Main Menu

Highlander GP 8

Started by derStefan82, 13-12-2010, 02:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derStefan82

As it's only a few weeks until next year and the Germanmagic 2 tounament, I want to ask about next years Highlander GP.
I had a talk with Jens Kessel about 2 month ago to get this announced Highlander Event in Hanau (which is not a
GP size Event) and he asked me at that time if we are interested in having him as the TO for the next GP in 2011.
During the Germanmagic 2 I think there will be some talk about this and I want to ask if there is any decision yet
if we want to have a GP 8 2011 and where it should be located.
Jens told me that it would be possible for him to do it in the same timeframe he did it this year in Hanau but he
could do it in the "Ruhrgebiet" (I think somewhere around Iserlohn) as well.

Vazdru

I'm looking forward to have another GP next year or maybe two - one in the first half of the year (JK, May/Pentecoast) and in the last one (somewhere in Germany / Europe  ;)). In my opinion Hanau (good reachability, biggest GP ever with 142 players) and the area round Iserlohn (large fan base of HL) are both decent places for.

If a TO want to arrange a HL GP he must always respect following rules:

* contact a HL council member
* respect the mg.org rules entirely
* swiss rounds will be played with additional Top 8
* grant a location for at least 128 players
* grant prizes not less than overall ~ EUR 500 for Top 16

optional (desired):

* additional prizes for best female, best player under 18 years and most innovative deck

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Maggot

We are currently discussing if we can manage an event of GP-size in Berlin.
We have at least 25 active players in the city, but we are still afraid that nobody will show up from outside of Berlin, since we are not as centrally located as Hanau, but to be honest Berlin has alot more to offer than Hanau ;) ( I know what I´m speaking of I´m from the area...)

Who would be willing to come to Berlin to play a HL Grand Prix.
I think a two day event would be the most reasonable...

Please comment!

Greetings

Martin aka Maggot

Pennywise

MMD

At least 2-3 people from Bielefeld area would join if the timetable is appropriate
Feel free to browse through my MKM account:

http://www.magickartenmarkt.de/index.php?mainPage=showSellerChart&idInfoUser=13199

I also have a huge amount of chinese and japanese foil HL staples not listed yet,  which I would like to downgrade to english foil. Just let me know!

Maqi

If there was a poll my vote would clearly be in favor of Hanau. Many players from the southwest won't be able to travel this far.

Of course everything depends on the date. I'd like to see the next GP more in the middle of Germany.

Maggot

We don´t want to do this as a substitute for the GP in Hanau.