Main Menu

Wishes

Started by Drexlin, 18-03-2010, 03:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drexlin

So how do the "wishes" work in this format, i.e. Cunning Wish, Burning Wish, etc? I know in other formats they limit your searching range to your sideboard, so how does it work in Highlander? Can I really "wish" for ANY card (of the appropriate type) in my collection?

TeKo

Nope before EXILE you could get RFGed cards now you can still get RFGed cards if you find a way to remove them...
So basically they make no sense in Highlander.

Thibir

I´m not sure, but I guess, that wishes right now do NOTHING in highlander. Because wishes say "card you own from outside the game" and the exile zone is same part of the game as battlefield or graveyard.

thats quite sad :( I like wishes as prety cool tutor efect. Have anybody considered keeping some sort of "sideboard" not to use in standard sideboarding, but just as a couple of targets for wishes?

Mythrandir

Quote from: Thibir on 18-03-2010, 10:11:36 PM
I´m not sure, but I guess, that wishes right now do NOTHING in highlander. Because wishes say "card you own from outside the game" and the exile zone is same part of the game as battlefield or graveyard.

True, after M10 rules wishes in HL do absolutely nothing since they now serve as sideboard fetchers only, so no sideboard in HL, no utility to wishes.

Yeap, wishes were nice tutors for things like timespiral, etc, etc.

I guess they will eventually make something like:

WG
sorcery
Return targeted exiled card you own to your hand.

or whatever....