- Ajani Vengeant
- Garruk Wildspeaker
- Karn Liberated
- Elspeth, Knight Errant
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
- Elspeth Tirel
- Tezzeret the Seeker
- Jace The Mind Sculptor

Its a Agro & Agro-Handle-Stacks-Variant, so its perfect for the Meta at the moment.

Reguards
Jan

Nastaboi

I won't comment on the spells, but your manabase could use some tuning.
- All ten Duals

I doubt there would ever be a deck where I'd play all ten duals. Even when going five-color, some colors are used less than others. With full set of fetchlands, you'll find the duals you need. I'd cut at least Taiga as G and R are the least played colors.

Quote- Flooded Strand
- Misty Rainforest
- Polluted Delta
- Arid Mesa
- Scalding Tarn
- Marsh Flats
- Windswept Heat

On the contrary, I'd play all ten fetchlands in five-color. While each dual gives you two colors you might or might not need, each fetch gives you the color you need most and most often the color you need second to it.

Quote- City of Brass
- Glimmervoid
- Exotic Orchard
- Tendo-Icebridge

There are many multilands I'd consider playing before these. They include shock duals for most important color combinations and filter lands which provide great help paying for double casters. Worldwake manlands are also great, especially blue ones.

Quote- Seat of the Synod
- Darksteel Ctadel
- Ancient Den

As these exist only to boost Tezzerets, I strongly doubt their usefulness triumphs theis drawbacks. Leave one in if you desperately want to search for one with the Seeker.

Quote- Mishras Workshop
- Mishra's Factory
- Wasteland
- Dust Bowl
- Academy Ruins
- Ancient Tomb
- City of Traitors
- Rishadan Port
- Volrath's Stronghold

Most of them are good, but be careful on how many colourless lands you can afford. I'd propably cut Stronghold, Traitors and Factory for Tectonic Edge and coloured lands.

Quote- Flagstones of Trokair

This is okay. Other colored special lands to consider are Tolaria West and already mentioned WWK manlands.

I'd also add couple of basic lands just in case.

Quote- Coalition Relic
- Guilded Lotus
- Grim Monolith
- Mox Diamond
- Thran Dynamo
- Khalni-Gemme
- Darksteelsteel Ignot
- Azorius Signet
- Simic Signet
- Orzhov Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Worn Powerstone

I'd replace Khalni Gem and Darksteel Ignot with 2cc stones. Mind Stone and Everflowing Chalice are great while colorless, and I like Mirrodin talismans more than signets.

Overall, I'd stick to either three main colors with slight splashes, or even two main colors with single splash. Pure five-color is doable, but you should still press some colors more than others.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Silencesoul

Mh, i played the deck round about 200 times and in 25 tornaments. And i had never problems with my manabase :) some of the lands like the artifact ones i have in the list are there for a little switch in the deck for some other cards like mox opal etc. The kalni gemme is so beautyfull when you play it with armageddon etc  and play like you had mana as normal etc.

MarcMagic

Just a sidenote but playing 10 fetchlands and talismans leads to more lifeloss which often can influence the game. I lost plenty of games because i took these 2 shockdmg or -2 life due to talisman/fetch etc. While it is important to always have access to the right colors and it wins you games (or at least does not lose them for you) it is important to balance the lifeloss/mana ratio as well especially in this aggro orientated metagame.

I'd probably cut some double colored spells like Damnation + Braids to focus on UU RR and WW. But as you mentioned it works out for you the way it is so I guess never touch a running system or sth ; )

LasH

Quote from: Nastaboi on 21-06-2011, 07:57:43 PM

I'd replace Khalni Gem and Darksteel Ignot with 2cc stones. Mind Stone and Everflowing Chalice are great while colorless, and I like Mirrodin talismans more than signets.

Overall, I'd stick to either three main colors with slight splashes, or even two main colors with single splash. Pure five-color is doable, but you should still press some colors more than others.

