Main Menu

[HLL]Announcements

Started by Vazdru, 04-11-2007, 12:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyyhttu

Yeah, I also enjoyed this league as it served as an excellent platform to test various decks, looking forward to another one. And congratulations to MErcator!

Vazdru

Thx. Good to know that the league making fun at least for a small group of people.

I've got 5 Booster Packs for my last article about the 4th HL GP recently -> so there will be another season.

We can start, if we'll find 10 participants for it. The price support will be better than before.

I donate 4 Boosters packs for the winner of the 3rd Season.

I'll have to discuss some organizational points with Sturmgott first, then i'll open a Registration-Thread for season III.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

lets hope the III league will have the minimum of 10 people (lets see, if the forum members participate a little more) because it aint just fun playing with 5/6 ppl.

btw, thks Vazdru for the donation :D

Hello,

I hope to have enough time to play season 3  ;D

Mythrandir

Quote from: cron on 21-05-2008, 03:40:03 PM
Hello,

I hope to have enough time to play season 3  ;D

the league doesnt take up too much, the biggest problem is the lack of players, but lets hope, that in the III league there will be more players participating.

welcome aboard, cron

Georg B

I will play this season too. I hope I can make every match this time. But if you ask me via ICQ, I will play with you. The only thing that I dont like is that the Forum is so unclear.
As the part of the forum with most activity, it should get an own section.

Mythrandir

@georgB:

if you look at the home page of the forum, you need only 1 click to get to this area. simply click on the HL league on the "child boards" of the tournament :)
i dont think is that unclear, perhaps for new members, but for ppl who have been here a couple of times, is not that hard.. just my opinion, but we can ask the admin to change it, if possible.

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 25-05-2008, 02:38:55 PM
@georgB:

if you look at the home page of the forum, you need only 1 click to get to this area. simply click on the HL league on the "child boards" of the tournament :)
i dont think is that unclear, perhaps for new members, but for ppl who have been here a couple of times, is not that hard.. just my opinion, but we can ask the admin to change it, if possible.

i've already asked him - i think he will change it sometimes, but like you've said i don't think the board structure isn't a huge barrier for new members to find the way to us  :D

the registration for season III is up now

there will be at least 3 Booster packs for the winner this time - if we have 50 or more matches during season III the winner takes 4 Boosters for his victory
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

the registration for season III is up now

there will be at least 3 Booster packs for the winner this time - if we have 50 or more matches during season III the winner takes 4 Boosters for his victory

may i give an opinion? how about dividing the prize for the 2/3 first places, this will make the league more competitive, as (i noticed this on II league) a lot of ppl stopping playing in the league after a couple of defeats, perhaps due to the fact that they knew the wouldnt finish in 1st place,. this way even if the 1st place seems like a stretch there is always the 2nd place.

i know  players here shouldnt be playing for the prize (i know, i´m not), but perhaps this way we wont have that many unplayed matches.

p.s i dont mind pitching in with some money/card/booster.

MErcator

I don't know if we get mor participants if we have more prices. But i would easily donate my 2 boosters from last season lets say for 2nd place.
If we really hope to have a few more players his season i'm in with mythrandir that there should be prices for 2nd perhaps 3rd place

i wish us all fun (and time) for next season...

Mythrandir

Quote from: MErcator on 26-05-2008, 04:19:09 PM
I don't know if we get mor participants if we have more prices. But i would easily donate my 2 boosters from last season lets say for 2nd place.
If we really hope to have a few more players his season i'm in with mythrandir that there should be prices for 2nd perhaps 3rd place

i think its not a matter of having more ppl, but i think if there were prizes for 2nd and 3rd the league would be more "competitive" and probably the outcome of the top3 more opened..

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 26-05-2008, 07:39:21 PM
Quote from: MErcator on 26-05-2008, 04:19:09 PM

i think its not a matter of having more ppl, but i think if there were prizes for 2nd and 3rd the league would be more "competitive" and probably the outcome of the top3 more opened..

Thx guys for your proposals and offers. I think both of you are right, but the contenders of that league gain another -intangible- profit (beside of course the fun of playing the game). Let's have a look on the stats of the last GP - although noone reached the Top every participant of Seaon II are in the top of the field:

Vazdru 16
MErcator 21
Georg B 22
Payron 25
Sturmgott 32

The Problem is, do 1 Booster for second or third place really makes a difference?

Anyway i'll change the arrangement of the price as follows:

First Place - 3 Boosters
1 Booster for second place and 1 Booster for third place, if we have at least 50 matches during season 3

If anyone wants to add something in the price pool - feel free! It's not my but OUR league :) E. g. if MErcator wanna add 2 Booster for second place, it will be like this:

4 Booster for the winner (by Vazdru), 2 Booster for second (by MErcator), 1 Booster for third (by Vazdru).
Far below the earth

Georg B

Hmm... I have to say that I play the league manly to test some deckideas or to get an impression how good a deck is.
I never really tried to get to the top (I mean otherwise I would not have played the 4c ZuiZoo.deck ;) ).
And it makes no differences to me if there are boosters I can win.
I resolved to take more focus on the league. But that has nothing to do with booster prices.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Georg B on 27-05-2008, 12:35:37 AM
Hmm... I have to say that I play the league manly to test some deckideas or to get an impression how good a deck is.
I never really tried to get to the top (I mean otherwise I would not have played the 4c ZuiZoo.deck ;) ).
And it makes no differences to me if there are boosters I can win.
I resolved to take more focus on the league. But that has nothing to do with booster prices.

like you, i play in the league(s) (I and II) just for the fun of playing this format in a more compettive way, however the two leagues we played had some problems with attendacy or players dropping out of the league, leaving it less competitive and more repetitive. so my idea, was to prevent this.

however the 2nd and 3rd prizes are just an idea..

Vazdru

New pairings won't be announced before next Tuesday.

Every participant of Season III should have at least ONE match OR ONE posting before end of week 3.
Far below the earth