Main Menu

Season X - brainstorming

Started by Vazdru, 05-06-2010, 04:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

any suggestions, proposals or just thoughts to Season X?

should we change anything?

everythings welcome
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

coldcrow

It seems that the rising number of participants makes completing all games difficult. What about a fixed number of rounds?
11 or 13 are fine to produce a good swiss result.

Vazdru

Quote from: coldcrow on 05-06-2010, 06:48:52 PM
It seems that the rising number of participants makes completing all games difficult. What about a fixed number of rounds?
11 or 13 are fine to produce a good swiss result.

@ rest

what's your opinion

if you do not have any complains i will reduce the max. matches / season to 13
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

GoblinPiledriver

Well I found it not useful to reduce the amount of matches during a season for improving the swiss result.

Yeah it's not easy completing all matches but with a lesser match amount one single unplayed match had a higher impact than one unplayed match with more matches in the amount.

Maybe it would be better to give 3 matches in a week instead of 2 to solve the one or two unplayed matches-problem.
So it could be possible to play against each other competitor in the league.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Tabris

-jFk-

I'm not sure if I'll be able to play three matches a week. I had kind of a hard time finishing all games this season.

Maybe we could bring in a mechanism, where you can get a new matchup, when someone didn't answer your request for a match for - let's say - 3 weeks or something like that.

altogether I'm quite happy with how everything works out right now.

GoblinPiledriver

Yeah such a mechanism would be good but I don't know how it could be figured out.

Well the problem is not so much having time in a week for 2 or 3 hours it's more that you have to chase behind  a (every) match to get an opportunity to play it. And so this becomes time intesive. 
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Mythrandir

I think the problem isn't the number of matches.
For example this league for me: i was unable to play some matches because i had a more stupid work schedule, however when i was able to play, my oponents couldn't and vice-versa (of course). So it wasn't necessarily the number of matches i had to play, but
the "incompatibility" of my schedule with other players' schedule.

So if the full league calendar was available from the beginnning, perhaps it would be easier to finish the matches, because if you have time you could choose from a lot of players to make a match.

3 matches per week is good if the minimum of games to be played didn't change (number/time to complete the minimum). Since you had more players to choose from.

A downside on this, is that perhaps some players will finish their league quite early and if they get a very good score it might disencorage ppl to finish their games.

just my opinion