Main Menu

Sunset

Started by Sturmgott, 02-09-2007, 10:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturmgott

After having played with Magic Set Editor 2 ( http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net ) for quite some time now I came up with the idea of creating a whole set. I would like it to be a big set to which we could even, much later on, develop expansions.

The theme/setting that goes around in my mind is "The Sun", thus the working title "Sunset". Maybe we should first gather ideas to closer specify the setting. I will post my ideas here:

• Sun cult, and its adherers
  • Renegades from this cult...
  • ...maybe they pray to the moon ;) (but the moon could also be the center of the first expansion)

I already have done a suggestions for a set symbol and a first draft of the logo, which I will attach.

Sturmgott

I would like the set to have a full set of duals, so here's what I've come up with until now. The idea is to introduce a new land type "location" and have other cards in the set maybe refer to this. The lands are all legendary, so they should depict a very specific, unique place. Please see everything as it is meant: only ideas, suggestions, nothing fixed at this point.

Vazdru

This duals are looking nice in deed. The artworks are great. In my opinion they are a bit too strong - I would add "sacrifice untapped....". A problem could be legendary vs indestructible -> what happen if a second copy of one of this lands enters the game? Both indestructible lands would be destroyed? Sounds paradox to me ;D
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 02-09-2007, 02:04:32 PM
This duals are looking nice in deed. The artworks are great. In my opinion they are a bit too strong - I would add "sacrifice untapped....". A problem could be legendary vs indestructible -> what happen if a second copy of one of this lands enters the game? Both indestructible lands would be destroyed? Sounds paradox to me ;D

yeap. he´s right. how about shroud instead of indestrutible? they would still go with geddon =/ but would be immune to boomerang like effects, and wasteland..

Sturmgott

I used to think that in case two legendary permanents with the same name are in play, both are sacrificed rather than destroyed?

Vazdru

Quote from: Sturmgott on 02-09-2007, 02:54:14 PM
I used to think that in case two legendary permanents with the same name are in play, both are sacrificed rather than destroyed?

That's of course right - my fault. :-[

Btw Shroud is a nice idea too !
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Sturmgott

I have invested further thoughts and updated the duals.

The idea is, similar to Ravnica, to have something equivalent to Ravnica's Guilds. Each of these Guilds has a master, the first two of which I'd like to propose here. I think you'll get the idea. Maybe each of these masters should gain something if "their" location is in play controlled by the same player.

I have been think about keywording such an ability, for now I called it Native permanent_name.

Let me know what you think!

Sturmgott

And another suggestion (U/W Dual renamed):

Mythrandir

~name~
Artefact creature - guardian
First Strike
WR, sacrifice ~this~: search your library for a card name Heat Vale and put it into your hand.

2/1

uncommon?

Sturmgott

Sounds good, would you vote for making a full cycle of these Artifact Guardians? Got an idea for your card's name?

Here's the next pair of Location/Legend:

Mythrandir

i think the dark illusionist is  too broken... :P

yeah, i thought about the artefacts being a cycle.. each creature had diferent ability, trample, flying... etc.. P/T probably changes from creature to creature.. CMC i would like to keepthe same for all, but probably must there will be diferent CMC.

names that is a though one..  "location" guardian? "location" finder? "location" protector?
its the hardest part, making up the names... if u have a better one, go ahead and choose :)

Sturmgott

It's also quite hard to find decent and matching art for an artifact creature so color specific. Here's my first 7 drafts:

Mythrandir

nice work. :) the djin is really good. i would definitely play with these (especially with the flyers) if i was playing "locations".

Sturmgott

Uncommon duals to complete color availability (also the full set):

Sturmgott

Set of Orbs: