Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season II

Started by MErcator, 12-02-2008, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MErcator

MErcator vs. Mythrandir
      2  :  0

Controll mirror match, that revolved around back to basics, that never quite stayed on the board...
I think that i could resolve a decree of Silence in both games, so that the cardadvantage took the games home for me...
In the 2nd game Mythrandir had to mulligan after spoiling his starter and so had an even worse starting position.
After counterbattles i had more gas left.

Georg B

Georg (5c Control) vs. MErcator (UW Control)
1:2

In the first game I had to mulligan to 6 (after the spoilmulligan) and even after that, my hand was so bad.

In game two I have the Venser/Karakas-combo and he never get the 5th land into play. So I won with Venser/Hierarch-beats.

In game three it looked pritty well for me when he played the Academy Rector. I wanted to flashback my Mystical Teachings in the next round and play a StoP in the same round, but he had a Wrath of God and searched his library for a Back to Basics. I had only Nonbasics and a Manastone.

Mythrandir

Myhrandir Vs Mercator 0:2

game 1: he had back to basics, i got rid of it. he then played stroke of genius which gave him a big card advantage. i lost because i emptied my hand (counters) to counter a decree of silence.. next turn he played akroma and won
game 2: i had to mulligan to 6 (damn MWS shuffle..) i had an early beat with doran, but he wrathed. once again stroke gave him a lot of card advantage.. after that i was striving for survival :P akroma won the game again (but he had other creatures in play). by the end there was a 20 card difference in our libraries.. huge card advtange..

off topic.. can someone create a post for the season II i think its easier for all topics/comments regarding season II be separated.. no?

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 12-02-2008, 08:18:11 PM

off topic.. can someone create a post for the season II i think its easier for all topics/comments regarding season II be separated.. no?

Posts have been moved and scoreboard for Season I has been closed.

MErcator - Mythrandir 2:0
MErcator - Georg B 2:1
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

phyyhttu (Wu-RebelChain) vs Vazdru (5CC-StuffyControl)

First game has been a REAL tough battle over almost one and a half hour. I lived half that game on the edge to death. It was hard for me to stop that Rebels come again and again although i've used Academy Ruins + Engineered Explosives to clean the board trying to take control.

While I've had 5 LP left - after a more than one hour fight - he decided to counter my Austere Command with Force of will removing Psionic Blast. He had Mirror Entity, Lin Sivvi and a random Critter on the board but it was still a hard decision i bet.
I've managed to stay alive with Maze, Mishra's Factory, Karakas and Life from the Loam the next few mins while explosives cleared the whole board...lucky win for me in the end.

Second game has been incredible fast. First Turn Vial, Second Turn random Critter X2, Third Turn Soltari Commander. After no more than 5 min the rebels kicked my ass.

Third game i had a quite good hand: 2 Fetchies, Dimir Signet, StP, Lightning Helix, Hierarch, Wrath of God !!! First Draw: Brainstorm ^^ But even with that hand it had been a tough fight. He annuled Signet. But the Hierarch in  4th Round still put some preasure on the Board he couldn't handle a few turns so his lifepoints have been ticking away. Lightning Helix, Regrowth -> Lightning Helix gave me another 6 LP and took him down to 1 LP. Luckily I've had enough time using the "Life from the Loam-Engine" + Exploration and Horizon Canopy to get some Cycle-Lands and afterwards Tolaria West for Explosives + Zuran Orb.

One of the most intensive  and exciting matches I've had in our League so far.

1-2

I've tested some brand new decks today too. Spend ~ 3 hours for Deckbuilding and after five matches my UB-Faerie-Deck and my RB-Gobbo-Deck has an incredible record of 0-5. It isn't as easy as i thought to build good tribal decks, but i think UB-Faeries get their chance in an upcoming League-Game - let's see.
Far below the earth

pyyhttu

Good report, was nice to read it. For the record: One of the hardest HL games I've encountered for a while, losing to Vazdru didn't actually matter after +2 hours anymore as clearly lost to a good deck and draws (without making noticable play mistakes). These games are excellent for the deck testing and already noticed some areas where the pesky rebels could improve themselves>

+meta requires the deck needs that Back to Basics as a silver bullet. People have unlimited access to duals  and they seem to use them :) BtB's effect is just as devastating as PoP would have. Should've added that.
+As the deck is quite permissive, and creature count is clearly a little bit low, adding Raise the Alarm should fix that a little. Still would like to add creature count.
+Mana acceleration of some form could be good. Some rebel builds have run green just to splash Gaea's Cradle but need to find something else on the side of Mox Diamond.

