Main Menu

Pforzheim -- Highlander Tournament

Started by GoblinPiledriver, 25-11-2010, 01:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinPiledriver

On the TNM in Karlsruhe I was invited to a Highlander Tournament in Pforzheim.
11 Players were there so it was quite huge.

The entry fee was given out completly in prizes.
4-3-2-1-1   Boosters for the first 5 Players.

Here a small report from the event:

1.Match :BW-Controll-Staxx
1.Game: Me(Keycards):Bitterblosom,Ligthning Bolt,Lightning Helix  ;
              Opponent(Kc): Wrath of God,Damnation, Worn Powerstone,Martial Cuop,Sign in Blood.
2.Game:Me(Keycards): Bitterblosom Sword of Fire and Ice ;
               Opponent(Kc):Abyssal Persecutor, Sculpting Steel(Sword and Fire and Ice).
3.Game:  Me(Keycards):Steward of Valeron,Bitterblossom,Winter Orb,Aven Mindcensor ;
                Opponent(Kc): Darksteel Ingot,Poluted Delta.
2:1

2.Match: 5CC
1.Game: My opponent was quite screwed but managed to play Land after Land(no joke). Meanwhile I could play creatures and kill him.
2.Game: My Doran, the Siege Tower was countered on Turn2 with Daze(optional Manacost). The Turn he needed to play the Island again was enough to kill him before his Mass Removal could stop my assault.
2:0

3.Match: UW-Controll
1.Game: After the Day of Judgemnt I could play enough creatures for the win.
2.Game  My opponet droped Back to Basic. I draw Plains and  Mounatin and played Vindicate on Back to Basic. Many Turns after this my flyers could bring this game home.

4.Match: Bant-Midrange
1.Game: Me(Keycards): Aether Vial, Magma Jet, Matca Rioter, Rafiq of the Many, Sedraxis Specter ;
                Opponent(Kc): Ancestral Vision, Qasali Pridemage,Elspeth, Sword of Fire and Ice, Looter il-Kor
2.Game Me(Keycards): Ajani Vengeant(killed Birds of Paradise),,Bitterblossom, Bloodbraid Elf(cascaded into Serendib Efreet);
              My Opponent had only four Lands and whithout Bird and and a tapped land from Ajani he couldn't play much spells.

Metagame:
1 MonoBlack Controll
1 BW-Orzhov-Staxx
1 5C-Alara-aggro
1 RDW
2 5CC
2 UW-Controll (one UW-Planeswalker-Staxx)      
1 Naya-Midrange
1 Bant-Midrange  
1 Thoule Highlander            

=> 2 Aggro           18%
      3 Midrange     27%
      6 Controll        55%

The Next Highlander Tournament in Pforzheim will take Place on 4th.December 11:00 at:

Schreibwaren Scherer
Westliche Karl-Friedrich-Straße 257
75172 Pforzheim
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.