Main Menu

[LADDER TOURNAMENT 2010]Reports

Started by Vazdru, 10-12-2010, 12:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Pairings: (seed)

Quarterfinals:

a) Goblinpiledriver 2 (one) - Peeler 3 (eight)

b) Tabris 3 (four) - MErcator 2 (five)

c) Payron 2 (three) - Kavu24 3 (six)

d) Nastaboi 3 (two) - ~fenry~ 0 (seven)

Semifinals:

peeler 3 (eight) - Tabris 2 (four)
Nastaboi 3 (two) - Kavu24 0 (six)

Highlander:

Nastaboi 3 (two) - peeler 1 (eight)

[HLL]ladder rank at end of the year 2010

Goblinpiledriver (-1-)
Nastaboi (-3-)
Payron (-4-)
Tabris (-5)
MErcator (-7-)
Kavu24 (-10-)
~fenry~ (-15-)
peeler (-18-)

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Tabris

Tabris (RDW) 3 vs Mercator (RDW/Gobbos) 2

1st Game: I start with a Figure of Destiny and get copied by him. I´ll attack no blocks. He attack back and burn my Figure. I´ll do the same. This 1:1 trade is going some time until I got Ball Lightning, Hellspark Elemental and Violent Eruption which is to much damage for him since he got only a Country Side Crusher which is just 4/4.

2nd Game: I am terrible screwed but with 4 one drops I was able to get him to 4. He is simply overwhelming me still bc of Goblin lackey, Mogg War Marshal and some other burn. He was flooded but he got a Figure of Destiny which got pumped to a 8/8.

3rd Game: Now he is screwed and I´ve got enough pressure. Starting with Franzied Goblin Keldon Marauders, Breath of Darigaaz. I got some burn which finally finishs him off. Even Koth made a appereance (first time on mws :D) but was simply dealing 4 dmg and got burned away.

4th Game: I ´ve simply forgotten how this ends.

5th Game: I have a realy slow hand. Only a turn one Mofa again and a Breath of Darigaaz can save me from his beatdown. He is starting with a Goblin Patrol which choose to block my mofa. I was thinking he would not choose to block but yeah, I ll guess I would kill the patrol in his turn anyways so I shot the mofa to his head bc I´ve got the breath. He was chosing not to attack me bc I had Keldon Marauders, he played a Tattermunge Maniac and said go. I played Breath of Darigaaz which got both his guys + 1 dmg for him and 3 dmg from the marauders. Now my hand was stucked with fireblast, urzas rage and flame javelin. I got no beatdown but had him on 15. I burned him with a pulse of forge and the flame javelin killed on of his creatures. On his last turn I played a Ashenmoor Gouger and got a Franzied Goblin he attacked me with the m11 goblin king. I was on 5 LP and was thinking if I kill his goblin since he had two cards in hands I would go to 3. My franzied goblin was tapped and I had to use my fireblast. On the other side he was on 11 and within the next turn I could attack him for lethal (urzas rage + fireblast 4 mountains in play) he was tapped out so he could get me only with this one card. I choosed not to waste my fireblast.

Nothing happend, I attacked him, used my burn and he was dead.

gg´s~

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UWr Planeswalker Control vs. ~fenry~ Ubg Reanimator

3 - 0

I rolled 19 and suspected he was playing reanimator, so I kept a hand with Relic of Progenitus and not much else. I Leaked his 2nd turn looter and stole his Fauna Shaman with Sower of Temptation. He had a way around Relic, though: Show and Tell. He put down Inkwell Leviathan and I revealed... Humility! There's not much he could do. I fetched Ancestral Visions with Tolaria West to gain some advantage, he had Oath to retain creature parity. After some Oathing and trading 1/1's one against another I laid down Gideon Jura, which yielded immediate concession.

1-0

I kept Mana Leak and StP on the draw while ~fenry~ begun with undisrupted Demonic Tutor. He then played Duress which I Leaked and Trickster Mage which I sent farming, suspending then Ancestral once again. He had another discard outlet in form of Wild Mongrel, and Reanimate which lead to Woodfall Primus. Oblivion Ring was waiting on top of my library, and he was left with just Mongrel. Unfortunately, he Drained my Elspeth and summoned Grave Titan with the mana, and Divining Top to boot. It was time for another topdeck: Faith's Fetters.

