Main Menu

RUG Pod

Started by Nastaboi, 08-12-2011, 05:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish

I still see this deck has a lot of potential and I am wondering if you made any changes to your list for the last month.
I personally dont like counterspells too much and I would play creatures instead but some of them are fine. I also love EtB creatures and they are especially good for Pod deck.
I give you a list of creatures that are not in your list and can fit into this deck more or less - depends if it is control version or aggro version of your Pod deck:

Viridian Emissary - I think he is just great for this deck and he is good with Pod
Wall of Blossoms - only if you play control version of this deck
Goblin War Marshal – probably better in control version, stops the initial pressure and gives you some time to evolve
Regrowth – only in control version, usually I dont like this kind of cards cause they are random but when you focus more on finding Pod and keeping Pod in the game, this can help and you have other very good targets for it anyway
Fire Imp - not such a good beater but helps a lot and you might find him with Pod from time to time
Troll Ascetic - I play Pod myself and I quite often go like - sac 2 cc creature find this one (opponent cant kill it so easily), then sac this and find Thrun ... you know, what I mean?
Yavimaya Dryad - just an idea, works for my RG version and can be even better in 3 color deck but she has not such a good damage potential; here is important to say that dryad is there only for having 2 power, all the creatures like Wood Elves are just bad
Fabricate – If I played Pod with blue I would play this card since i usually play more creatures but i agree that sometimes you dont want tutor and you want something else
Obsidian Baloth - this guy is terribly great especially when you play Pod for optional cc and he is quite a body
Solemn Simulacrum - if you play Tezzeret he is even better and you play 3 colors, I dont play blue and dont have third color and he is very helpfull
Chandra, the Firebrand – worth of trying, works very well for me
Deranged Hermit – probably not that special for you but I like him when I get swarmed by little weenie suckers, he is still an adept in my deck to put out, he is also the target for my Zenith for 5 – he is usually better than Acidic Slime
Primal Command – just an idea, either you like this card or not
Siege-Gang Commander – already mentioned, I think he is better than Arc Slogger, especially in the deck that has tutor engine
Tezzeret – I would really play him
Mulldrifter – better in control version probably
Wurmcoil Engine – just an idea

cagain

I have such Deck too. So I play plenty of control stuff and the Kiki-Jiki/Splinter Twin + Deceiver Exarch/Pestermite Combo as well. Here is my list:

Lands (35)
1x Dryad Arbor
1x Scalding Tarn
1x Volcanic Island
1x Wooded Foothills
1x Tundra
1x Arid Mesa
1x Tropical Island
1x Windswept Heath
1x Seat of the Synod
1x Misty Rainforest
1x Raging Ravine
1x Great Furnace
1x Fire-Lit Thicket
1x Academy Ruins
1x Rootbound Crag
1x Copperline Gorge
1x Tolaria West
1x Steam Vents
1x Breeding Pool
1x Flooded Grove
1x Stomping Ground
1x Cascade Bluffs
1x Mountain
1x Tree of Tales
1x Forest
1x Sulfur Falls
1x Island
1x Reflecting Pool
1x Flooded Strand
1x City of Brass
1x Bloodstained Mire
1x Maze of Ith
1x Polluted Delta
1x Wasteland
1x Verdant Catacombs

Creatures (36)
1x Phyrexian Metamorph
1x Inferno Titan
1x Wall of Blossoms
1x Man-o'-War
1x Noble Hierarch
1x Lotus Cobra
1x Fauna Shaman
1x Ghitu Slinger
1x Eternal Witness
1x Spike Weaver
1x Avalanche Riders
1x Gilded Drake
1x Snapcaster Mage
1x Kitchen Finks
1x Deceiver Exarch
1x Birds of Paradise
1x Pestermite
1x Ravenous Baboons
1x Acidic Slime
1x Phantasmal Image
1x Flametongue Kavu
1x Scavenging Ooze
1x Bloodbraid Elf
1x Venser, Shaper Savant
1x Viridian Corrupter
1x Grim Lavamancer
1x Trinket Mage
1x Body Double
1x Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
1x Sower of Temptation
1x Glen Elendra Archmage
1x Primeval Titan
1x Imperial Recruiter
1x Fyndhorn Elves
1x Spellskite
1x Llanowar Elves

Spells (26)
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Sylvan Library
1x Fact or Fiction
1x Brainstorm
1x Treachery
1x Remand
1x Mana Drain
1x Beast Within
1x Sudden Shock
1x Ice (Fire/Ice)
1x Force of Will
1x Lightning Bolt
1x Natural Order
1x Firespout
1x Bribery
1x Preordain
1x Ancestral Vision
1x Arc Trail
1x Arc Lightning
1x Chain Lightning
1x Green Sun's Zenith
1x Birthing Pod
1x Pithing Needle
1x Engineered Explosives
1x Sword of Fire and Ice
1x Splinter Twin

Planeswalker (3)
1x Tezzeret the Seeker
1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1x Garruk Relentless

I think, most of the card choices are clear. ;)