Main Menu

[Avr] Spoiler

Started by LasH, 09-04-2012, 12:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytahiti

coldcrow- no love for restoration angel? its imo far and away the best card for HL in this set. its gonna win ALOT of games. there are too many ridiculous etb trigger creatures in this format.

imagine having a kavu, opponent has a 3/3 wild nacatl. you attack with kavu, he doesnt wanna trade, but lightning bolts your kavu. you flash in this angel, blink the kavu, "counter" the lightning bolt, shoot the wild nacatl and get a 3/4 flying angel. i believe thats a 3 for 1. and thats a very COMMON scenario. this card is so sick.
Winner - Pro HL Cup, Prague 2002
Winner - Highlander Regional Masters, Phuket 2006
Winner - Sunrise Trophy Run, Hawaii 2006
Winner - North Dakota HL Championships 2007
Winner - Tahiti "One And Only"-Cup #3, 2009
Winner - Gio di Gio Seria, Florenz, 2016
Winner - Jail or be Jailed, Berlin, 2017

Nastaboi

Restoration Angel is the best goodstuff card. Entreat, Terminus, Desolate Lighthouse, Thunderous Wrath and Griselbrand are good but they only go in specific decks, which is not a bad thing. Tamiyo and Vanishment could be okay if there were decks for them. The rest is pretty meh.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

coldcrow

oops. I totally overlooked that one. Easy to splash 3/4 flash flyer with a relevant ability and a good cost :o

Tiggupiru

Restoration Angel didn't impress me that much in the prerelease, although it was decent and could just be the card for this set. Boring, but what are you going to do? Goodstuff isn't exactly very inspiring deck anyways.

I think Tibalt is underrated, but that is just a hunch. No way it's going to affect goodstuffs in any way, but I keep thinking the card has hidden upsides all over him. I also feel that Tamiyo is also a bit better than it looks. Might be good enough to see play in bant, but that might be a stretch. Still, I think she has a few decks already floating around and she is quite decent in them. If you progress the board for the first turns and then lock their best guy with this on turn five, it's quite sweet. This isn't a control card, but pretty good curve topper in midrange.

Ulvenwald Tracker also seems quite sweet. Repeatable creature removal for green is not something that appears with every set, so this probably can get some work done.

Limited seems pretty fun with this set, but I can't help but to feel too few of these cards make the transition to HL. Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you, but wouldn't have been disappointed for a couple of more decent cards either.