot Impuls while i missed my 3rd land drop. on his fourth turn he play a jung pyromancer which got remanded because i needed to dig 4 lands and wanted him to tap out so my vision could resolve. As it did i played with 4 lands my own pyromancer and killed his with my bolt. He didn t played a fith land and killed my pyromancer with his flame tounge kavu. As he tapped out I could just play my TNN I copyed it with my Image and just digged 4 counters with my top which i also found. He couldn t win vs 2 TNN's and I just hit him down.

Second game: He starts of and played a 3rd turn Sulfur elemental which I could handle with electrolyse and played it main phase because he tapped out 4 b2b to take my tapped steamvents away and i didn t had a counter anyways, but as i was tapped out he played glen archmage which more or less won the game with the fact i just never could draw a second Island (only volcanic and maze with were death vs b2b)

Third game: I started off with A. Visions and he with top. I could play a Bribery in reaction on his jace and took his TNN and he copyed it with his image. I wasn t able to finde 2 red sources this game so i hade some death draws and he just raced me with his TNN and clique and countered my Zealouse conscripts to win the dmg race.

fourth game: He was mana screwed with just a steam vents for blue mana a couple of turns and I could take advantage over this. as I had blood moon and tamyjo + vedalken shakles rounded up by just enough counters to totaly control the game.

Fith game: The situation was as followed: In the second turn I played gitaxis probe to get information because i wanted to play out my TNN and saw his mana drain. As he was mana scrwed he tryed a 3rd turn TNN which got countered and followed up by my own TNN I had a lot of business but didn t wanted to give him the mana boost so i just attacked a couple of turns and sayed go. At some point he found lands and resolved a stormbreath dragon but i found my Maze otherways he would had won the race vs my TNN

GG's

2:3

2 out of 3 wins were just easy one by an early TNN ... nothing more to say

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 13-01-2014, 10:14:44 PM
Pairings: (seed)

Quarterfinals:

a) Nastaboi 1 BUG Academy ramp (one) - hitman 3 4C Blood-Midrange (eight)

b) hamsert 0 Izzet-Control (four) - ChristophO 3 Winter Orb Staxx (five)

c) goblinpiledriver 3 Izzet-Midrange (three) - Vazdru 1 Captain URW-Control (six)

d) Payron 3 Izzet-Control (two) - coldcrow 0 RUG-Ramp (seven)

Semifinals:

hitman 3 4C Blood-Midrange - ChristophO 1 Winter Orb Staxx
goblinpiledriver 2 Izzet-Midrange - Payron 3 Izzet-Control

Highlander:

hitman 4C Blood-Midrange - Payron  Izzet-Control

gl to the partipants:

1. Nastaboi - winner of online championships 2009 and 2010, Finnish HL champion, hl council member
2. Payron - semi-finalist online championship 2009, 2011 and 2012, runner-up in HLL seasons 4x
3. goblinpiledriver - HL GP VIII champion, HL GP IX runner-up, German HL Nationals 2011 runner-up, winner of 4 HLL seasons
4. hamsert - HL GP XI Top 8, HLL Season XVII runner-up
5. ChristophO - Legacy GP Top 32, Winner of first HL Capitol Cup, German HL Nationals 2011 semifinalist, hl council member
6. Vazdru - HLL Season XVII champion, hl council member
7. coldcrow - HLL Season XIII champion
8. hitman - HL GP XIII runner-up, HL GP XI 9th place

congratz to the finalists hitman and payron and gl in the finals to both of you
plz post the final report till 18.04.2014 - thx in advance
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 19-03-2014, 12:39:53 AM
plz post the final report till 18.04.2014 - thx in advance

reminder
Far below the earth

Payron

Hitman (4c blood) vs Payron (UR Control)

2:3

replay follows