Vazdru

next season will probably starts July

registration will be available in June

you will be able to play cards from unban-watchlist again

any suggestions or requests?
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Syras

In the last two seasons (which are the only ones I played) I recognized that there are always some players who join the league in the beginning but then stop playing. Now if these players only play one or two matches before they quit, their opponents have a huge advantage since they get to play more matches than everyone else.

My suggestion is that at the end of the season only those matches are included in the calculation, where each player played at least 1/3 of their possible matches (the threshold is of course debatable). This should ensure that the best of the active players wins, while also holding the league open for everyone. For special awards like "most matches outside Top 3" this threshold could be left out (which is also debatable).

malz77

Quote from: Syras on 07-05-2012, 09:46:56 PM
In the last two seasons (which are the only ones I played) I recognized that there are always some players who join the league in the beginning but then stop playing. Now if these players only play one or two matches before they quit, their opponents have a huge advantage since they get to play more matches than everyone else.

My suggestion is that at the end of the season only those matches are included in the calculation, where each player played at least 1/3 of their possible matches (the threshold is of course debatable). This should ensure that the best of the active players wins, while also holding the league open for everyone. For special awards like "most matches outside Top 3" this threshold could be left out (which is also debatable).

+1

Vazdru

Quote from: Syras on 07-05-2012, 09:46:56 PM

My suggestion is that at the end of the season only those matches are included in the calculation, where each player played at least 1/3 of their possible matches. This should ensure that the best of the active players wins, while also holding the league open for everyone. For special awards like "most matches outside Top 3" this threshold could be left out.

agreed
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.