Then Ancestral resolved giving me both Ajani for Mongrel (he had just one card) and EE for tokens. He was left with just lands and top while I had Condescend and Fact in hand. He played Wurmcoil Engine into my Condescend, and Fact gave me Tolaria West which transmuted yet into another counter. Venser, Orchard token and Ajani finished him off soon later.

2-0

I had a greedy keep: just Island and Waste as lands, but Ancestral, Leak, Negate and Clique as spells. I did drew land - and Top, which showed Force of Will on the top. ~fenry~ had 2nd turn and 3rd turn looters, and Bazaar as 4th land drop. Next turn, he tapped Bazaar for black (Urborg) and played Duress which got Negate. He followed with Stich Together which I Leaked. He had Spell Pierce for double backup, but I had activated Top and used Force.

I had now drawn enough lands to use my Waste to cut him off black. His next turn, I tried Vendilion Clique in response to second looter activation, but founded Mana Leak. Ancestral gave me Fact or Fiction, and next end step I got to choose from two removal spells or Gifts. I took the latter. I countered Recurring Nightmare and turned Gifts into two wraths. Then I drew Jace and begun fatesealing him after securing one more counter in my hand. He Intuitioned three reanimation spells and played one of them into my counter. Then I drew Glen Elendra Archmage and it was all over.

3-0
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Kavu24

Payron (UBWg Recoursion) vs Kavu24 (RGb Ramp)
He won the die roll.

G1:

Payron starts with an Aether Vial. I play only Lands. If the AEther Vial has 2 counters on it, he used it to put Stoneforge Mystic into play and searching for a Sword of Fire and Ice. In his main phase he plays a Hermit Druid and put at the end of my turn the Sword into play. In his turn he will equip the Stoneforge with the Sword but i have a Lightning Bolt and he has an Evasive Action (4). So i get a lot of damage and he draws a card. In my turn I play a Fierce Empath and search for a Primeval Titan an put Raging Ravine into play. Payron destroy this land with Vindicate and remove the Empath with Swords to Plowshares. Now i go to 9 life and he draws another card. In my turn I play Harmonize and destroy the Druid with Chain Lightning. But the clock is running and I go to 4 life. An evoked Mulldirfter draw two cards for Payron. I remove the Stoneforge Mystic with Consuming Vapors and get 4 life. In my next turn i play Scapeshift and make 18 damage. He was on 17 life thanks fetch.

0:1

G2:

Payron starts the second game with a Noble Hierach and a Looter il-Kor. I want destroy the Looter with Incinerate, but he has a Daze. The damage race has started, because i have played a Kitchen Finks and Wood Elves. But his Vendillion Clique and Prallax Wave give him the better options. Cause the Clique has removed the Scapeshift from my hand. My last chance was to transmute the Dimir House Guard for Scapeshift and play it, but he has a Mana Leak. He plays a Knight of Reliquary in his next turn and attack. Now i destroy the Wave with Maelsturm Pulse and the Clique with Chain Lightning. But a Gifts Ungiven at the end of my turn on Living Death, Sun Titan, Recuring Nightmare and Upheavel end the game, because Palinchron was in the grave.

1:1

G3:

Payron has a fast start with Exploration and Hermit Druid. My Lightning Bolt runs into a Force of Will. Now he has a Kitchen Finks and makes some pressure. I can destroy the Druid with Firespout and make the Finks smaller. His Jace Baleeren cut i
destroy with a Lightning Bolt. Now he has an Elspeth and makes a token. With the Vendillion Clique on my next draws step he has remove my Scapeshift and i lose to his mass of Creas and Elsepeth.

