1 [4E] Swords to Plowshares
    1 [TSP] Return to Dust
    1 [ON] Piety Charm
    1 [MI] Enlightened Tutor
    1 [LRW] Militia's Pride
    1 [TSP] Temporal Isolation
    1 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte

A few thoughts...

1. There are only 38 creatures in here; as an aggro deck perhaps there should be 2-5 more? If so suggestions on inclusions and non-creature spells to remove? (like, maybe Jayemdae Tome; I also have a few other card-drawers and this one is awkward... although it has come in very handy a number of times...)

2. Land seems iffy. There are too many games with either mana screw OR mana flood; any way to smooth this out? Perhaps all Plains should be Snow and toss in a Scrying Sheets?

3. I am on the fence re: Hour of Reckoning (although it can be huge if the token generators have gotten going)... maybe swap it out for either another Soldier creature, or perhaps Nevinyrral's Disk?

Suggestions?

Mythrandir

just a quick reply (i really dont have time rigth now..but i´ll edit my post later)

lands: u shoud play flagstones, mutavault, mishras factory, wasteland, ghost quarter, kjeldoran outpost (alliances land)..

as for the rest, i´m not a huge fan of WW, but i´ll try to give a few pointers (from my knowledge..) tomorrow, because today, i wont be around..

grizzledmage

Quotelands: u shoud play flagstones, mutavault, mishras factory, wasteland, ghost quarter, kjeldoran outpost (alliances land)..

Flagstones - don't have any (yet), and how would it help? Mutavault - good card; I have three (2 in a T2 deck and 1 in another HL deck; will add it to this one as well). Similar for Ghost Quarter and Wasteland. I do not have K Outpost but it certainly would be appropriate here. OTOH, I don't want to pull too many Plains out because speed is important for this deck.

Quoteas for the rest, i´m not a huge fan of WW, but i´ll try to give a few pointers (from my knowledge..) tomorrow, because today, i wont be around..

Ok - looking forward to your other comments!

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 26-02-2008, 08:59:08 PM
Quotelands: u shoud play flagstones, mutavault, mishras factory, wasteland, ghost quarter, kjeldoran outpost (alliances land)..

Flagstones - don't have any (yet), and how would it help?

well, it because u should play armageddon :P as for speed, ever thought of adding mox diamond/chrome?

now for the rest of the cards..
jitte is banned.. :P

what about these cards:
austere command
winter orb
idyllic tutor
parallax wave
aether vial
promise of bunrei (i know its not soldiers tokens..)
no decree of justice? why?
aven cloudchaser
jotun grunt (good as grave hate)
glory seeker
no soltari champion? why? its the best shadow u can have
some more instants that give temporary/permanent bonuses (+1/+1) etc (celestial crusader seems nice, not soldier, i know :P)

as for the cards to take out, i would probably take out:
icy manipulator
temporal isolation
debor knell
jaemeda tome

as for the soldiers i dont which to take out, beucase i need to see the sinergy of the deck. but for example revered dead doesnt seem quite an offensive card, trap runner likewise.

hope it helps.

grizzledmage

Quoteaustere command
winter orb
idyllic tutor
parallax wave
aether vial
promise of bunrei (i know its not soldiers tokens..)
no decree of justice? why?
aven cloudchaser
jotun grunt (good as grave hate)
glory seeker
no soltari champion? why? its the best shadow u can have

The Aether Vial is not a bad idea at all; I had not even thought of it. The deck started with Decree of Justice but frankly I never seemed to get much use from it... bad situations? Not sure, but since I originally believed in it anyway, it has already gone back in for the now-empty Jitte slot.

Aven Cloudchaser was also in, but taken out because 3 out of 4 times the only available target enchantments were my own (Mobilization, Shared Triumph, etc.).

Jotun Grunt also was in but is now out; my current local metagame doesn't have near enough grave effects in Highlander to justify its presence. Plus its history is such that there were always too few cards in GYs to pay for its cum. upkeep... IOW, usually mostly a dead card.

Glory Seeker? Really? It's a vanilla 2/2 - why that one instead any of the myriad other soldiers out there?

Would certainly include a Soltari Champion... if I had one...

Quoteas for the cards to take out, i would probably take out:
icy manipulator
temporal isolation
debor knell
jaemeda tome

I have found the Manipulator and Isolation to be very useful but I'm inclined to agree on the Knell and Tome. The Knell first put in because I originally thought that the deck attracts too many board sweeping effects, allowing the Knell to help recover... but games almost never play out that way. The Tome is poor but sometimes acceptable card drawing; however, the others in there (Candles of Leng, Bottled Cloister, Slate of Ancestry) are better and can be tutored.

grizzledmage

QuoteWould certainly include a Soltari Champion... if I had one...

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that... sure enough; it's in there already; check out the decklist.

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 28-02-2008, 04:18:51 PM
QuoteWould certainly include a Soltari Champion... if I had one...

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that... sure enough; it's in there already; check out the decklist.

lol, yeap, didnt see it too.
well if your meta doesn have grave effects (strange.. no one uses LFTL? volrath? academy ruins?)

have you consider joining the running league? and test the deck out?

grizzledmage

Quotehave you consider joining the running league? and test the deck out?
Hm? Don't know what you're talking about. If you guys have an online (MWS or some such) league, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 28-02-2008, 08:50:02 PM
Quotehave you consider joining the running league? and test the deck out?
Hm? Don't know what you're talking about. If you guys have an online (MWS or some such) league, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

its a highlander league. usually two games per week (via MWS). but look in this topic.. its all related our league http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?board=28.0

grizzledmage

Sounds great - is it possible to get emails when a new one is coming together?

Also... just as a postscript... this past weekend I came into possession of a new Commander Eesha, and it went in in place of the Trap Runner.

pyyhttu

QuoteSounds great - is it possible to get emails when a new one is coming together?

Your best bet is to subscribe to rss-feed of this forum (it's quite low traffic one).

QuoteAlso... just as a postscript... this past weekend I came into possession of a new Commander Eesha, and it went in in place of the Trap Runner.

Commander Eesha is an excellent blocker in multiplayer games but I wouldn't put it in your which tries to define the tempo and kill fast, right? Eesha doesn't help much with that.

Also, whatever modifications you do to your deck, I recommend using the 'edit-button' and reflect the corresponding changes to your original post with the deck list. (easier for other users to track progress and give suggestions).