Main Menu

New Phyrexia SPOILER

Started by Tabris, 04-04-2011, 03:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LasH

Beast Within 2g
Instant (U)
Destroy target permanent. Its controller puts a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.

Insane. Bant 2.0 !

Torpor Orb
Artifact (R)
Creatures entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.

Nice if there wouldn't exist quasali pridemage & co :-)

Very strong edition, again no relevant cards in black (mb despise) or red :(

Tabris

If this card would have been spoiled alone I absolutly wouldnt believe its for real...I mean instant vindicate in green...oh what a nice jace/gideon/elspeth/sword XY/Tarmogoyf/Confidant/Bitterblossom/Karn!!!11!/etc. have you there. Take this end of turn!

Mythrandir

Quote from: Tabris on 20-04-2011, 03:12:18 PM
If this card would have been spoiled alone I absolutly wouldnt believe its for real...I mean instant vindicate in green...oh what a nice jace/gideon/elspeth/sword XY/Tarmogoyf/Confidant/Bitterblossom/Karn!!!11!/etc. have you there. Take this end of turn!

Indeed. Take note that it also kills lands! at instant speed, and you can use it on your own permanents, too. Very, very playable.

Batterskull 5
Artifact - Equipment (M)
Living weapon
Equipped creature gets +4/+4 and has vigilance and lifelink.
3: Return Batterskull to its owner's hand.
Equip 5

If the format was slower, this could have been a "awful" card to deal, specially in control mirrors...

Helle

Quote from: Mythrandir on 21-04-2011, 05:51:54 PM
Batterskull 5
Artifact - Equipment (M)
Living weapon
Equip 5

If the format was slower, this could have been a "awful" card to deal, specially in control mirrors...

I don't think the card is too slow. It's nearly a Baneslayer! I think it's definitly playable in some kind of white creature-hevy control.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Helle on 21-04-2011, 11:22:13 PM
Quote from: Mythrandir on 21-04-2011, 05:51:54 PM
Batterskull 5
Artifact - Equipment (M)
Living weapon
Equip 5

I don't think the card is too slow. It's nearly a Baneslayer! I think it's definitly playable in some kind of white creature-hevy control.

I didnt mean it was slow, i said in a slower format... I think it's definitely playable. I was just thinking of its potential to be a kind of morphling (in its golden age) if the meta was slower... :P

Yeap, i thought of BSA, too when i read this.