2:1

G4:

Payron has on his first turn an AEther Vial and i can Waste in my turn 2 him a land. So he is a long time screw on 3-4 lands. But the counters on AEther Vial grow and grow. I can check my draw with Sylvan Libary. With six lands i play Scapeshift and fail on my own skills. At this point i have only the Sylvan Libary and a Lotus Cobra. With the Cobra i can produce 6 mana and play Koth. Payron remove the Koth with Oblivin Ring, put Palinchron with AEther Vial into play and play a Pernicious Deed. In my turn he destroy with Deed my Cobra, the Libary and his AEther Vial (put Palinchron into play as response). Now he has a Palinchron, Vendillion Clique and Oblivion Ring in play. I am on 5 life and play my Deed for 3 an destroy the Ring and the Clique. He attacks me so I am on 1 life. In my next Turn i play Skyshroud Clain to search for a Taiga and Forest. With the Taiga i can make 3 damage (Valakut) to Palinchron and play a Crater Hellion to destroy the Palinchron. Now i have turned the game over and make some pressure and win the game.

2:2

G5:

Payron is screw in this game and i can destroy his AEther Vial with Putrefy but he can put a Stoneforge Mystic (Sword of Fire and Ice) into play. I can handle it with Flametounge Kavu. He draws a lot of cards but does not find any lands. My Bloodbraid Elve and Lotus Cobra make enough damage to destroy him.

2:3

Nastaboi

Can me and Kavu24 do semis as soon as we find time?

Vazdru

Far below the earth

peeler

Goblinpiledriver (5c Zoo) 2 vs Peeler (5c Goodstuff) 3

Rounde 1 (goblin plays)
he started with Llanowar elves into aven mimeomancer, which both got killed with arc trail. His next play was SoFaI and Llanowar elvs for me. He plays Mother and equipps he play Swords to Plowshares and a werebear. I also wasted his tropical beacuse at this point i thought he was goodstuff too. his only play was treetop vilalge, i responded with knight of the relinquary (5/5). He trys to hardcast shreikmaw but i have miscalculation. I play and sac STE to get treshhold and swing for 9 he reattaked with euqipped Treetop village. I attacked back and played wickerbough elder to destroy the sword. Goblin draws and scoops.
0:1

Rounde 2 (Goblin starts)
The first play is watchwolf on turn 2 i got a tarmo (1/2). he atks and plays rhox war monk i o-ring it. he atks again and plays the minomencer again. i make a mistake because i dont play the path to exile in my turn because i thought minomancer counters do nothing without minomancer... i got some beats and get slowed by tangle wire after a trygon predetor for him i tutored boneshredder with tainted pact killing his trygon. he got serendib efreet i play bribary for shreikmaw killing his serendib.but i have to take 3 again from the watchwolf (which i could block all day long with my tarmo if i weared so stupid)and get the bolt for the last 3.

Ronde 3 (I start)
He first try aether vail in turn 2 which gets the miscalculation. After that llanowar elves for me, watch wolf for him, obstainte baloth for me. He maelstrom pulsed my baloth and hits me for 3. I play maze and hit him for 1 with the elf.jessian infiltrato is his next play i bribed his kitchen finks which get handeld by his o-ring.My maze gets estroyed by vindicate-> more beats for me i play a qasali pridemage he does the same, more beats his pridmage frees the kitchen finks unfortunaly on his side. but i kill his infiltrator with path.boneshrededer kills watch wolf, he playd demonic tutor (not sure for which card, i think shreikmaw.shirekmaw kills my pridemage. I tutored fiery justice to kill his shreikmaw, get the finks to 2/1 and a llanowar elf. my elfes get magam jet allowing him to swing fo 2 with the finks and scry what is not bad in this topdeck situation. I drained his mineomencer but "only" getting a 6/7 tarmo out of the extra mana. he atks with finks i block an tribal flames kill my tarmo but it was 2 for 1 and 5 dmg to my head less... rhox war monk for him chumped by my fynhorn elves. i want to "kill" his monk with skinrender but he plays swords on his own to get 3 life and kill my skinrender as well. No i got the topdeck skill and slam meloku with karakas back up. i follow up with elspeth so i can stall his garruk token mother and SoLaS all day long. trygon predator gets burst lightning. I returned mana drain with witness to get safe an so i won this one.
1:2

Rounde 4 (goblin starts)
his turn 1 noble hierach gets the burst lightning. then he plays dark confidant i play maze, he reveals land and plays knight of the reliquary. he gets 3 for kitchen finks. he BB elfs into aven mimeomacner activates his knight to waste my maze and hits me for 5, i have to vindicate his knight (6/6) already, he reveals shriekmaw and hit me hard... no chance.

