Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XIX

Started by Vazdru, 31-07-2013, 12:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Izzet-aggrocontrol)  vs Vazdru(GW-Maverick)   2:0

Game1:
I won the dice, so I start, on turn 2 I had Young Pyromancer he had turn 2 Sylvan Library casted with a Plains and a Savannah. Then already on Turn 3 there were the all deciding moment. I had a total of 4 lands in hand and on the field but I also had Back to Basic and a Wasteland(in the 4 lands total).I thought it to be unusal for a Maverick deck to not cast a creature on turn 2, so I wanted to screw him with my 2 mana denial-cards. So I choose Wasteland over Back to Basic leaving me with only 3 lands total. Next turn we both skipped our turns with only laying a land. I didn't had drawn my no needed 4.land so I played Remand on his 4 forth turn Blade Splicer. As vazdru played Blade Splicer again turn 5 I finally had drawn my 4. land(the fith total with the used Wasteland), so I could play Sower of Tempation for his 3/3 Golem. Next turn he wanted to play Garruk Relentless against my Sower but I had drawn Force of Will pitching my Back to Basic, which I would never play with my urgent mana shortage and a Shivan Reef on my side. Next Vazdru played a creature and I had drawn Fact or Fiction which revealed Flame Slash,Island,Consecrated Sphinx, Kira;Great Glass Spiner and another card I can't remember. He sorted them in a 3 card pile with Flame Slash, Island and the unknown card and the rest in the 2 card pile. I was lucky to choose the three card pile with the now fith land. Vazdru layed then another Mana Elf and Wilt Leaf Liege. I attacked with the 3/3 Golem which get blocked by the 4/4 Liege, I played Arc-Trail afterwards destroying most of his board.Last Turn I had a Repeal for his last creature and atacked finally with letahl damage. He didn't had drawn a suitable removal for my 2/2 Sower Faerie Wizard(except the countered Garruk), which made at least 8 damage the rest damage made my 1/1 red Elemental tokens from my Pyromancer.

Game2:
Vazdru began of course this game, but this time with an Outburst start for an aggro deck. Turn 1 Experiment One, turn 2 Kalonian Tusker, turn 3 Fleecemane Lion. Which means 3 3/3 creature on turn 3. On my turn 2 i played Phantasmal Image for his Tusker to defend myself from this real aggro move. But then I drawed Vedalken Shackles, to gain control of this situation. Of course I couldn't attack I was low on life and so the baord was only stuffed to a Stasis. My first atempt to slowly grind his lifepoint with a Coralhelm Commander was foiled by a Dismember, which had costed him 4 Life, but I had truly zero availble attackers. The next spells were Remand'ed and Counterspelled from my side to gain time finding an appreciated offensive force. Which I had finally found in Delver of Secrets which flipped due to my Brainstorm, and a Flametongue Kavu which made enough damage. Vazdru's last try to kill the Flametongue KAvu and gain board presence back was casting Advent of the Wurm which catched a Spell Pierce.

Izzet(Aggrocontrol) played 36 lands including Maze of Ith, so only 35 mana producing lands.
Maverick played 34 lands all mana producing.

Thanks for GGs, at the TNM in Karlsruhe.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Hamsert

Me (UR Control) 2:0 Goblin Piledriver (Naya)

I don't want to write that much this time so here are the replays. Basically I just had counter and removal for the early game and then outcontrolled my opponent.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39845680/replay_10086.cor
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39845680/replay_10697.cor

Cheers

Nastaboi

Nastaboi High Tide vs. ChristophO Uw control

2 - 1

Christoph didn't have much in first game, and after I countered his Jace he was left with lone Treasure Mage attacking and six-drops clunching in his hand while stuck on five mana. Eventually I found my combo pieces and went easily off with some backup.

G2 I had High Tide and everything needed to go off, but was stuck on three lands after ChristophO Needled my Top. He got some beats in with his bears and eventually searched for Top of his own, which he used for a good amount of time until we realised it was also deactivated by Needle. I resolved Meditate on his end to find much needed lands, and tried to tap him out next turn with Turnabout, but he tutored for Misstep and I had to wait yet another turn. When I finally had to go for it, he had another counter for Palinchron and just enough mana to pay for my Condescend.

