Main Menu

[M13] spoiler

Started by Mythrandir, 02-06-2012, 10:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mir

I completely forget the hypergenesis :)

Akroma's Memorial and Tormod's Crypt are going to be reprinted... Few reanimators start to cry already :)

Also Archaeomancer - one mana cheaper, uncommon or rare and it will not be as broken as Snapcaster is.

Tiggupiru

Thundermaw Hellkite is probably the best card in the set... in a vacuum. Meaning, that there might not be very many (if any) decks where you would want to play it. Red ramp usually has better options higher in the curve and at five mana they usually rather slow down their opponent than try to go aggressive all of a sudden. Midrange Naya or straight up GR beats could use this as their curve topper. Several mana elves are probably required, but if there is a deck, this makes it way better.

Mir

I have read full list once it was released on Gatherer.

Omniscience provides "improved dream halls". For now I havent seen any buzz on legacy forums regarding this...

Battle of Wits - I really dont know if reprint will cause more players to play it. I can imagine simple minded Commander deck with Zur the Enchanter, but it will be too slow and too obvious.

Diabolic revelation - X3BBB and search X cards and put them in your hand... There I see a bit problem. Its an expensive tutor, but still - ramps which search for land even with 8+ lands can be rewarded this way.

Liliana of the Dark realms: 4 out of 6 my oponnents have deck with combination Cabal Coffers+Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth+Primeval titan... And it happens from time to time that players with 20+ lands are still ramping ... Reason why I plan to add Sunder to my deck...

Kristian

Quote from: Mir on 12-07-2012, 09:55:09 AM
I have read full list once it was released on Gatherer.

Omniscience provides "improved dream halls". For now I havent seen any buzz on legacy forums regarding this...

Battle of Wits - I really dont know if reprint will cause more players to play it. I can imagine simple minded Commander deck with Zur the Enchanter, but it will be too slow and too obvious.

Diabolic revelation - X3BBB and search X cards and put them in your hand... There I see a bit problem. Its an expensive tutor, but still - ramps which search for land even with 8+ lands can be rewarded this way.

Liliana of the Dark realms: 4 out of 6 my oponnents have deck with combination Cabal Coffers+Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth+Primeval titan... And it happens from time to time that players with 20+ lands are still ramping ... Reason why I plan to add Sunder to my deck...
Battle of wits is useless in commander since your deck must consist of exactly 99 cards and a commander.Zur would also be unable to tutor for it since his ability only finds an enchantment with cmc of 3 or less. Also, Diabolic Revelation costs X3BB.
There can be only one!

Mir

Depends od variation of the Commander...but true official is indeed limited to 99+1.