Main Menu

Morningtide

Started by Mythrandir, 13-01-2008, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Full spoiler is up.

Well, i dont see that many potencial cards (at least for my 5cc), kinship and prowl aint that good in a control deck.
however the white tutor, the "forest painland",the draw card with "buyback clash".
also these cards might be good: negate, offalsnout, titans revenge, reach of branches and mutavault.

what do u think?

Vazdru

I see some great stuff for RG and RDW:

Countryside Crusher 1rr
Creature - Giant Warrior   Rare
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it into your graveyard and repeat this process.
Whenever a land card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, put a +1/+1 counter on Countryside Crusher. 3/3

Sensation Gorger 1rr
Creature - Goblin Shaman   Rare
Kinship - At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Sensation Gorger you may reveal it. If you do, each player discards his or her hand and draws four cards.
"More. More. MORE!!" 2/2

Taurean Mauler 2r
Creature - Shapeshifter   Rare
Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times)
Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.
The power of a waterfall. The fury of an avalanche. The intellect of a gale-force wind. 2/2

Chameleon Colossus 2gg
Creature - Shapeshifter   Rare
Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times)
Protection from Black
2{G}{G}: Chameleon Colossus gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is equal to its power. 4/4

Mutavault

Land   Rare
{T}: Add 1 to your mana pool.
1: Mutavault becomes a 2/2 creature with all creature types until end of turn. It's still a land.
Some changelings born at Velis Vel never return, but their essence never leaves.

In my opinion one of the best cards in the new expansion:

Earwig Squad 3bb
Creature - Goblin Rogue   Rare
Prowl 2{B}
When Earwig Squad comes into play, if its prowl cost was paid, search target opponent's library for three cards and remove them from the game. Then that player shuffles his or her library. 5/3

Maybe a nice combo card:

Maralen of the Mornsong 1bb
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard   Rare
Players can't draw cards.
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player loses 3 life, searches his or her library for a card, puts it into his or her hand, then shuffles his or her library.
Maralen sent Veesa, Endry, and Illiona - the Vendillion clique - on the gravest of tasks. 2/3

Quite nice too:

Bitterblossom 1b
Tribal Enchantment - Faerie   Rare
At the beginning of your upkeep, lose 1 life and put a 1/1 black Faerie Rogue creature token with flying into play.

But you're right - it's no good expansion for 5CC!

What do you think about this card:

Feudkiller's Verdict 4ww
Tribal Sorcery - Giant   Rare
You gain 10 life. Then if you have more life than an opponent, put a 5/5 white Giant Warrior creature token into play.

I'm not sure - I'm tending between "Crap" and "Great stuff"
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

yeap, for R you´re probably right, as for the the legendary creature that tutors i think it will get "itself" killed on the next turn.. but may as a piece of a combo, who knows.

as for the life gaining.. i thought of it.. but 6CMC is a bit harsh.. and it only gives u the token if you have more life. so. i dont know. if only it was instant :P but i´ll probably test it on MWS.

Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

Mornigntide patch is ready for direct download via MWS. i strongly recommend if anyone added MOR manually to remove it, and download the patch.

to download: open MWS -> TOOLS -> check site for MWS updates. (which will close MWS). after that restart MWS and apply changes.