I had a great hand last game, and when he tapped out for Baneslayer turn five, I was able to go off through Misstep next turn.

Definitely a bad matchup for him, but good games nevertheless.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

ChristophO and hamsert battle for joining the finals next
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

ChristophO

Finally we were able to schedule the game:

ChristophO (Winter Orb Staxx) - Hamsert (Izzet Aggro Control)

G1:
I win the die roll and can resolve Jace2.0 on T3 because Hamsert is busy topping  and preordaining T2 for lands. I amass card advantage and Burning of Xinyhe forces the GG some turns later (with Nether Void on Board).

G2:
I can ramp with Signets again and build up lots of mana. Hamsert playes TNN and copies it with Metamorph on the next turn. I cycle decree of annihilation and follow up with Pendrell Mists which reduces Hamserts Permanents to zero. Tolarian Acedmy provides the mana but is also destroyed. Some turns later the CA from a Memory Jar seals the game.

2 - 0

ChristophO

ChristophO vs Nastoboi (Winter Orb Staxx vs. Esper Combo Staxx) 2 - 0

G1:
I win the roll and Nastoboi has to mull to 5. I kept a free Mull hand that was a little on the slow side. The game goes on for a little bit and I am beat down by a Simulacrum and later a Hexmage as well. I Wrath being at ~4 life always fearing counterspells and playing around quite a few things. A Show & Tell reveals Emrakul and Humility. IO resolve a Karn soon after and quickly win the game.

G2:
Extremely long game. Nastoboi sets the pace with a T2 Thopter foundry and finding the sword with Tezz, the Seeker on T4 or so. I kill Tezz with Ral Zarek, but lose my plainswalker to the Thopter army. I buy time with Toxic Deluge but have to Wargate for a Crumbling Sanctuary to buy time. Roughly 30 to 40 cards get exiled and I buy addiotional time with a Mindslaver (breaking the combo as well), A Vraska, and Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas. Sadly both Trading Post and Academy Ruins had been exiled breaking up a possible Slaver lock. A Future sight lets me abuse Tolarian Academy nicely and by the end of the game I have ~30 mana a turn. Future sight also lets me find a Wrath. Nastoboi finally finds more buisness in the form a Karn taking my future sight away and then starting to tick up. I have a library of ~18 cards left including Mind Spring, Demonic, Karn, Brainstorm and a couple of blanks. I luck into the Demonic on the third draw with Nasto's Karn on 15 counters, find my own Karn and exile his.Nasto concedes to my Karn. I also have Humility, Winter Orb, Maze of Ith, Crucible + Waste, and Rishadan Port going by this point.

So, one final BO3 left to finish this league!   

Vazdru

Quote from: ChristophO on 06-02-2014, 08:55:41 AM
So, one final BO3 left to finish this league!   

yeah - right  ;)
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

ChristophO

We are done!

ChristophO (Pattern Rector) vs Nastaboi (Esper Control):

I win the die roll.
G1:
I have the nuts T3kill hand. (2 lands + cradle with Mana elf, E. Call, Rector in Start hand).
Sadly I play against Control so I do not dare blow everything into a counter/sword.
I can draw some counters an win when Nastaboi taps out in the midgame.
G2:
I have Elf + Bitterblossom plus a bunch of threats but only two lands. Nastaboi can mistep the elf and Condescend the Blossom
but I rip three lands and can build up some pressure with Thraghtusk plus Resto Angel. After a wrath a Elspeth1.0 almost takes over.
I make a Marit Lage token but fail to M. Pulse his lingering souls token because I expect a removal or counter (and i can not beat
indestrucatbele Souls token). I concede after the third CA spell (Fact, Revelation, Snapcaster Fact).
G3:
Really long and drawn out game. TNN Makes a really good moat which I can not beat with all oy my little value creatures. I try to combo
but Nastaboi responds to chord for 4 with StP on my sac. outlet. I  fetch Courser of Kruphix and generate card advantage. He steals it later
with Shackles. Due to my courser and a thoughtseize I have perfect information and can strip his anserws. I setup a eoT Wordly tutor on Protean Hulk
with 7 mana + Phyrexian Tower for the combo win.

GG!