Main Menu

graveyardhate up to date?

Started by Georg B, 12-07-2010, 04:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georg B

Hey guys, due to the latest bannings, do you think you still need any graveyardhate at all?
Well, ok, some slow controldecks should play some of it, but in an aggrodeck?
I mean, there is no survival and no Loam anymore. Is it worth playing a card witch does nothing than removing a graveyard (I'm looking at you Tormods Crypt :P )?

What do you think?

coldcrow

Obviously not that much anymore. I think it can be safely reduced to furnace, relic, shred memory, suffer the past, cremate, bog. Of course you do not want to play all of them. For aggro Furnace + Bog seem appropriate as they can tutor them up with mage or reliq knight.

It is still good to run some for control, because of Lark/double, witness, crucible and reanimator.

Mythrandir

Well, i think it's just a matter of tunning GY hate right now. I still think it's quite important, cause i think there's still quite a few reanimators out there. Although tormod seems a bit worse right now. Things that have cantrip are probably better right now, since it's not a completely useless card.

As for aggro they can use the cantrip ones, non colored, i'm remember 3, so...

But yeah, i'll probably transmute shred and cantrip furnace more often right...

GoblinPiledriver

I never played graveyardhate in an aggro deck. I always thought it's better to focus on the main strategy than to be prepared against any recursion synergys from your opponent. You lose anyway, if you can't kill your opponent quick. And this can't be done by graveyardhate.

In a midrange deck I always play one or two gravehate. Your opponent here has enough time to put his recursion on line.
Maybe I would decrease the amount of graveyardhate. But still there is Crucible of Worlds, Eternal Witness, Reveilark, Genesis. So I think I should keep the original amount of graveyardhate.

Same is true for control.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Payron

Maybe the best startegy ist to play only cards which also fit into the gameplan ... for example for aggro or maybe also midrange: Stonecloaker, Jotun Grunt, Beckon Apparition ... in control Decks I would still play at least Furnace + Bog ...

just my 2 cents

Kristian

I'm keeping my graveyard hate due to my meta. All of it had secondary effects/uses anyway. Running Bojuka, Identity Crisis and Suffer the Past in WBGUr control.
There can be only one!