Rounde 5 (i Start)
i start with llanowar elves he plays wild nacatel, i get the finks and he tidehollow sculler showing him mana leak, €ng€l and Meloku he takes the leak. My problem is the missing 2nd white so i first play wickerbough elder which he o-ringed. then he slows me with tangle wire again. and taps my finks with pestermite so he can atk with his nacatle and the sculler. i play STE to get the angle next turn but he wasted my scrubland. he play more man and i free my elder with an own o-ring which kills his tanglewire to be the biggest guy in town. now i can play my baneslayer, who starts to lower his and higher my lifetotal. ajani vengent for me so more life and so he cant win this even so he gets ranger of eos for more guys but no solution to baneslayer...
2:3

GGs

Vazdru

Pairings: (seed)

Quarterfinals:

Semifinals:

peeler (eight) - Tabris (four)
Nastaboi (two) - Kavu24 (six)

Far below the earth

peeler

peeler (5c Goodstuff) 3 vs Tabris (RDW) 2

Game1 (peeler starts)
On his first turn he burns me for 3, i play werebear trun 2. He has cursed scroll. I atk with were bear. he plays and takks with boggart ram gang. i play maze and FTK to kill the gang. He has molten rain for my maze. I atk with FTK and play wickerbough elder (with G open). He plays blistering fire cat, i destroy his cursed scroll and chump block with my elder. I play animate dead on his cat and atk for 11 to give him less options to find enough burn for my 9 life. he plays keldon champion but have to keep him home for blocking. FTk trads with cahmpion, lightning helix do the last 3 damge to him.
1:0

Game 2 (tabris starts)
Fitst turn goblin guide for him, senseis diving top for me. turn 2 we both do nothing, his turn 3 ram gang gets path to exile. he plays dragonlord and i finaly fpound a forest for my rhox war monk which gets killed by magama jet and fire ambush. i vindicate his dragonlord and his kuldotha phoenix gets Swords to plowshares. Sun Titan gets rhox war monk back, which gets killed by breath of darigaaz (im at 2) in my turn i get my monk with the titan back an play witness for StoP for savety, but he has duoble burn spell so im dead...

Game 3 (peeler starts)
I have to mulligan to 6 bur after that i can spoil so its okay, i do nothing turn 1 he has frenzeid goblin, turn 2 wall of roots he atks for 1. i play kitchen finks to get back to 20. he plays morph (cat) which i vindicate. i atk with the finks, he plays keldon champion. i Bloodbraid eld into StoP which kill his goblin. he pays echo and leaves the cahmpion for blocking i atk "trading" finks against the camp. His elemetel apeal token gets chumped by my wall and he hammers my bloodbraid elf. i play wickerbough elder he skizzik with kicker. i drew nothing he hells thunder, again land for me, hells thunder atk, pulse of the forge i go down to 6. i play devoted druide trading this and wickerbough elder against skizzik. Arc-slogger for his win...
1:2

Game 4 (peeler stats)
i get a 1 land maze hand with acceleration (if i drew land) and spell snare.
he first suspenden rift bolt for 3 dmg to my head. luckly i found the land in my first draw to play werebear. he plays stagger shock to my bear and the 2nd to me. But he hsasnt more plays so i could play turn 4 rhox war monk which gets killed by searingblaze and volcanic fallout (+5dmg to me). I play tarmogoyf (4/5) and he the moltentail amsticore. at this point he only drew 1 more creature so i could win this with tarmo and ajani vengent over a while...

