Vazdru

Quote from: coldcrow on 01-07-2008, 12:28:17 PM
Ok I am in. Once I figured out MWS out.

If you wanna join our League just leave the necessary information here:

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=94.0
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

20 games have been played already.

It's quite close on the top this time. Everybody still has the chance to reach a top place. Skies seems to be Tier I already; Georg B played 3-1 with UR Skies and me 3-1 with UW Skies. The format seems balanced, unaffected by the recent bannings. Noone managed to leave undefeated.

Guys to beat in the moment: MErcator(WWu?), Georg B (UR-Skies), Pyyhttu (Surprise?!) and me (UW-Skies).

Mythrandir (5C-Control) had a strong comeback and Payron is still some kind of "insider tip"  ;D

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=103.0

Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 21-07-2008, 04:00:42 PM
20 games have been played already.

It's quite close on the top this time. Everybody still has the chance to reach a top place. Skies seems to be Tier I already; Georg B played 3-1 with UR Skies and me 3-1 with UW Skies. The format seems balanced, unaffected by the recent bannings. Noone managed to leave undefeated.

Guys to beat in the moment: MErcator(WWu?), Georg B (UR-Skies), Pyyhttu (Surprise?!) and me (UW-Skies).

Mythrandir (5C-Control) had a strong comeback and Payron is still some kind of "insider tip"  ;D

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=103.0

its becomin quite interesting, even though the skies are pretty though for my 5cc, damn those anti-nonbasic lands cards :P

gl to all.

BTW: if u have a game to play with me and see me on icq/msn give me a ring.

Vazdru

Quote from: cron on 21-05-2008, 03:40:03 PM
Hello,

I hope to have enough time to play season 3  ;D

Hmm, meanwhile i don't think so.

No I'm not a lazy student (anymore  :-\ ;)) Meanwhile I'm working 45-50 hours a week + I am a young family man with a 3-month old son ...and even I've managed it to play some matches already. Time is quite valueable for me, I don't wanna waste it - I organize this league for players who like playing Magic and not for "nominal members".

Sorry! - i can't believe that someone who wanna play a match or two within 6 weeks doesn't find the time to. So the question is, if you wanna play or not?

I wouldn't say a word cause i know you're a nice guy - but no matches at all is too little.

There will be a time schedule now for the rest of the season:

Every participant must have at least 3 matches till 10th of August.

Every participant must have at least 6 matches till 17th of August.

Every participant must have at least 9 matches till 24th of August.

If anyone do not reach the benchmark he will be excluded.

Season ends 31st of August!

Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 28-07-2008, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: cron on 21-05-2008, 03:40:03 PM
Hello,

I hope to have enough time to play season 3  ;D

Hmm, meanwhile i don't think so.

No I'm not a lazy student (anymore  :-\ ;)) Meanwhile I'm working 45-50 hours a week + I am a young family man with a 3-month old son ...and even I've managed it to play some matches already. Time is quite valueable for me, I don't wanna waste it - I organize this league for players who like playing Magic and not for "nominal members".

Sorry! - i can't believe that someone who wanna play a match or two within 6 weeks doesn't find the time to. So the question is, if you wanna play or not?

I wouldn't say a word cause i know you're a nice guy - but no matches at all is too little.

There will be a time schedule now for the rest of the season:

Every participant must have at least 3 matches till 10th of August.

Every participant must have at least 6 matches till 17th of August.

Every participant must have at least 9 matches till 24th of August.

If anyone do not reach the benchmark he will be excluded.

Season ends 31st of August!

Michael0103 and Coldcrow will be excluded unless they play at least one game today.

Ranking + Parings will be updated tonight.
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Season III is over now.

41 matches / 106 games have been played during the last weeks. This is a new record but less than i hoped.

And we have a winner:

Vazdru with a record of 10:2 matches and 21:11 games !! Exactly the same record as MErcator after season II.

MErcator maybe would have won again if he had the chance to play his last match vs Payron. His record after 11 matches 9:2 and the better tiebreaker 19:8 games

I've played all my games with White Clouded Skies. The two matches I've lost were against Georg B with UR-Skies and MErcator with Rb-Gobbos. MErcator lost vs pyyhttu with Staxx and me with UW-Skies.

The first prize (4 Booster for the winner) is put into the prize pool of Season IV.

The second prize (2 Booster for the second place donated by MErcator) goes out to himself.

Season winners:

Season 1: Sturmgott (1st) - Guardian (2nd) - Vazdru (3rd)
Season 2: MErcator (1st) - Mythrandrir (2nd) - Sturmgott (3rd)
Season 3: Vazdru (1st) - MErcator (2nd) - pyyhttu (3rd)
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

congrats to all players. Specially Vazdru. Skies is definitely not an easy deck to play versus

Vazdru

League-Updates:

Unlike season 1-3 there won't be any "Rematch-Pairings" before week four.

Whenever more than 50% of all sheduled matches are played there will be new pairings.

Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Just to reminder everybody that Shards of Alara is now legal in the League, so u better patch up!  :)

Vazdru

[HLL]Ranking updated

Mythrandir still on the top - but it has become close since he has lost his first match this season vs second placed Payron.

The two guys followed by the last undefeated player (with at least one match) Vazdru.

Mythrandir played all his games with 5CC-Control like in all other seasons before (i've made more than 250! games vs his deck already ;D)

Payron played his games with UGwb-Survival-Lark-Combo :) I played my games like last season with modern style of UW-Skies.

Nastaboi and Thibir are the best "Rookies" we've had for a long time with 50% wins each so far in their first season.

A curious thing is that our best player MErcator (-> just check [HLL]Ladder) is actually on place 10 in season IV. I'm sure this won't be for a long time!

EDIT: Cause > 50% of the matches have been played and we have lots of new members waiting for their first matches  ;) there will be the new pairings already tonight! Still no Rematches until week 5.

Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 12-10-2008, 08:41:12 PM
[HLL]Ranking updated

Mythrandir still on the top - but it has become close since he has lost his first match this season vs second placed Payron.

The two guys followed by the last undefeated player (with at least one match) Vazdru.

Mythrandir played all his games with 5CC-Control like in all other seasons before (i've made more than 250! games vs his deck already ;D)

Payron played his games with UGwb-Survival-Lark-Combo :) I played my games like last season with modern style of UW-Skies.

Nastaboi and Thibir are the best "Rookies" we've had for a long time with 50% wins each so far in their first season.

A curious thing is that our best player MErcator (-> just check [HLL]Ladder) is actually on place 10 in season IV. I'm sure this won't be for a long time!

EDIT: Cause > 50% of the matches have been played and we have lots of new members waiting for their first matches  ;) there will be the new pairings already tonight! Still no Rematches until week 5.

This can be a little bias, since i´m (temporarily) on 1st place, but this, IMO, is the best league so far. :)
We have a good number of players. All players are making their games which is great. And the 3 top players are neck to neck, so a very competitive league so far.

@Vazdru, we might wanna celebrate our 500th game in a few months :P

Thks and congrats to all players of the league

Payron

I rly enjoyed the last games ... and that I can play with such great players on the top and I can learn from them :) ... also i don t want that u call it Revilarke combo ;) ... its just a piece in my build because it perfectly fits in the deck ... but I rly think that I found with survival a deck typ that fits my playstyl and is rly strong ... and y I rly think our league is growing and thats just great ... its perfectly to seriosly test decks !!

Vazdru

The registration for Season IV closes after scheduling pairings no. 6.

Season IV ends December, 14th.
Far below the earth