Main Menu

Gb Elves

Started by Fisanden, 15-08-2011, 03:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisanden

I couldn't find a proper List so i tried with my own. I don't think it is 100%, so i hope you guys can help me again. I haven't tested it a lot so if some of the choices is odd, so bare over me

Lands:
17 Forest
2 Swamp
Bayou
Owergrown Tomb
Gilt-Leaf Palace
Gaea's Cradle
Wirewood Lodge
Bloodstained Mire - i wanted another black scource but another swamp is to narrow, and fetches is always nice
Verdant Catacombs
Wooded Foothills
Misty Rainforest
Windswept Heath
Wasteland

0CC
Dryad Arbor
Summoner's Pact

1CC
Llanowar Elves
Fyndhorn Elves
Boreal Druid
Arbor Elf
Birchlore Rangers
Joraga Treespeaker
Elves of Deep Shadow
Heritage Druid
Noble Hierarch
Birds of Paradise - i dont know if this is right, but it seemed ok
Wirewood Symboite
Quirion Ranger
Nettle Setinal
Skyshroud Elite
Joraga Warcaller
Duress
Inquisition of Kozilek
Thoughtseize
Wordly Tutor
Sylvan Tutor
Crop Rotation - fetches Cradle :D
Rancor

2CC:
Devoted Druid
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
Priest of Titatia
Wirewood Hivemaster
Elivsh Visionary
Fauna Shaman
Viridian Zealot
Eladamri, Lord of Leaves
Wren's Run Vanquisher
Talara's Battalion
Time of Need - not sure, but i fetches Rofellos, Edric, Eadamri and Ezuri
Sylvan Scying - Cradle :D
Demonic Tutor
Night's Whisper
Nameless Inversion
Go for the Throat
Doom Blade

3CC:
Viridian Shaman
Viridian Corrupter
Elvish Harbinger
Elvish Archdruid
Trival Forcemage - always morphed
Eternal Witness
Edric, Spymaster of Trest - not sure again, but i seemed insane and can be spalshed/played by Noble, Birds, Birchlore, GSZ, Harbinger and The pod
Imperious Perfect
Ezuri, Renegade Leader
Elvish Champion
Adaptive Automaton - maybe?
Beast Within
Maelstrom Pulse
Krosan Grip

4CC:
Sylvan Messenger
Skyshroud Poacher - why not
Immaculate Magistrate
Wilt-Leaf Liege
Chameleon Collosus
Birthing Pod
Garruk Wildspeaker
Triumph of the Hordes - Overrun nr. 2

5CC:
Deranged Hermit
Overrun
Coat of Arms
Eldrazi Monument

7CC:
Regal Force

XCC
Green Sun's Zenith
Chord of Calling

I hope you have imput, thanks in advance

Tiggupiru

Looks solid enough. Couple of card did jump out to me though:

Talara's Battalion - This looks like a card that requires you to do things like keep bad one drops in your opening seven just to get this guy on turn two or three. I can't imagine him being worth of two cards.
Edric, Spymaster of Trest - Keep him. Turns all of your random 1/1's into cantrips, well worth the splash IMO.
Beast Within - Rather than this, I would just splash white for Stoneforge, Oblivion Ring and Mirror Entity. Entity might not be good enough, but it has good synergy. White also has Swords/P2E/Journey if you want those too. I am not saying Beast Within is really bad in this deck, but it certanly seems worse than splashing for white.
Skyshroud Poacher - is sick in this deck. Don't consider cutting him :)
Immaculate Magistrate - Win more, I think.

Cards I would add:

Natural Order - Even if this is just for the Regal Force, it's still good. I would add Terastodon as well.
Garruk 2.0 - I haven't tried him yet, but seems at home in here. Just pure value.
White Splash - I know all those blood moons and whatnot may seem scary, but they are just very rarely played cards and might not even have too much of an impact if they don't come quickly enough. There is a reason why 4c/5c good stuffs do well. Besides all you need with those accelerants in there already, are Marsh Flats, Savannah and Temple Garden. I would also add Tropical and Flooded Strand. Marsh Flats would also give you an elegant black source ;)

You could try also there:

Living Death
Shriekmaw - Removal which you can find with creature tutors.
Recurring Nightmare - Might just be too cute, but it's a decent card nonetheless.

Fisanden

thanks for the reply..

about the ideas:

Talara's Battalion - maybe to hard to cast, but again it can be played with GSZ and it is a 4/3 for 2mana... don't know, must try it more
Edric - it is awesome, keeping it.
Beast Within - I'v tried the white splash, but it wasn't good enough, and it is the only green removal( i think), so i would't splash white
Poacher - Keep!
Magistrate - think i'll cut it, it seems like it is to bad, and as you say, win more.

Natural Order - Maybe, could be awesome, i'll try it
Garruk 2.0 - What does it do? Draw cards(1 cards), make token.. don't think it is good enough
White Splash - Don't think it is good enough, and it does make the manabase a little more shaky, and as you say Moon effetcs etc.
think im just keeping it Gb, i consider the Trop, makes Edric better ;D

Think Shriekmaw could be very good, don't know about the others