Main Menu

Sunset

Started by Sturmgott, 02-09-2007, 10:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturmgott

Last, the Islands.

Sturmgott

Another idea that came to my mind is to have color-specific equipments with abilities that match the color's flavor. Here they are:

Sturmgott

Finally for today, some Rares which may be a bit more thrilling. Here we go (the last one is meant to be a phonetic joke, see who gets it 8-) ):

Vazdru

Imo Sea Beast looks too strong in comparison to other common fatties already exist - i would replace islandwalk with islandhome or make it cc9.

What do you think about following changes:

Samurai of Darkness: UC and maybe add provoke

Celestial Knight: UC and maybe add lifelink or vigilance

Then they are in the same league like White Knight, Hand of Honor or Longbow Archers.

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Whistler

Last Thursday, I spoke with Sturmgott about the idea of creating a set and was very interested. I created some cards, maybe there are some for the "Sunset"?

Edit: I recognized a mistake, the Magus of Searing must be worded: "...for a card named Tome of Searing...

Edit 2: Melting Pot is way too good, with it's activation cost of only colorless mana. It should be "1RR Tap: Destroy..."
Giggity giggity giggity!

Whistler

And some more. :)

Edit: And another mistake, Treacherous Specter maybe worded:

"Flying (This creature can’t be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
Haste (This creature can attack and tap the turn it comes under your control.)
Treacherous Specter attacks each turn if able.
At the beginning of your upkeep draw two cards.
When Treacherous Specter deals combat damage to a  player, he or she discards his or her hand.
At the end of turn, target opponent gains control of Treacherous Specter."
Giggity giggity giggity!

Whistler

And there are 2 cards, I have no artwork for. Perhaps Sturmgott, Master of Arts, has some. :)
Giggity giggity giggity!

Mythrandir

i think u have some pretty powered cards there :P
- optimism is great in combo deck (storm, etc angel grace)
- melting pot seems too strong for just 2 mana
- runes to memory also seem quite good especially if u have 2 black lotus in the graveyard :P
- treacherous specter might be abusive (claws of gix, maze of ith...) but i dont think it would see that many games.

btw.. constructing mage is pretty cool and searing angel is great too.

good cards overall

Whistler

Thanks for your review, I will work on the named cards.

Meanwhile, I worked out some new cards. I continued the Legend/Location idea and thought about some unique artifacts for the legends. Show me what you think about them.

Greetings,
Sascha
Giggity giggity giggity!

Sturmgott

Currently I'm trying to develop a new card type, as well as a new Land-subtype ("Location") which you may already have noticed in the duals on page one of this thread.

The new cardtype I'm trying to develop is called "Event".

Up to now, this is what I can say about events:

* events are not spells,
* events have a trigger that makes them happen und event-specific circumstances,
* some events have a sorcery-type effect which happens once, then the event is set aside again,
* while others have a duration (new Keyword "Duration X",
* and some last until another event ends them.

Let's take a look at some ideas I had so far:

Sturmgott

@Whistler: Great stuff you're coming up with! We just crossposted, sorry for not first answering your post. I have already done some more legends myself, but you definitely create the more interesting cards. Here's what I had (including some stuff that refers to events or locations):

Mythrandir

whistler cards: some of the legendary artefacts are way too powerful for just 2 mana.. draw a card and deall 2 damage? ok, u have to have the location, but even though, its quite strong... (especially with the "crop rotation" sturmgott made)
your legendary creatures in my opinion are unbalaced.. the second one comparaed to the first kind of suck, dont u think? unless u have some weird wizard combo.. :P

sturmgott: i dont know about events... sounds a bit like other TCG no?
cosmic bane is really cool, i would probably try it out in my 5c control..memoris of journey would probablt end up banned or restricted.. depending on how powerful "location" decks would be..

Whistler

@Mythrandir
You don't need to have the location to have the artifacts power, you need the legend. I think, it's quite harder to have the legend AND the depending artifact (AND of course the location for the legend to get the legend uba-cool ;) ).

The second legend (the wizard one) was created to stable my own wizards tribe fun highlander. :) Compared with the first one it's perhaps not so strong, I think I have to create a better wizard then.

Sturmgott had the idea to make the set more roleplaying-oriented, so the legends should become strong (even through their depending location and the really unique artifacts belonging to them).

Greetings,
Sascha
Giggity giggity giggity!

Mythrandir

Quote from: Whistler on 11-09-2007, 06:31:40 PM
@Mythrandir
You don't need to have the location to have the artifacts power, you need the legend. I think, it's quite harder to have the legend AND the depending artifact (AND of course the location for the legend to get the legend uba-cool ;) ).

The second legend (the wizard one) was created to stable my own wizards tribe fun highlander. :) Compared with the first one it's perhaps not so strong, I think I have to create a better wizard then.

Sturmgott had the idea to make the set more roleplaying-oriented, so the legends should become strong (even through their depending location and the really unique artifacts belonging to them).

Greetings,
Sascha

ups, misread.. my bad.. then they arent so overpowered. :)