While Khalni Gem really looks bad on paper, it turned out to be really great in stax. Not only colorfixing for all 2colored spells, futhermore pushing your strategy as silencesoul alrdy said (combination with landdestruction). I would not cut it atm, because there is no better colorfixing in that slot.

I kinda wanna discuss: Use burning of xinye as 2nd Wildfire or go for destructive force. I know wildfire2 does not kill baneslayer, but that can also be a problem, if the angel hits the wrong site of the table.

Btw is frost titan really better than inferno titan?

Silencesoul

Quote from: LasH on 21-06-2011, 11:45:22 PM
Quote from: Nastaboi on 21-06-2011, 07:57:43 PM

While Khalni Gem really looks bad on paper, it turned out to be really great in stax. Not only colorfixing for all 2colored spells, futhermore pushing your strategy as silencesoul alrdy said (combination with landdestruction). I would not cut it atm, because there is no better colorfixing in that slot.

I kinda wanna discuss: Use burning of xinye as 2nd Wildfire or go for destructive force. I know wildfire2 does not kill baneslayer, but that can also be a problem, if the angel hits the wrong site of the table.

Btw is frost titan really better than inferno titan?

Yeah, Frost Titan is such a great thing. In Combination with stall cards like Winter Orb, Tanglewire etc. and it blocks essential cards. Sometimes it frees the way throught oponents lines to hit him in his balls :-). Inferno Titan only makes 3 Damage WTF :-). I make some changes atm i think about Karn, Venser Planeswalker so all Titans with Venser i think GG, cut Braids and get 2 more Manaartifacts in, more Massremoval like Day of Judgement. Batterskull its a twist i think about adding Stoneforge & a Sword for all the Tokenmachines. But for now i love this deck how it is. 

Topas

Hi Jan,
are you facing aggressive 4/5C aggro decks in your meta often? How is the deck performing against them? I'm curious, because I can see that apart from pulse, ring and vindicate, every your anti-aggro spell has CMC 4+. Isn't that far too slow for a fast aggro? In my meta, the aggro builds are often able to play gaddock, or to destroy at least one artifact/enchantment by turn four + to kill the possible blocker, so a single answer like moat does not stop nor slow them down at all.
Plus, do you happen to have any deck consistency problems? Knowing what random draws and little redundancy the staxx has, I see no deck manipulation possibilities for the early turns in your deck - isn't that a problem for you? (I included brainstorm, preordain and ponder into my staxx deck recently, just to improve my draws and plays for the first 3 turns, which appear to be more critical with the recent meta).
Thanks,
Topas

Silencesoul

Hi Topas,

i played the Deck on the Hanau Grandprix in a little different constelation and reached place 33. All other Staxx are on the places 50+ so i never had a problem with agro decks, RDW never had a chance, ww and all others they got no carddraw. So 5c Agro are harder but can be handle. Control decks with many counters kill my staxx sometimes. I never seen gaddock against me so it never was a problem. Bad Moon etc. are only a problem on turn 3/4 at this time i have manaartifacts and crush the lands. Last game i played against the winner of the last grandprix jochen was standing 1/1 firstgame easy game, second for him and the last game was hard for him. he plays stoneforge, sword etc etc. i was at 7 live so i played a wrath of god all gone, next turn i played armagedon, and then i played moat, two turns after he is on one land i play karn, so 10 turns after i had round about 25 cards on the table 2 titans carn on 44 etc. and thats the great thing on this deck it sucks and this many times. Fast agros like ww, rdw put me on 2 live then wrath, batterskull, faiths, oath etc bring me back into game and hes on one handcard - the staxx is a pure great topdeck deck.  I put new in the Deck a Day, Abyss, 2 Manaartifacts and Venser Planeswalker. So Venser is ultimative in this deck - every round a 4counter tangle wire, titans with 2 effects each turn, a moat that gone so i can atack, etc. etc. Staxx has so many killoptions and so many stalling effects and it works. A frend plays a Staxxvariant with 9 Plainswalkers and i think 15 Creatures thats so agressive but he have problems against other removal stall decks more then i. I love to stall the game, play combos on the table and my oponent has to handle all the shit. So 4/5c agros can play entchantment/artifact removal so thats cool but they only play 4-5 in a deck and whats with all the massremoval from my side, the plainswalkers, oath into big creatures. Agro is the best Metadeck you can play but staxx can handle it.