Game 5 (tabris starts)
he had no 1 drop i had the BoP. Kargon Dragonlord for him i got Wall of Roots. He levels his Lord i play jaceII and fateseal him, he has the ramgang but atks me with his guys. i brainstrom and kill his guys with fiery justice and play tarmogofy.
He do nothing on his turn, but burnd my eot with urzas rage he tried also to kill my kitchen finks with demonfire which i drained to play demonic tutor for venser planeswalker who after that ervery turn blink my Finks. I also had mutilple counters on hand so this was after that an easy win...
3:2

GGs

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UWr Planeswalker Control vs. Kavu24 GRB Ramp

3 - 0

I won the roll and saved a counter for his Cultivate. Next turn he tapped out for Spellbreaker Behemoth, but I responded with both Treachery and Baneslayer following turn, floating extra mana from Izzer Boilerworks so that I was able to waste his red source in progress. Kavu24 had Consuming Vapors, but I stole his Wall of Blossoms to protect my angel. The rest was rather anticlimatic as he drew only lands and I drew only removal while Baneslayer finished him off.

Kavu24 spoiled away three cards and kept one-lander with Sylvan Library and a couple of two-mana accelerants. I begun with Top and as he missed his next two land drops I slammed down Ajani Vengeant to further punish him. He managed to draw basic mountain and drop Sylvan while I took Rampant Growth with Clique. He drew another basic land (I had both Dust Bowl and Waste) and Overgrown Battlement as I added pressure with another planeswalker, Gideon. He was forced to fetch nonbasic to shrink Ajani with a bolt and tap Battlement to cast Fierce Empath. I killed Ajani and added Court Hussar to my army. I made a mistake and hastily used Ajani before combat. He didn't block and went to 3, leaving him a narrow out if he drew Natural Order, though I killed Sylvan, too. He just cracked a fetchland and conceeded.

Game three was more of a fight. He lead with Treetop, I with just a Top. His first move was Magma Jet to dome at the end of third turn, and after that, Spellbreaker Behemoth. I had wrath but chose to wait for more value, and just wasted Treetop and took one hit. I responded with Ajani locking the beast down, but Kavu24 had kicked Burst Lightning that ended planeswalker's loyalty. I decided to wait one more turn as I drew Cryptic Command, which I used to counter his Top. I was at five and had to wrath. Kavu24 was at five lands and passed, but played Crop Rotation in response to my Clique, getting Volrath's. He was holding Natural Order, Crater Hellion and Wurmcoil, latter of which I took. I played face-down Exalted, he used Stronghold and played Spellbreaker - and Clique gave him Raging Ravine. I flipped over the angel and considered my options. Life totals would be 8-9 in my favour after my next attack, I was holding Drain and Plumeveil, and I knew there was Mulldrifter on top of my library. I decided to hardcast drifter as that would force him to cast Hellion, and hopefully give me more options. I drew Celestial Colonnade from drifter, and he couldn't stop 8 damage on air next turn.

Vazdru

Quarterfinals:

Semifinals:

Highlander:

Nastaboi (two) - peeler (eight)

Far below the earth

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UWr Planeswalker Control vs. Peeler 5c Goodstuff

2 - 1 so far (to be continued)

We lost log on first two games so I'll try to recall what happened. Peeler may correct/complete.

G1: I won the roll and started with Top. Peeler got Devoted Druid and played something (Finks in think) into my counter, then slipped G.E.Archmage. I had a removal suite in my hand, and when he laid down Baneslayer with just U untapped, I Stopped it EOT and untapped for Humility. I waited for counter backup until I played Gideon, and used Drain to save him from Fiery Justice. When I finally got Gideon into attacking mode, he Pathed it. I just played big Jace and gained total control until he scooped it up.

G2: He stated with Hierarch, Pridemage which I choose not to counter. I drew Moat and snarled a little, but then he tried Jace TMS and I congratulated myself for saving a counter. I topdecked Firespout and locked the grounds with Moat. I started ramping up Venser, the PW, and used my spells to protect him. I let him reanimate Pridemage and just traded with all his creatures. He conceeded when I was about to get an emblem.

G3: His 1st spell was BB elf which missed and finally met Counterspell. I played big Jace and other threats which he had answers, but I was up several cards as game crashed. I had log saved on the following game and I'll write about it later.

