Main Menu

Poro Open 20 € tournament in Helsinki - results

Started by Nastaboi, 10-04-2011, 10:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastaboi

22 players participated in this high stakes tournament and so_not went undefeated with his new Esper Control. I went 3-3 with my juicy Grixis pile, losing to his Esper, Louhio's Goblins and Huovinen's Monored and winning GW, UWr Control and Reanimator. Results:

1. Väänänen, Aleksi 5-0-1 (Esper Control)
2. Louhio, Jaakko 5-1 (RB Goblins)
3. Castren, Sakari 4-2 (metagamed Jund)
4. Hyvärinen, Mikko 4-2 (UB Control)
5. Niemi, Joni 4-2 (Ur Fish)
6. Huovinen, Janne (Monored)
7. Niemi, Miikka (UBg Reanimator)

Metagame breakdown:

3 Bant
2 Esper Control
2 MonoR
2 UB control (1 w/ G splash)
1 Dark Bant
1 Goblins
1 GW aggro
1 Crixis Control
1 UG
1 Reanimator
1 UR aggro
1 Jund
1 Ur control
1 UGR Scapeshift
1 BUG goodstuff
1 UWR Control

I'll link to decklists when they come up.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Payron

great to see some other meta games :) ... I mean everybody says aggro is just dominating, but here we can see that also Control decks are still up on the top !

Nastaboi

Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Maggot

Thanks for the decklists, really interesting...

Still I don´t see how this single 22 Man tournament is going to prove that Aggro is not dominant.

Cheers
Maggot

LasH

Quote from: Maggot on 12-04-2011, 11:24:01 AM
Thanks for the decklists, really interesting...

Still I don´t see how this single 22 Man tournament is going to prove that Aggro is not dominant.

Cheers
Maggot

Futhermore the metagame breakdown shows, that the top aggro decks did not even participate (No Naya, no 5c Aggro, no WW). But nice to see a control deck winning in a control based metagame with Jund on place 3 :) Top8 looks much more healthy without the dominating aggro-decks.

Grats for winning and thx for the decklists :)

pyyhttu

Quote from: MaggotStill I don´t see how this single 22 Man tournament is going to prove that Aggro is not dominant.

It doesn't. Same goes for 89 player GP. What we really need is a tournament database where organizers or players could report the top-8/final standings from a longer time period, like morphling.de.

And this is only a personal hobby of mine, but every time someone on these boards claims that aggro is dominating, I grab some combo or control into my next tournament, just because. so_not seems to suffer from the same tendencies.