Main Menu

Dirty dirty aggro... (You know you want to)

Started by Kristian, 01-05-2010, 02:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristian

I've recently been playing a fourcolored aggro deck that attempts to establish a tremendous tempo advantage and finish with burn. It works decently. However it does have issues, that can be opponent playing creatures like Kitchen Finks, lands like maze of ith or simply just colorscrewing early.

Creatures and other beats:
Savannah Lions
Goblin Bushwhacker
Elite Vanguard
Isamaru, Hound of Konda
Jungle Lion
Figure of Destiny
Tattermunge Maniac
Loam Lion
Wild Nacatl
Skyshroud Elite
Kird Ape
Goblin Guide
Tidehollow Sculler
Skyshroud War Beast
Scab-Clan Mauler
Watchwolf
Keldon Marauder
Hellspark Elemental
Putrid Leech
Bitterblossom
Tarmogoyf
Stoneforge Mystic
Qasali Pridemage
Boggart Ram-Gang
Kitchen Finks
Aven Mindcensor
Burning-Tree Shaman
Troll Ascetic
Woolly Thoctar
Stonecloaker
Anathemancer
Doran, the Siege Tower
Bloodbraid Elf

Burn and other stuff:
Lightning Bolt
Reckless Abandon
Chain Lightning
Price of Progress
Volcanic Hammer
Lightning Helix
Magma Jet
Flame Rift
Incinerate
Fire Ambush
Char
Blightning
Sulfuric Vortex
Flames of the Blood Hand
Fireblast
Profane Command

Boost:
Bonesplitter
Rites of Initiation
Rancor
Berserk
Vines of Vastwood
Lightning Greaves
Colossal Might
Sword of Light and Shadow
Loxodon Warhammer
Sword of Fire and Ice

Mixed pile:
Æther Vial
Swords to Plowshares
Path to Exile
Demonic Tutor
Armageddon

Them lands:
Plateau
Reflecting Pool
Overgrown Tomb
Bayou
Raging Ravine
Wooded Foothills
Savannah
Windswept Heath
Bloodcrypt
Temple Garden
Bloodstained Mire
Stirring Wildwood
Badlands
Verdant Catacombs
Arid Mesa
Taiga
Stomping Grounds
Marsh Flats
Sacred Foundry
Scrubland
Godless Shrine
Treetop Village
3 Forest
3 Swamp
4 Mountain
3 Plains

I'm considering cutting black and keep it to white, red and green and thus reduce the colorscrew. I'm going to need replacements for Tidehollow Sculler, Putrid Leech, Bitterblossom, Anathemancer, Doran, the Siege Tower, Blightning, Profane Command and Demonic Tutor and could use some suggestions :)

-Kristian
There can be only one!

Mythrandir

i'm not a huge fan of lightning greaves, i'd rather run behemoth sledge, althoug more costly.

PoP in there seems a bit too risky, but i guess it can be ok, to deal the final points of damage, but expect to take quite a bit of damage too.

I'd test ranger of eos, the new rebound burn (ROE) andf for the 4 CMC slots, i'd go with PW: ajani RW, elspeth and sharkan.

But it looks fine (didn't take a look at the mana base..) But i think moxen would be decent in there.

Kristian

Lightning greaves is sort of the only answer to an active maze of ith. Behemoth Sledge was too color intense in the 4 colored version but I'll give it a try in the 3 colored version. The rebound burn sounds decent too, though I'm a little opposed to raising the curve by including the planeswalkers, however it should give more power in middle and perhaps late game.

I've never liked the card disadvantage from using mox diamond and chrome mox, I think they're more suitable in combodecks :).
There can be only one!

GoblinPiledriver

Very interesting decklist. But it really seems that you don't get enough advantage of adding black. Like you thought for yourself.

There are two options for your deck, either you play straight hard aggro or you play aggro. For straight aggro you can add for the black cards small creatures for more fast beaters. Or you play normal aggro with slots for CMC 4 there you could play 4 planeswalker Ranger of Eos and of course Manaelfes for accelaration and for later use with Swords.
Option 1 is fitting to your primary decklist with no planeswalker only 1 creature with CMC 4, Goblin Bushwhacker(very interesting card), and the for me too suicidal Rites of Initiation.

I think for the current list with 4 colors you have too many basic lands included, you need more nonbasics which provides a better mana base against color screw.

Option1:
Tidehollow Sculler        Hidden Gibbons
Putrid Leech              Hidden Herd
Bitterblossom             Jackal Familiar
Demonic Tutor             Frenzied Goblin

Anathemancer              Bant Sureblade          
Doran, the Siege Tower    Jund Hackblade
Blightning                Gaddok Tegg
Profane Command           Staggershock

Option2:
Tidehollow Sculler        Noble Hierach
Putrid Leech              Llanowar Elf  
Bitterblossom             Birds of Paradise

Demonic Tutor             Ranger of Eos
Anathemancer              Elspeth Knight Errant
Doran, the Siege Tower    Ajani Vengeant
Blightning                Garruk Wildspeaker
Profane Command           Sarkhan Vol

I really don't know which Option is better. These Planeswalker and Ranger of Eos have a huge impact on the bord. But 4 Mana is much and if this cards coming too late in a game, the game is already lost and then you lose.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.