Nastaboi

G3: I went straight to six and kept double karoo on draw. He got Top this time, and Werebear along with Finks. I fetched my own Top with Trinket Mage and used it to shrink his Finks while he tapped five mana for... Mulldrifter. I had hoped for something bigger as I was holding Sower, but took it anyway. I traded 'drifter to Finks only to see Volrath's from his side. Mulldrifter came in again, and I tried Venser, the Sojourner to blink Sower only to find out he has managed to dig Force. I put an end to his recursion with Tectonic Edge and reseted board, and Gifted EOT as he had no play. So I won, right?

I fetched Elspeth, Ajani, Fact and old Jace and got to keep blue cards. I played Jace, but Peeler used Arc Trail to take it down, and as I had no counter, tapped Top and resolved Gideon. Fact showed me Negate and four blanks. I countered his Top and Condemned Gideon and even had Shackles for anything - and he drew Ajani. My Top showed empty while he ramped his Ajani to seven, and when I finally got Baneslayer he suicide-ultimated it leaving me just talisman and two plains in hand. He had BSA of his own which I Pathed and Oblivion Ring for mine. And then Elspeth. I was lacking blue mana with three blue cards waiting on the top, and as it was getting late I conseeded and settled on finishing the match another day.

G4: I kept Halimar Depths, three other lands, Venser the Sojourner and some removal on play. I accelerated with signet, Peeler with Werebear. He missed 3rd land drop and I got greedy and played Venser into his Mana Leak. He used Demonic to find land and I Stopped his Werebear, but he kept drawing more lands after that. I was holding several counters and Court Hussar was slowly eating his life total along with his City. Peeler got Volrath's and I drew just mana two more turns, and decided to Venser-bounce my Depths back his EOT. He player his own Venser with the spell on stack, and I simply replayed it killing both and returning Depths.

But then I drew Preordain, which gave me Top. Then Depths showed me Tidings and Jace, and I was able to play Tidings and then Top again with one mana open and Force in hand. When Peeler tried Elspeth, I even found another blue card on top and save Jace. My next turn was brutal: Jace, brainstorm, fetch, Ajani, lock his Stronghold, Top with mana up. He struggled to keep up: Sun Titan into Animate Dead into Venser, bouncing Jace. Unfortunately, I had saved Oblivion Ring in case he had anything. He still managed to resolve Wargate for 2 through my Leak leaving Spell Snare mana up, but had nothing better than just Top. That just meant I had to use Jace's brainstorm instead of Fateseal, and put more pressure with Baneslayer then Mulldrifter.

Gideon bought him a turn and Stronghold's untap, but he just used Skinrender to shrink my BSA. I Firespouted the ground and hit him down to eight. He used Volrath's to Wickerbough Elder, killed my Ring getting Titan, then Animate Dead and finally Skinrender. I attacked with 'drifter, bounced it with Jace, played one-sided Hallowed Burial, replayed 'drifter and Ajani'd him to 1. There was nothing he could draw despite frantic topping.

Final score: Nastaboi 3 - Peeler 1

Thanks for the GG:s!

Vazdru

Quarterfinals:

Semifinals:

Highlander:

Nastaboi 3 (two) - peeler 1 (eight)

Congratz Juha - 9:1 games is impressive, you've almost swept the Top 8!
Furthermore you are back-to-back Online Champion and probably leader of our [HLL]Ladder at the moment :o Good to have such a capacity in our HL council  ;)

But bad news for me  ;D the parcel is going again by oversea traffic...or do you or a friend are going to visit GP maybe?  ;)

I looking forward to your Blog and decklist Nastaboi.

@ Peeler

Congratz Martin! Seeded on 8 you managed to kick out Goblinpiledriver + Tabris out of the tourney before you've found your master.

Is it ok if i give ya the boosters in Hanau in 7 weeks?
Far below the earth

Nastaboi

Quote from: Vazdru on 10-02-2011, 08:39:58 PM
But bad news for me  ;D the parcel is going again by oversea traffic...or do you or a friend are going to visit GP maybe?  ;)

I looking forward to your Blog and decklist Nastaboi.

Thank you. I don't think anyone from here is going to show up on GP. But if you haven't aquired the packs yet, I'd prefer online packs/tix if it is suitable. At least they don't cost anything to transfer!

I have blueprints on long and detailed article about the deck in my head, but you'll have to wait over a week - school winter holidays start here after a week, and I should have time by then.