Main Menu

Planeswalker-Oath-Effectcreature-5c-Staxx

Started by Silencesoul, 21-06-2011, 07:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derStefan82

@Kassow-Rossing:

Comments like the posted ones below are not tolerable for a friendly environment in our board. It's ok to discuss about several choices but going personal or blindly bash
someones ideas / improvements is not the way to do.
There is not only one way to build 5-Color-Staxx and to imply Nastaboi (who has excellent deckbuilding skills which are proven in lots of tournament in the last year) that
he don't know what he is speaking about seems strange.
I will have a chat with the other mods about how to handle this situation.

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 27-06-2011, 06:18:11 PM

... It was just an outrageous message with not one sentence of truth in it so I had to correct him. If this is the way you feel, maybe you shouldn't be on this site because I didn't write my articles to self-proclaim myself anything but to help people understand how the deck functions. I have played the deck a lot and done a lot of statistics on various scenarios so I felt I would share some of that information but not to be torn down by noobs like you who haven't said one thing right since you've entered this webpage. I'm sorry if my articles have disturbed you but you should behave or you'll be spoken to like this.

Quoteso once again do not listen to Nastaboi. He clearly knows nothing of what he's speaking.

QuoteI hope you don't listen to the advices given by Nastaboi because he clearly didn't read your deck list as he also mentioned himself.

By the way I don't play all 10 duals in my Staxx, I think minimizing the number of main colors in the deck + splash the others is the way to do (and I think in this case the shocklands
are better then unstable Glimmervoid or City of Brass). Ok City of Traitors and Citadel I would play, but Citadel and the other Artifact-Lands are no must plays in my understanding.
It's valid to have a discussion about that cards but not in that way.

Kassow-Rossing

I was helping Jan over privat messages and he is now helping me as well.

If you mention Nastaboi's great deck building skills you can mention mine as well. I win many tournaments as well in Denmark. In fact I'm the one in charge of all three montly tournaments we hold. I don't see how that is relevant at all.

I won't post any messages like the others again but I strongly disagree with the advices Nastaboi made sound like there was no other truth than his. I chose to sound just as black and white as he did in my first respond and because Crusader mixed his opinions into our discussion he pulled himself into the argument, which was his own choice.

tonytahiti

i too feel like mentioning somebody decks skills or tournament success in a case like this is weird. it has nothing to do with this argument. its almost implying that for some people different rules apply.
Winner - Pro HL Cup, Prague 2002
Winner - Highlander Regional Masters, Phuket 2006
Winner - Sunrise Trophy Run, Hawaii 2006
Winner - North Dakota HL Championships 2007
Winner - Tahiti "One And Only"-Cup #3, 2009
Winner - Gio di Gio Seria, Florenz, 2016
Winner - Jail or be Jailed, Berlin, 2017

Nastaboi

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 29-06-2011, 01:06:19 AM
the advices Nastaboi made sound like there was no other truth than his.

If you read my first post, I wrote everything in first person, using an expression "I'd" in every paragraph. That means: "how I would do it". If that sounds like there is no other truth, then I don't know how to write even more softly.

You are right tony, the question is not about anyone's competense of tournament level or deckbuilding. The problem is that ad hominem should have no part in discussion.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Kassow-Rossing

Nastaboi I can see that and you are right. However it still sounds like you telle him to change stuff I don't think he should change. An example:

"As these only exist to boost Tezzeret, [..]"

That really sounds like a statement and like it's the only reason why those three lands are in the deck. That is not true, as I have already proven, and I felt I could take the same tone as you in my first respond to this thread.

I do understand that I was out of line when I wrote like I did. Tell me how you would have reacted. I've been playing the deck with succes for one-and-a-half-year now and then I read a thread where I, honestly, tend to disagree with everything advices. Would you be able to respond differently?

The topics:
1. I do feel like he should be playing all 10 Duals.
2. I do not feel like he should be playing all 10 Fetches.
3. I don't think he should change his multi-lands since I think those are the best for the deck. I don't think he should be playing Shocks, Filters or WWK Man-lands.
4. I do not think those three artifact lands only exist to boost Tezzeret.
5. I do not feel like he should cut Stronghold and Traitors. I do not think he needs to add more coloured lands either.
6. I do not feel like he should add basic lands to the deck just in case.
7. I do not feel like he should change Darksteel Ingot with a 2cc mana stone.
8. I do not feel like he should change the Signets for Talismans.
9. I do not feel like he should be cutting some colours to make some colours more dominant.
That's pretty much disagreeing on every term. Please tell me how you would have reacted.

Nastaboi

Telling that I disagree, but definitely NOT claiming that the poster had not even read the deck, don't know what he is talking about, and should not be listened to. You can disagree on opinions without addressing the person behind them.

I already mentioned that I accidentally misgrouped Citadel with two other artifact lands, and you even admitted yourself that the other two should be cut for that precise reason.

