Main Menu

Wishes in Highlander

Started by Tabris, 11-04-2010, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabris

I know we allready discussed this issue but I am concerned that the conclusion "wishes dont matter in the highlander format since we dont have a sideboard" is not quite satisfying. Whys that? bc of the following:

"In a sanctioned event, a card that's "outside the game" is one that's in your sideboard. In an unsanctioned event, you may choose any card from your collection."10/1/2009 Quoute from the Wizards of the Coast gatherer.

That leads us to the question: what happen if someone will play a wish in a highlander tourney (which is a unsanctioned event)? I cant find anything in the rules section which can give a proper answer to this question.

Sturmgott

We have added the following clause to the deck construction section, under "Sideboard":

"For rules purposes, the only cards a player owns during a tournament match are the ones contained in the deck they are currently playing."

This should prevent players from claiming they may search any card from their binder e.g. when wishing.

We don't want to ban wishes since in casual play groups otherwise sticking to our rules players should be allowed to wish if their play group likes so.