Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season X

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2010, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeKo

derStefan (RWB Staxx) vs TeKo (UWb)
0 - 2

G1: Long game we both have some manastones but after a Burning of... I can recover faster and win with Thopter Combo after about 30min.

G2: I got a lucky draw into Thopter Combo and start creating Tokens after Turn 5. And win some Turns later.

r4nd0m1z3r

Goblins (me) 2:1 G/B Recursion (nmlss)

G1 he has Braids with Volraths Stronghold and Wall of Blossom/Spieke Feeder, but cant come up with much offense.I assemble Mirri's Guile and Dark Confidant and he doesnt have an answer (I played Thoughtseize on his Pulse). I draw a ton of cards and develop my board with Braids still in play. When I play Kiki Jiki, he attacks with his Birds and tries Ink Eyes, but I have Gempalm Incinerator. 1:0

G2 he has a quick Hypnotic Specter and starts eating my hand, but my Fauna Shaman gets me Magus of the Moon to lock him down. We start racing before he finds a Forest a few turns later and stops me somehow. I topdeck my 4th land and play my last card in hand: Goblin Recruiter! I think Im in good shape, but he topdecks Sword of Fire and Ice and Im cold. 1:1

G3 I start with Lackey into Sharpshooter and Bitterblossom, while he has Darkheart Sliver, Sylvan Ranger, Wickerbough Elder, Mesmeric Fiend and Unearth. I play Pattern of Rebirth on my Faerie Token and shoot it, getting Kiki Jiki. He fights back with Troll Ascetic, Garruk and Bone Shredder, but I have a Top and find Goblin Recruiter for Siege Gang. 2:1

ggs

r4nd0m1z3r

Goblins (me) vs Stax (derStefan) 2:0

G1 I start with Figure of Destiny and he answeres with Maze of Ith. I follow it up with Fauna Shaman, but he has Pithing Needle! However, I have Goblin Recruiter and Food Chain, so I win as he taps out for a Signet. 1:0

G2 I think he mulls to 6, as my Inquisition of Kozilek sees The Abyss, Thran Dynamo and lands. I have a Nullmage Shepherd and try to set it up with Goblin Guide and a manaelf, but he reveals Crystal Vein, as I attack, and locks me down. I draw nothing but creatures for a few turns while he has Expedition Map for Workshop and Thran Dynamo and then a Top and a threatening Dustbowl. I topdeck Mirri's Guile and have a Sylvan Library on top, as he Martial Coups for 5 token. I play Warchief and Sharpshooter to kill his army, before I play Sylvan Library and draw some extra cards. Eventually, I find Demonic Tutor and Living Death, going from 10 to 6 life. I tutor, but I get the wrong card (Sword of Light and Shadow), because I forget his Maze of Ith. (With Goblin Recruiter I was afraid of an Armageddon Effect)

I finally can get the Nullmage Shepherd Im still holding on the board and active. I cant kill his Abyss right away though, because he plays Tainted Pact for Banefire (flips his Top, but doesnt hit a land for the 7th mana and the win) and I need to destroy his Thran Dynamo. Instead, he plays Engineered Explosives and kills 3 of my 4 creatures. His Abyss clears my board, but I have the Living Death ready anyways. Nullmage destroys his Talisman, and I win with Sword of Light and Shadow and Rishadan Port. 2:0

ggs

Tabris

Tabris RDW 2 : GeorgB BW Discard 0

1st Game: I got a aggressive start with goblin guide some burn and two times reckless charge. On the top I´ve wasted his one white source round 2 so he was never able to get enough mana.

2nd Game: Hes flooded like hell and I´ve got even a Flames of the blood Hand for his lifegain. With 5 lands on the hand he conceded to me.

ggs.

r4nd0m1z3r

Goblins vs GBW Rock (seveneyes) 2:1

G1 I start with Bayou, Ostrasize for Exalted Angel (BSA, Duress, Forest, Temple Garden, Treetop Village, Eladamri's Call), Mox Diamond and Mirri's Guile. Goblin Chieftain and Garruk follow up and start to threaten him. He plays Treetop, Rampant Growth, Yavimaya Elder, Temple Garden and Baneslayer Angel, but I have a Sylvan Tutor and search up a hasty Stingscourger to bring him to 3. He plays Martial Coup for 4 and I find a Diabolic Intent for Sharpshooter. 1:0

G2 he plays Demonic Tutor and Cultivate and I have Llanowar Elves and a Frenzied Goblin equiped with Paradise Mantle and my own Demonic Tutor. With 3 Lands on the table, I decide to search up and play Goblin Recruiter, because I didnt put him on an Armageddon-effect and I am holdung a Living Death for backup (along with a Goblin Chieftain). Instead, he plays Day of Judgement and I draw Goblin Ringleader. I play the Chieftain and attack, as he plays a Garruk and Vindicate on my Goblin. Over the next 2 turns I draw Skirk Prospector and Mogg War Marshall and lose to Angel of Despair and Primeval Titan for Wasteland and Dustbowl with untap from Garruk. 1:1

G3 he StoPs my BoP, and I play Sylvan Library. He has turn 3 Nature's Lore, but I have Rishadan Port and then Goblin Charbelcher and Sylvan Tutor for Goblin Recruiter to put him on a 1 turn clock. Obstinate Baloth doesnt help enough and I win 2:1

ggs

r4nd0m1z3r

Goblins vs B/W (Georg B) 2:1

G1 I start with Inquisition of Kozilek and see a hand of Baneslayer Angel, Diabolic Edict, Augur of Skulls, Scrubland, Descendant of Kiyomaro, Vampire Nighthawk and Verdant Catacombs, taking the Augur. I follow this up with Boreal Druid and Figure of Destiny, and try to screw him with Magus of the Moon. He plays Edict (Boreal Druid) and trades Oona's Prowler for Karplusan Forest, while being attacked by Magus and Figure. Unfortunately, he draws his second Plains, and plays first Descendant, then Urborg and BSA and Knight of the Meadowgrain, and puts our lifetotal at 08 and 24, before I can grow my Figure to 8/8. However, he topdecks a Shriekmaw and I dont draw Living Death. 0:1

G2 I have Piledriver and Matron (Gempalm Incinerator), while he plays and uses Sensei's Top. Mortify takes out my 3/2, but I have other plans anyways, as I play Goblin Charbelcher and pass the turn with Goblin Recruiter in hand. During his upkeep, he spins his Top and comes up with Disenchant (<Georg B> 3. karte von oben eines meiner wenigen outs) ;D. Additionally, he has a Wasteland to destroy my Volrath's Stronghold. I topdeck Wooded Foothills and play Goblin Recruiter, followed by Food Chain and we are off to G3. 1:1

G2 Here, he has Nezumi Shortfang, Tithe, Shrieking Grotesque and Transcendent Master, while I have a Tainted Pact to find a 3rd land and then Mogg Raider and Gempalm Incinerator for his rat. He immediately grows his Master to 6/6, but I can use Mogg War Marshall to block it and Mogg Raider to prevent the lifegain. A few turns later, I use Worldly Tutor to find Goblin Recruiter and play it. From there, I try Ringleader and Kiki Jiki, but he has Shriekmaw (Mogg Raider) and Im already at 7 life from his Groteque. I got to 6 the following Turn (Barbarian Ring) as I play Kiki Jiki, but he has Oblivion Ring to take it down, attacking me down to 1. On my turn, however, I can kill his flyer with Boggart Birth Rite for the Incinerator and sac my Ring to burn his Shriekmaw. So, he is down to a full leveled Master and plays Tidehollow Sculler (Warchief) and Basilisk Collar, but I have Tin Street Hooligan and over the next 2 turns, I use Skirk Prospector, Warchief, Stingscourger, Piledriver and Sharpshooter, and finally Chieftain, to reduce his 36 life to 0. 2:1

ggs

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5cc VS peeler Bantish with r (i guess...)

