Main Menu

[LADDER TOURNAMENT 2009]Reports

Started by Vazdru, 13-01-2010, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Congratz Nastaboi!

Like the first German Open Winner, the first foreign council member also the first HL Online Champion comes from Finland. Well done!

I'll send you 3 fetchlands (verdant catacomb, arid mesa, marsh flats?!) and 12 Booster (Zendikar and RoE if you like) asap.

Goblinpiledriver gets 8 Booster for second place next time i see him.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

GoblinPiledriver

I think I write what I think about the matches, not as a counter statement but as a completion:

In the first two games my offensive got stuck due to counters and bounce and at some point Nastaboi played High Tide and other Combo parts and it was over.

In the third and forth game my offensive was much better and so it wasn't high disturbed by counters and bounce. So i could force him to go much earlier into combo which wasn't succesful.

The final fifth game I had a good hand before spoiling: Temple Garden,City of Brass, Wild Nacatal, Putrid Leach. In the remaining cards after spoiling I had Lands but no Fetchlands for Mountain for the full effieciency for Wild Nactal. I lost the Leach to a counter and the other guys weren't so quick and efficient as the Leach so I lost too much time and gave Nastaboi the opportunity to go off like ususal(very early).

The games were really close, I just had a little unluck.

Congratulaion from my side to the new Hl Online Champion.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.