reguards
jan

Nastaboi

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 26-06-2011, 09:19:06 PM
Of course you should play all ten duals. Makes no sense not to run as many duals with no drawback as possible since you have so many cards in each colour.

Quote from: Nastaboi on 21-06-2011, 07:57:43 PMOn the contrary, I'd play all ten fetchlands in five-color. While each dual gives you two colors you might or might not need, each fetch gives you the color you need most and most often the color you need second to it.

Anything from 7 to 10 fetch lands are good but playing all 10 is dangerous and I wouldn't advice it. There are enough pain in the deck already. 7 and 8 has proven to be perfect for me over many years.

A fetchland with some amount of dual lands in the deck gives you access to any color when needed. A dual land gives you access to two colors. To me it's very clear which one is better.

QuoteThese don't only exist to boost Tezzeret so once again do not listen to Nastaboi. He clearly knows nothing of what he's speaking. You should by all means keep Darksteel Citadel in the deck since it's one of the core lands. You should cut Ancient Den and Seat of the Synod because they do nothing but boost one of the Tezz's, which is not enough.

I was mostly referring to Seat and Den and should have grouped Citadel with colorless lands but forgot about it. I know pretty well that it synergizes with geddons while not wildfires. And you admit even yourself that Seat and Den have no other purpose and side with me with the argument.

Quoteso once again do not listen to Nastaboi. He clearly knows nothing of what he's speaking.
QuoteI hope you don't listen to the advices given by Nastaboi because he clearly didn't read your deck list as he also mentioned himself.

Could you please stay away from comments like these? I never stated I didn't read the list. I read it and while I disagree with many spell choices, I desided to only comment the mana base as that's where I disagreed the most. All my statements are up to argument-based criticism, but insulting me is not really a counter to my argument.

Tiggupiru

Fetchlands are always the best lands you can have. Think of them like City of Brasses that hit you only once. They also shuffle away the bad cards you saw with Top, Jace or Brainstorm (which you don't seem to have for some reason) and they make the Collective Restraint tick.

Nastaboi

I still don't see how you can make claims like me not reading the whole deck list or not having played similar decks as neither of these statements is not true. If I disagree on something, there might be other reasons than not being educated enough on the subject.

City of Traitors is good at accelerating but has its drawbacks. If I wanted to make room for more colored lands, I would be among those to consider being cut, as I would rank it worse than Wasteland, Workshop, Academy Ruins, Tectonic Edge, Dust Bowl, Rishadan Port and Ancient Tomb.

Citadel works with Burning of Xinye if you have less or equal to four lands, true. It is a nice land to have if you can afford that many colorless sources.

Crusader

hm, self-proclaimed staxx master strikes again. looks like kassow-rossing still only knows his opinion and is not able to discuss/understand other opinions in a proper way.
nice to see some things do not change.

LasH

Quote from: Nastaboi on 27-06-2011, 04:20:32 PM
Citadel works with Burning of Xinye if you have less or equal to four lands, true. It is a nice land to have if you can afford that many colorless sources.
Offtopic:

Wording: You destroy four lands you control, then target opponent destroys four lands he or she controls. Then Burning of Xinye deals 4 damage to each creature.

Why does it not work with 5 lands ingame. I cant target citadel when 5 lands are ingame?

Kassow-Rossing

And Lash you can't choose to destroy your Indestructible land if you can choose another land instead unfortunately. It works if you control only three other lands which is like half the times.