Main Menu

All those spam bots

Started by Nastaboi, 04-04-2011, 08:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastaboi

Is there anything that could be done?
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

derStefan82

Yes, updating to a newer version of the board-software and enhancing the way of registering. I have to spend some time there soon, but that's part of a bigger step of enhancing the hl boards.

Vazdru

Like Stefan said, there will be probably some major changes concerning our international forum during this year.

Which boards we need in the international forum, which ones can be cut?
Do you think there occur any problems by enlarge this forum e. g. (brainstorm) like this:

* International Board (English)
- Rules / Bannings
- News
- HLL Online League
- Tournaments / Reports
- Other HL realted stuff
- Council Affairs
* German Board (Deutsch)
- South (Mannheim, Würzburg, Karlsruhe...)
   - News
   - Tournaments
   - other HL related stuff
- North (Berlin, Hamburg...)
- East (Erfurt...)
- West (Essen...)
* Fin Board (Fin)?

Do you think a board for e. g. Fins, Denmark would be of any use?

Im interested in your point of views.

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Tiggupiru

Only one board where we put and discuss decklists, please. Other than that, I don't really care what you do.  :)

MarcMagic

I think we should combine the german and international board into one global Highlander board. Everything posted at the german board could be placed into a subforum of the international one.

One big board for ideas, decklists, reports, spoiler, highlander talk etc pp in english should be fine. The players who are using the german forum are able to write their stuff on english as well I guess. The german forum is anyways underused. And if anybody does not want to write in english he can mark his thread with an language tag or sth. I don't think there is much of a language barrier anymore today.

I'd like to see a forum like Vazdru said earlier but I'd focus to keep all HL-related stuff except tournaments and area/timemanagement (local playgroups etc) in the international part of the board. Just my opinion.

Mythrandir

Dividing in german and fin boards is a good idea IMO. We aren't a very big community, so i think its best not to disperse the players/members.

Vazdru

This board needs an update for sure  ::) In the last 1 1/2 months we got over 1k new board-members ... most of them spam-bots...and i get an e-mail for everyone who has joined the board  ??? ::)

Meanwhile we have more than 100k page views per month; mostly bots - which attracts new bots  ??? 

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Tabris

lulz recursive hell is waiting..

btw. I would appreciate a new structure maybe even a fancier design!