Main Menu

MKM Weekend

Started by Tabris, 01-06-2013, 08:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabris

This thread is for the MKM Weekend. The big tournament is coming tomorrow but I will start with the small one which was held today
with 13 people.

Maybe we get the lists from this one as well as the lists for sunday.

Info: http://blog.magiccardmarket.eu/mkm-weekend-berlin/

Tom 10 UBg TPS Oath
Dion 10 RDW
Jonny 9 UB-Ooze combo
Tobias 9 5c Goodstuff
Luca 6 UWR-AggroControl
Mike 6 Naya
Thomas 6 UWR-AggroControl
Nam 6 Ramp Naya
Steffen 6 RUG-AggroControl
Patrick 6 WW
Niclas 3 MBAggro
Dennis 3 MBC
Matthias 3 (3c Something I guess?)

Tabris

We had 42 players today and I am going to add the T8 lists as soon as possible. Congratulations to Luca (tonytahiti on the forums).

Here is the link

http://mtgpulse.com/event/13376#187545

Top 8 Standings after Swiss (Unfortunately we had no T8 but instead a Top4 since the TO wanted to be home early)

Jörn F. 16 Blue Rock
Luca D. 15 UWR-AggroControl
Thomas L. 15 UWR-AggroControl
Marcus F. 14 4c AggroControl (without b)
Jonny A. 13 Grixis Midrange
Patrick S. 13 Bant
Oliver B.12 GW-Midrange
Tino S. 12 Cpt. America

Doks

Thx for the effort, I really appreciate getting the lists so early. Seems like the meta was pretty fast compared to the Hanau GP? How was the general consensus on the metagame?

Tabris

Well I thought I would see  A LOT of UR decks, since the berlin meta has quite a few players who enjoy that archetype and I anicipated that they would anticipate that UR is quite good at this tournament buuuuut I was wrong.

Anyway it was way faster. I for one was beaten by a turn 3 Restoration Angel with lightning greaves + avacyns pilgrim + lotus cobra, casually bashing me for 6...

As you can see a lot of aggrocontrol was there and I didnt saw much control or combo decks (only one hermit druid deck I think)

tonytahiti

i saw alot of 4cgoodstuff/naya and uwr decks. faced a wide variety in the swiss though: bant control, elves, uwr midrange, grixis midrange, aggro naya, gw midrange. there was nothing too dominant, meta looked diverse. and thx tabris ;)
Winner - Pro HL Cup, Prague 2002
Winner - Highlander Regional Masters, Phuket 2006
Winner - Sunrise Trophy Run, Hawaii 2006
Winner - North Dakota HL Championships 2007
Winner - Tahiti "One And Only"-Cup #3, 2009
Winner - Gio di Gio Seria, Florenz, 2016
Winner - Jail or be Jailed, Berlin, 2017

carte_blanche

From my subjective view, I'd say that there were many decks with red. That was kind of bad for me since I played Chephalid Combo and was forced to dodge every Lightning Bolt... Storm would have been the better deck choice if one liked to ply a combo deck, I suppose. When looking onto other tables there were almost always red mana sources on the table.

I saw no other combo decks and just one control deck - one of my opponents with MBC. Aside from this I had the feeling that it was basicly an aggro / midrange meta, which was also a bit surprising for me. I expected to play half of the day against control decks.^^

Nice tournament, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the games @ my opponents.

pyyhttu

What was the round time the tournament enforced, 60 min?

Tabris