GGs!

Mythrandir

Mythrandir VS Vazdru 5c control vs 5c stuffy control

let me just say our friendly matches were 9-0 for vazdru (with some very close near wins for me)

game 1: vazdru had to mull down to 6 after spoiling. he both had a "furnace" on the table so, graveyard was almost empty. he was low on lands, and i was able to counter his first few spells (garruk, FOF, included). i played jace, and after that i had a lot of card advantage. i had some creatures on the table that were "damnationed", after that i tried to put some pressure with call of the herd, FTK... but a very pesky shriekmaw hit the table 3 times... eventually i won with a decree of 12 soldiers.

game 2: again vazdru had an awful hand.. in this game he had only 3/4spells and 14 lands... auch.. he played mishras factory but i got lucky and drew a rishadan port.. after that he didnt do much ("muted" for LFTL with shred memory, but never activated it) i played a 4/4 etched oracle, a loxodon and an eternal dragon, mishra factory (and muted the tolaria for a pact of negation); he had maze of ith, and kor-haven). he played FOF, but got nothing very good. by that time he was at 11 pts and being all tapped, i attacked and won..

not very interesting games when your oponent has crappy hands... =/

better luck next time buddy. :)

Vazdru

Mythrandir (5C-Control) - Vazdru (5C-StuffyControl)

After two great games vs phyyhttu I've had the two worst ones ever since I've playing on mws:

First game: 7 Cards -> 1 Land, keeping land + trinket Mage and change 5 cards to get no more lands - Mulligan to 6 on the play vs a stylish seven card hand -> the end was clear before I've played my first card, nevertheless i tried my best over 30 min since i've lost

Second Game: 7 Cards -> 2 Lands, keeping both Lands + Claws to get 3 other Lands + Guilty Conscience // thought a while to Mulligan again to six but decided to play

Draw: Land
NO joke !!!
Still no joke !!!
K - I'm kidding // 5th card has been Mulldrifter

Playing Mulldrifter to get ??? yes right! some more lands.

In the end there has been ~ 20 Lands in Grave, Hand and Play and only 8 Spells, then I've lost again.

Insane, Frustrating  :-\ - now i know why sushipasta quited to play HL on MWS (he had some similar games like mine). Anyway, just a game! Better luck next time, so beware  ;)

Congratz to Mythrandir, he had some nice hands - it would have been hard even with better draws i bet.
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 18-02-2008, 01:01:34 AM

Congratz to Mythrandir, he had some nice hands - it would have been hard even with better draws i bet.

the first game i had loads of counters, so yeah, would have been though for you, specially after jace hit the table.. the 2nd u had claws + LTFL, so i dont know... if u didnt draw that many lands, it would have been a long/difficult game

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 18-02-2008, 08:11:05 PM
Quote from: Vazdru on 18-02-2008, 01:01:34 AM

the first game i had loads of counters, so yeah, would have been though for you, specially after jace hit the table.. the 2nd u had claws + LTFL, so i dont know... if u didnt draw that many lands, it would have been a long/difficult game

Yes - in second game everything was against me. Although i've had Maze + Kor Haven + Mishra + LftL i wasn't able to handle your creatures. I've had Mishra + Claws in first round and my 2nd play has been round 6! Mulldrifter, round seven Transmute Memories to LftL, even last round Fact or Fiction showed 3 more lands. But there is maybe one percent of the matches like this - so i look forward for the next ones  ;D
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Mythrandir VS GeorgB 5c control VS 5c stuffy control
2-0

game 1: on the first turns i played brainstorm, worldly counsil (for 5), demonic tutor for garruk. he played stuffy after that, but i played regrowth on demonic and the searched for STP for the doll. after that garruk eventually won me the game, after a FTK on a beast, a shriekmaw on the FTK, for a few turns he was able to hold on, but i muted tolaria for a wasteland a played exalted angel.
p.s. (he drew loads of lands)