Vazdru

first of all i can underline the things said by my mate derStefan82 in this thread
I haven't followed the topic promptly as I'm quite busy in the moment - I will have a closer look and will post a short statement how such "discussions" won't get out of hand in the future - as long the topic gets locked (probably EDIT: till Friday, tired today)

btw. i think we have a quite friendly board here in comparision to other boards i've visited and i hope this holds up  
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

derStefan82

By the way I didn't say that Nastaboi has better deckbuilding skills or something like that, I only mentioned that
this exactly bad thing you did, mentioning Nastaboi don't know about how a control deck works and nobody should listening
is strange as he really build lot of successfull controldecks (including staxx/wildfire etc.).
So highlighting his own competence as excuse for those things is strange. Nobody in this thread made desicions on sombodys
competences in a negative way beside you. We're not here for fighting about competence and every guys word should be equal.
Arguments are the way to solve those conflicts and show competence.
I hope we don't need another of this discussion about correct attitude in the near future and I'm happy to lock this Topic.

Vazdru

some things I want to point out:

* the board exists for people to give in their opinions and to produce new ideas - so obv. everyone is welcome to do so
* therefor is quite necessary that noone gets bashed for his own opinions even if they absolut contrary to your own ones
* it's easy to cause disputs and misunderstandings so try to be gentle to the other boardmembers as good as you can (even if you had a bad day  ;)) ...especially if you think he's totally wrong

I know it's hard, I've had some harsh-guided disputes on my own on several boards  ::). I bashed lots and got bashed by hundreds of posters for my own opinions  :) BUT..
quote: i think we have a quite friendly board here in comparision to other boards i've visited and i hope this holds up  

topic is unlocked again
things cleared w/o public
have some fun again
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Kassow-Rossing

People and Nastaboi particular I'm sorry for the troubles I've caused. Jan I hope you have great fun with your deck and that you'll have a lot of luck building a great Staxx deck.

Nastaboi

Silencesoul

Hi all,

what a trouble with my first thread hrhr.
Im very bussy atm.

@ Nastaboi  good thoughts, i cutet all the artifactlands for a basic and a fetch and the 3rd dont know. To play all Duals are testet and works well atm. To Play 10 Fetchs is good but 6-8 are eneught in here i think and testet.

@ Kassow-Rossing  i think you are like the deck so much that you must defense it (you are worked hard on the groundversion of it over years and still test new things) :-) thats ok - i love it also  :-)

@ gerry wasn stress du mit mir hast zzzzz :-)

Gruß
Jan

LasH

First my new decklist, its not 5c anymore.

Artifacts:

1 Mox Opal
1 Mox Diamond
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Worn Powerstone
1 Manalith
1 Coalition Relic
1 Spectral Searchlight
1 Everflowing Chalice
1 Dimir Signet
1 Prismatic Lens
1 Grim Monolith
1 Fellwar Stone
1 Talisman of Dominance
1 Rakdos Signet
1 Darksteel Ingot

1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Expedition Map
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Winter Orb

1 Batterskull
1 Crumbling Sanctuary

Sorcery:

1 Transmute Artifact
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Compulsive Research
1 Diabolic Tutor
1 Mind Spring
1 Fabricate
1 Rhystic Tutor

1 Firespout
1 Wildfire
1 Burning of Xinye
1 Devastation
1 Death Cloud
1 Upheaval
1 Black Sun's Zenith
1 Destructive Force
1 Damnation

1 Bribery

1 Duress
1 Thoughtseize
1 Inquisition of Kozilek

Lands:

1 Tropical Island
1 Bayou
1 Taiga
1 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island
1 Badlands

1 Polluted Delta
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Wasteland
1 Flooded Strand
1 Misty Rainforest

5 Island
2 Mountain
3 Swamp

1 Tolaria West

1 Ancient Tomb
1 City of Traitors
1 Academy Ruins
1 Mishra's Workshop
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

1 Glimmervoid
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Great Furnace
1 Vault of Whispers
1 Darksteele Citadel

1 The tabernacle at Pendrelle Vale
1 Maze of Ith

Instant:

1 Mana Drain
1 Pact of Negation
1 Muddle the Mixture
1 Daze

1 Fact or Fiction
1 Gifts Ungiven

1 Into the Roil

Planeswalker:

1 Liliana Vess
1 Sorin Markov
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
1 Garruk Wildspeaker

Enchantments:

1 Oath of Druids

Creatures:

1 Pelakka Wurm
1 Inferno Titan
1 Rune-Scarred Demon
1 Sphinx of Uthuun
1 Primeval Titan
1 Wurmcoil Engine

So the current plan is to accelerate into a big Bordcleaner. So far, the deck does pretty well. The bad matchup is vs 4c goodstuff in favor 60:40 for 4c as far as my testings delivered. Its pretty decent vs all kind of aggro decks.

Im not sure about D-Force, Sphinx of Uthuun and the tabernacle. I hope to get some feedback how to improve my mu vs 4c goodstuff. I added already discard to handle things like stoneforge mystic better (bc the red sword is really good vs this deck). The deck has not many options for specific targets (into the roil), maybe i need to play some more cards to handle stuff like B2B, Vortex, but so far i had no problems when these cards resolved.

Im thinking of adding another transmute tutor for Deathcloud, because if it resolves its usually game.

(:

Kassow-Rossing

Very interesting. I have no comments but I would like to applaud you for the new version!