Main Menu

The next Highlander Grand Prix?

Started by Kassow-Rossing, 08-07-2011, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kassow-Rossing

We are five Danish people who are considering travelling to Germany for the next Highlander Grand Prix. Does anybody have any info regarding this tournament yet?

Patrick

Vazdru

I expect another Highlander Grand Prix near Frankfurt at the end of this year in the context of Germagic 3.0.

Personally I toy with the idea of organizing a HL GP myself. As i want as many foreign visitors I would ask for a proper date on this board first.
As possible locations Karslruhe, Frankfurt or Stuttgart come into consideration.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Kassow-Rossing

Thx a lot Tabris.

It looks like it's the German Nationals and that the Highlander tournament is a side-event. Correct? Do you know when the next Highlander Grand Prix are instead?

Vazdru

Quote from: Tabris on 08-07-2011, 01:35:19 PM
Did you got this ?

http://blog.magicplayer.org/2011/06/05/highlander-tournament-11-08-11-at-the-german-national-championship/

Tabris is right. But as the tournament is called "German Highlander DM" i would ask the TO first if you are eligible to join the tournament as foreign player.
Far below the earth

Kassow-Rossing

Okay thanks Vazdru. I will contact the TO if we get that far. Do you know when the next HL Grand Prix are?

We have talked about participating in a GP so maybe a DM is not the best tournament for us. It is a very far to travel from Copenhagen after all :)

Tabris

Well it is not an official side-event so I guess it would be no problem to join the Highlander tournament there. I´am also thinking that no one would exclude you from this bc you are a foreign player o_O since the national tournament has nothing do to with this particular event. but just to be sure ask the TO there or peeler from the forum he made contact before with the TO.

Vazdru

Btw. the price-support is as good as at a HL GP - just the name differs  ;)

EDIT: and probably there won't be any Top 8  ???
Far below the earth

ChristophO

Regarding the Highlander tournament at the german Nationals:
I have heard that there is a vibrant Highlander szene in the town where the Nationals will be held. Also I have heard from quite a few players already that they will be heading to the Nationals just for Legacy/Highlander Side events. The travel time from copenhagen is long for sure (plane might even be the cheapest option) but it just might be worth it. The card shop owner in Frankfurt organizes a big 3 PTQ + Legacy + Vintage + Highlander tournament every year around New Year's. There might be some Overlap but so far I have visited the last two of these events and depending on the day there are between 100 to 2xx players starting in the main event. I think it will be hard to organize event that can offer more tournaments/attendance/prices.

@Vazdru:
I think the best bet to attract not only local players is to offer more than a single day tournament but instead offering Highlander one day and then something else on the next day as well.   

Kassow-Rossing

"I think the best bet to attract not only local players is to offer more than a single day tournament but instead offering Highlander one day and then something else on the next day as well."

I can vote for that as well!

Maggot

One of our local shop owners is planning an event of 100-120 players with a good price support in Berlin. I guess it´s taking place in September or October.
Berlin is even the nicer city to go to than Frankfurt.. ;D.

I´ll keep you up to date on this tournament.

Cheers
Maggot

Kassow-Rossing

Thx that would be fantastic. Berlin is a lot closer to Copenhagen + 100 players or more is what we're looking for.

Tabris

and besides:

berlin is full of awesomeness and win!

Han

Hi, is there any idea where and when will be next GP in Highlander? I haven't attended any GP before, so I am not sure where to find the dates (I am not from Germany, but CZE).

Thanks.