Main Menu

[RoE] spoiler!

Started by Mythrandir, 02-03-2010, 08:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Well, pretty impresive. Some facts:
- if you cheat him into play you don't get to draw
- NOT an artifact.

Playable? i think it can do wonders in artifacts deck that run a lot of mana accel or even elves, those little buggers can easily get to 10 mana quickly. The fact that you get to draw 4 cards make it worth dying next turn/eot?!

Tabris

I dont know if its worth to pay 10 mana to get 4 cards and this nice fatty in a competetive deck. But I suppose he finds himself a nice home in a lot of casual decks (including mine :D )

Helle

I don't think the card will se any competitive play, but I think its interessting that it costs colorless only but isn't an artifact and I don't think it's a missprint like Walking Atlas was. I think I'd prefer colorless cards to be artifacts, but lets wait and see.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Helle on 03-03-2010, 11:52:50 AM
I don't think the card will se any competitive play, but I think its interessting that it costs colorless only but isn't an artifact and I don't think it's a missprint like Walking Atlas was. I think I'd prefer colorless cards to be artifacts, but lets wait and see.

Yes this is colorless and yes it is NOT an artifact.

Well, in reanimators it sucks because it needs instant reanimation spells. And everytime you cheat him into play you don't get the +4, however it doesn't need to hit the board, just cast and even if it gets countered you get the +4.
But, yes, my opinion is casual play only, but it if hits the board and survives 1 turn "i pity the fool".

But once again, IMO, they are pushing creatures just a bit too far.. specially because what we know about the eldrazi, is that they are "mostly" (just not to say all) huge fatties or at least high CMC

Tiggupiru

This will see play in competitive decks, mainly because it has several unique abilities. It does not see MUCH play, but it offers options unlike any other card currently. Draw four with ten mana and a quality body to seal the deal, is within reasonable limits.

Oathing this guy on turn 3-5, with dragon breath on your graveyard, will cause problems. Granted, I still think he is worse Oath target than Iona, but who knows.

This also doubles (triples?) as a protection against milling, and can be oathed over and over again.

pyyhttu

*Sneak*y creature. If I could only *Attack* with it the turn it hits the play...

Mythrandir

Quote from: Tiggupiru on 03-03-2010, 10:13:30 PM
This will see play in competitive decks, mainly because it has several unique abilities. It does not see MUCH play, but it offers options unlike any other card currently. Draw four with ten mana and a quality body to seal the deal, is within reasonable limits.

Oathing this guy on turn 3-5, with dragon breath on your graveyard, will cause problems. Granted, I still think he is worse Oath target than Iona, but who knows.

This also doubles (triples?) as a protection against milling, and can be oathed over and over again.

Well, milling, at least in HL; isn't realy a problem. I'd prefer to oath another creature other than that, but that's just my opinion. However i can see this in elves and some artifact ramp decks.
That and the sneaky, yes, that was my first thought when i saw this card. ;)

Sturmgott

Annihilate ftw:

Colorless sorceries, feels weird:

Another nice Angel:

This may become a problem in HL:

New auras that save the enchanted creatures life once:

Level up!

More interesting stuff:

Plus, finally, a new Planeswalker:

malz77

This one will be interesting for Elves

Mythrandir

well.. they were bound to make that last ability:

gideon
3WW
[+2]: During target opponent's next turn, creatures that player controls attack Gideon Jura if able.
[-2]: Destroy target tapped creature.
  • : Until end of turn, Gideon Jura becomes a 6/6 Human Soldier creature that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.

Quite interesting and totally on the control side, which is nice for a change.
    Don't know about the last ability... getting a PW destroyed by a terror doesn't really seem impressive.. however non-instant removal can't deal with it, which is great as we know from manlands.

my opinion? Totaly playable, probably not as wideranged as an elsepth, but definitely playable.

Sturmgott

Tabris

So I just found my win card for Power Artefact+ Monolith :D IWANT MY SIDEBOARD!!!11

Mythrandir

Lol, This one Eldrazi just seems overkill. Also epic image.