2-0

Game 1 - he starts, and starts fast, land, elf, next turn SOFI but luckily i had maze which disabled his sword attacks. He beat me down to 8 with the help of elspeth (got vindicated later) and UW manland which got needle. After that a gifts for mass removal balanced the game in my favour. he played goyf and werebear i played EE, after that i got the upperhand (he was also low on life) but he had spikeweaver and i had trinket mage + doran + trygon predator. And teh game stalled a bit until i transmuted shred memory -> mana drain for the demonfire.

Game 2 - he starts with bop, next turn muldifter (evoked) next turn: looter il kor + goyf which got mana drained. in my turn i played ajani vengeant and a couple of turns later garruk. played necromany on his drifter and then was able to control the game until ajani with geddon on him. He was able to kill ajani with a illusion token with a +1/+1 from spike weaver (nicely play) but i regrowth ajani and played it again and it was gg.

Nice plays, nice games. cya

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (WGB Rock) 2:0 Mythrandir (5cc)

Game 1:

First relevant play is third turn tutored Oracle Of Mul Daya for me, which fetches a Wasteland from the library immediately. He kills it, but next turn Crucible Of Words brings back the wasteland. He has Jund Charm to ged rid of it the next time it hits the grave. The card advantage from Crucible wins me the game though, with Grave Titan, Gideon, Witness -> Grave Titan, Hierarch and other stuff hitting the board until he is running out of answers.

Game 2:

He has Garruk third turn and together with Tarmogoyf he puts me under pressure. My Dust Bowl gets copied by Vesuva, which also kills his origin with the help of Garruk. My Ob Nixilis grows to 9/9 the next turn after i play it and is joined by Loxodon Hierarch. He clears the board with Damnation and produces a new token. I swap tokens with Martial Coup. He has Jace The Mind Sculptor, who joines Garruk next turn and tries to keep me away from topdecks. It doesnt work out, cause i find Demonic Tutor -> Vindicate and an attack kill both his planeswalkers. He has another one, Ajani Vengeat, but this one also dies after some attacks with token and an Obstinate Baloth. After that he only draws lands and i can finish the game.

GG's

peeler

vazdru (WW) 0 vs peeler (UGrRamp) 2

First game he got not enough gas to rush me

Second game i could firespout for 3 critters and with my guys handle his 2 planeswalkers so he runned out of gas also

Vazdru

Mythrandir (5C-Control) vs Vazdru (UW-Control)

1st: His first action was hide/SEEK my Back to Basics which was just on top of my library. I've had a mana stone when Trygon Predator enters the battlefield on his side. My Man-o'-War bounced it once, next time Predator appeared i've had Bribery for Flametongue Kavu to get rid off it again. Loxodon Hierarch was no threat thanks to Faith's Fetters. His Garruk need some tokens for defense when i've had Cyrstal Shards + Man-o'-War + $$-Slayer a few turns later. Mythrandir got much lands I've had the buisness.

2nd: This time i was a bit flooded and had no answers for Sensei's, Doran, Jace II in time.

3rd: He had Seek for Back to Basics again. I've had Skyfisher T2 and T3 Condescend countering Intuition. Next turn Trygon Predator come under my control with Control Magic. So i was able to put him down already to LP 11. He had Mystiacal Teachings for Krosan Grip. Although I've had Venser + Mana Drain i decided to bounce Predator in my next mainphase to deal some more damage. I used Mana Drain for Glen Elendra, as he tried to protect her with Dromar's Charm i've had Mana Leak ready. He had next turn Knight of the Reliquary + Maze but Flametongue Kavu got countered. Next turn i've played Shakles for the win.

