Main Menu

[PRIMER] G/W/b Ramp

Started by PurlQg, 30-04-2013, 03:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurlQg

Green & White Ramp (with black splash)

This is a deck that is being played in the danish metagame and I've been playing this version with the black splash for a long time now. It isn't tier one or anything but it is a quite good deck choice when the meta is right.

So the deck tries to throw down mana creatures and land rampers the first couple of turns. And there after trying to overload the board with overwhelming threats like, Primeval Titan, Terrastodon, Emrakul the Aeons Torn or Craterhof Behemoth. The deck has some strong secondary strategies like land destruction with Dust Bowl and company + Acidic Slime, Sundering Titan and Woodfal Primus or Lifegain going the anti aggro way with Wurmcoil Engine, Loxodon Hierarch and Pelakka Wurm etc.
The deck plays all the good creature tutors, like Worldly Tutor, Eladamri's Call, Natural Order, Summoner's Pact and Fierce Empath. My version with black gives you the opportunity to play the black tutors Demonic Tutor and Tainted Pact that makes it even easier to find your most needed cards.
The deck packs quite a punch, and turn two or three Channel into Emrakul or turn two or three Natural Order into Primeval Titan are just some of the great plays the deck pulls off often.

Deck list:

Artifacts: 3
Sensei's Divining Top
Expedition Map
Quicksilver Amulet

Creatures: 38
Fyndhorn Elves
Llanowar Elves
Boreal Druid
Avacyn's Pilgrim
Elves of Deep Shadow
Birds of Paradise
Noble Hierarch
Arbor Elf
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
Wall of Roots
Priest of Titania
Devoted Druid
Sakura-Tribe Elder (leaving the deck for Three Visits as soon as i get one)
Fierce Empath
Wood Elves
Farhaven Elf
Yavimaya Dryad
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
Knight's of the Reliquary
Elvish Archdruid
Wickerbough Elder
Thrun, the Last Troll
Loxodon Hierarch
Restoration Angel
Wolfbriar Elemental
Acidic Slime
Thragtusk
Wurmcoil Engine
Primeval Titan
Duplicant
Pelakka Wurm
Regal Force
Woodfal Primus
Terrastodon
Craterhof Behemoth
Sundering Titan
Artisan of Kozilek
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Enchantments: 7
Wild Growth
Utopia Sprawl
Journey to Nowhere
Sylvan Library
Oblivion Ring
Faith's Fetters
Mirari's Wake

Instants: 6
Summoner's Pact
Worldly Tutor
Enlightened Tutor
Crop Rotation
Tainted Pact
Eladamri's Call

Planeswalkers: 3
Garruk Primalhunter
Vraska the Unseen
Karn, the Liberated

Sorceries: 8
Green Sun's Zenith
Nature's Lore
Sylvan Scrying
Demonic Tutor
Cultivate
Kodama's Reach
Skyshroud Claim
Natural Order

Lands: 35
Gaea's Cradle
Wasteland
Dust Bowl
Rishadan Port
Horizon Canopy
Savannah
Bayou
Temple Garden
Overgrown Tomb
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills
Misty Rainforest
Marsh Flats
Verdant Catacombs
Flooded Strand
Arid Mesa
Maze of Ith
Sunpetal Grove
Snow-covered Plains
Swamp
5x Forest
5x Snow-covered Forest
Ancient Tomb
City of Traitors
Eye of Ugin
Treetop Village
Stirring Wildwood

The deck only plays 33 mana producing lands but does play 32 spells that can give you lands or put lands into play.

Cards that could find a way into the deck, that ive played before but are not in my current 100:
Eternal Witness - card advantage but haven't been good enough whenever i've tried her
Kitchen Finks - good vs. aggro
Primal Command - tutor and more
Avenger of Zendikar - fantastic with primeval titan, but have been bad 70 % of the times i've played it because of no lands to play afterwards
Tooth and Nail - great bomb but isn't a creature it self
Homeward Path - great vs. control magic etc. and another answer to bribery (I already run 6 answers).
Deserted Temple - amazing with Gaea's Cradle and stuff like Dust Bowl, Rishadan Port and Maze of Ith

Regal force over Kozilek - Regal Force is green and much easier to search with the tutor package and at the same time easier to cast. This slot could be either or you could fit both in to the deck.

Vraska over any other removal - She is a permanent and therefore potentially a 2 for 1 + the five mana casting cost is easy to pull of with the amount of ramp this deck plays.

Quicksilver Amulet over Elvish Piper - Easy to cast and much easier to have survive vs. control, has been really strong since it was included. Does cost more mana to use but thats no problem.

The omission of Fauna Shaman - The shaman is good but dies to every removal spell played in my meta, isn't needed when you splash black for better tutors.

!! I will try and give you some of my match-up analysis later. !!

//purlQg
Vaaren har det let hver gang den indtager vores lille klode!

PurlQg

Vaaren har det let hver gang den indtager vores lille klode!