game 2: i played a couple of lands + flagstone which i cropped rotation for a karakas (i had venser on hand) he played loxodon but i vensed it. he then played stuffy doll (again...) i countered it, after that he playd volrath stronghold and return stuffy to hand and then played on the next turn. i had intuition (searched for volrath stronhold+ etched oracle + witness; witness to hand) in grave and eternal witness on hand, so i played eternal witness -> intuition (2nd time) for mystical teachings + LFTL + regrowth.. he chose LFTL.. i used LFTL (flagstones + volrath + fetch) to put a flagstones again in play, flashbacked mystical for STP and used it on doll (all tapped out). i made a few attacks with witness, shriewmaw (killed his loxodon) and nantuko monastery and brought him to 9pts.
he then played brion, shriewkmaw on my witness, i was going for karakas->venser (i dont know what i used venser for.. but he was in play) but he played a lightning helix on my venser. I used stronhold again on venser, and vensed his shriekmaw which he sacrficed to brion for +3pts, i attacked and left him at 1 pt. he played tainted pact for a mystical teachings, but it wasnt enough for my next attack (i had a counter).

ggs.

Vazdru

MErcator (UW-Control) vs Vazdru (B/R-AGGRO)

1st Game: He's down to 6 lp with no counterspell left, I'm on 5 LP, he had Teferi + Academy Rector; Ankh of Mishra on my side. I have 5 lands in play, draw another one and shoot him with rift bolt down to 3 lp...all i have to do is to say go, but i play the land  ???... lol, next card incinerate...studipness can be quite frustrating sometimes >:(.

2nd Game: Big Card-Advantage via Dark Confidant, although i do not find a second Mountain long time... my life ticking away, but his did even faster.

3rd Game: I keep hand with Keldon Megalith, Genju + Jakal Pup and Mulligan 4 to get Urborg, Hit//Run, Blistering Firecat, Molten Rain. I thought a while to Mulligan to 6, but decided to keep (big danger not to find enough lands after Mulligan). Mesmeric Fiend from the top. He has Oblivion Ring + Back to Basics  :o ...damned! I took Ring, so he played Back to Basics. 5 Draws no land while he played his hand. Perfect day again. I play 20 Basiclands and lost to b2b.

Should have won 2:0 (without mistake in first game) but so in the end I've lost 1-2. GG.

Btw. MErcator would have given me the change to take back my last landplay in first game but i've been too angry/frustrated about myself so i decided to dismiss first game.

Far below the earth

MErcator

MErcator (UW_C) - Sturmgott (Blue Skies)
   2 : 1

In all games Meloku was a big step to victory for me. In the first i missed few landddrops an had meloku an Vedalken shakles after a while. Sturmgott had evasion, but i was a few damage points faster. Before the last turn the server crashed (he had one draw for 3 dmg) but sturmgott gave this one to me. thanks again.

I lost the 2nd game to him mulligan to six after spoiling his opener. He played Winter orb and had daze (counter Meloku), FoW, thwart and Counterspell, so i did'nt resolve anything crucial. I think i made a misstake there for countering his perilious research. i felt quite victorious that time...

The last game i had a good draw with wrath, solemn, Meloku an counterbackup. Strumgott was screwed on 2 lands an could't interupt me, for his little mana.

Vazdru

Myhtrandir (5C-Control) - Vazdru (BR-AGGRO)

0:2

1st Game: He plays first. I play 1st Turn Dark Ritual: Withered Wretch + Duress (his hand): Tablernacle, Tropical, Secluded, Mana Drain, Pact of Negation, Doran - I take Mana Drain. Second Turn: Scorched Rusalka, -> Turn 4 or 5 PoP for the win.

2nd Game: First Turn Rift Bolt. Second: Emberwilde Augur: Third - Attack for 2 + Next Turns: Thoughtseize (Wrath, Skyshroud Claim, Undergroud Sea) Chain Lightning, Fire Ambush, Char, Lightning Bolt, Mogg Fanatic for the win.

~ 15 Min altogether - this time i've had some good draws and Mythrandir had to suffer 
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 26-02-2008, 12:29:31 AM

~ 15 Min altogether - this time i've had some good draws and Mythrandir had to suffer 

at least i won the die roll... :S