1:2
Thx for the ggs!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

~Fenry~

Payron (5c GoodStuff) vs. Fenry (Reanimator) [0:2]

1. Game:
He was screwed and didn't find a second land, even with Sensei Divining Top. After a few rounds he conceded

2. Game:
I reanimated a Sundering Titan and destroyed all of his mana. He conceded.

coldcrow

coldcrow (Ubw-combo) 2 : 0 Payron (Rb-Goblins)

Game 1: I keep a hand containing Counterspell, DT and Gifts. Payron starts off with a Bitterblossom and Moon which I counter. I draw Voltaic key and DT for Gilded Lotus to have a powerful gifts ready, yet Paron plays a Winter Orb. Faerie tokens beat me down until I get Dynamo, Gilded Lotus and Tezzeret on the field. I gifts for thopter combo,argivian find and transmute artifact. Payron gives me find and transmute and I am able to untap facing lethal of tokens. I play find on the foundry and proceed to generate 8 tokens, pulling the game around.

Game 2: I am quite thrilled to fan a hand open with Leyline of the Void, shred memory and mana stones. A hymn fails to nab the shred memory which gets DT. I draw expedition map like a champ and tutor workshop in payron's turn 3. turn 4 DT for helm of obedience, play it with shop and activation is good game.

Demonic tutor for the win!

TeKo

Fenry (Reanimator) vs TeKo (MUC)
0 - 2
G1: Mirror with "Timewalk" wins on about Turn 6-7.
he draw no Reanimation Spell.

G2: Bribery on Iona(Black) on Turn 3-4(Mana Drain) before he could draw Reanimation Spells.

thx for the games.

Tabris

Tabris (RDW) 2  vs  Payron (BR Goblins) 0

1st Game: The first three turns are not very spectacular he got a mogg war marshal and I´ve got some burn. Turn 4 is a Boggart Gang coming
and I am going to 13. On my turn 4 I played a flametongue Kavu which gets burned away. Since I am on a low life total and draw just lands, I am going to
play an earthquake for 1. He got a sharpshooter and attacks me for 3. I ve got Pulse of the forge which is dealing 8 dmg in total. I´ve got only one turn till I day he´s on 4. I top deck a price of progress which deals exactly 4 dmg to him.

2nd Game: I start with a mofa and he got dragon fodder. After that he got some other goblin which gets fork bold´ed. I´ll attack again. He plays a mad aunti which is also no match for my burn. Some turns later I play a skizzik with kicker and bring him to 10. He got his 4th land which enables his goblin lord. Hes attacking me for 6. I cast elemental appeal with 5 lands in play, holding fireblast, flames of the blood hand and firebolt.

GG´s

r4nd0m1z3r

4C Zoo vs U/W/g Oath (Fenry) 2:1

G1 we both have a slow start. I begin with Mirri's Guile, Stoneforge Mystic (Force Spike), Raging Ravine and Ajani Goldmane. I finally find some business in the form of Lotus Cobra and Goblin Bushwhacker and attack him down to 13. In the meantime, he has a Top and taps out for Oath of Druids, so my manland joins the attack and suddenly he is at 1 life, conceding the game after he Oaths into Sun Titan (O-Ring). 1:0

G2 I mull to 6 before I spoil 4 cards, but cant get a good hand (BoP, Sacred Foundry, Mirri's Guile, Bob, Ajani Goldmane and Watchwolf). I decide to gamble and keep this, and I soon find a fetchland and play Bob (StoP), Vindicate on his Knight otR (Mana Drain), Ajani and some creatures, but he suddenly has The Tabernacle and Maze of Ith. I can come up with Wasteland, but he uses his Knight fetch Petrified Field. We both have O-Rings for his Knight and my Ajani, as he starts attacking me with Celestial Colonnade. I can resolve a Fauna Shaman, but first my Stonecloaker gets Dazed and my BSA dies to Day of J. In the end, I cant stop his Colonnade and we are off to G3. 1:1

G3 I go Scute Mob and Dark Confidant as he plays EE for 1 and Oath. Bob reveals Sylvan Library and allows me to topdeck a 3rd land to play and activate my Qasali Pridemage. He removes my Bob with O-Ring and I follow up with Burning Tree Shaman (BTS), Rancor and Sylvan Library, Steppe Lynx and Mishra's Factory, while he misses his 4th landdrop and plays Merchant Scroll for Bant Charm (BTS) and finally concedes, as he misses his 4th landrop again. 2:1

ggs