Started by Vazdru, 28-02-2010, 08:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

and another one....

have fun and some ggs!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Tabris

Tabris (UB-Reanimator) vs CedZoh (UWR-StaXX)

G1: Ced is able to cast some mana acceleration but without any pressure on his side. I was digging for some fattis but didnt found anything. Got only some counter (on mindseye and something else). Finaly I get my Empyrial Archangel (Maze on his side) in the graveyard and can reanimate him. But unfortunatly he is able to cast a ensnaring bridge some turn later he was able to cycle his decree of annhilation and my 6 lands go to the grave leaving his board with ajani (RW) and Chandra and Pendrell Mists which kills my Archangel. So I just die to the PW.

G2: Rly quick game on my side. An early Hellkite Overlord is able to beat him to death in 3 rounds. Some counterbackup on my side and the game was over.

G3: An early Workshop is threatening fast mana accel + imba artefacts but he cant find any good spells except for tezzeret which is countered by me. I was able to cast a looter + nezumi which get both killed by WoG. A gix ring is handling my woodfall primus (which destroyed a powerstone + glimmervoid) but I can cast a gifts which finds me enough answers to his mini lock (gix+voltaic key). I ve got also Mana Drain which get rid of his Jace and the game was over.

gg´s

Pennywise

Pennywise(Gbw Elves) 2-1 Seveneyes(Reanimator)

G1: He reanimated his Empyraial Archangel two times, but in turn 22 i'm able to kill him, after heving killed the Angel with Overrun and with forestwalkers through his Overgrown Tomb.

G2: I get rid of his Iona once, but the second time Iona on an empty board of mine is too much...

G3: Winter Orb slows him down enough and after he reanimated his Blazing Archon I topdecked the missing land for Putrefy.

Thanks for playing

r4nd0m1z3r

Oath 2:1 B/w Control [coldcrow]

G1 he starts w/ Duress and choses Sterling Grove from a hand which also contains Top, Chrome Mox, Ghastly Demise, Forest, Barren Moor and Swamp. I go land, Mox, Top and start digging. After a couple of turns, I find Intuition and Tropical, so I play Tropical go, and it turns out that he does have the Wasteland which makes me flip the Top for Intuition and go for Life and Cyclelands. Later, he also resolves an untimely Aven Mindcensor, but for the rest of the game, he cant stop my engine and I make insane cardadvantage. At some point, he comes up with Bojuka Bog to slow me down, but except for losing some keycards (including all my winning conditions except for some manlands), I am unconcerned because I played around it and my engine is still online.
After a Thoughtseize for Mind Twist, I know his hand is mostly creatureremoval and an Desolation Angel. So, I have him all but locked up with Forbid. At some point, after dredging most of my library, I realize that I wont be able to win with my manlands quickly, so I return my Scroll Rack with Academy Ruins and start refilling my Library. Somehow, though, I manage to screw myself by dredging the wrong cards in the process, leaving me only with Forbid and a couple of lands in hand/library.
Sure enough, he has the time to accumulate a full grip again and forces me to spend my entire hand to answer his threats in one turn. Emptyhanded and with only a single card in my library, I sheepishly concede.

G2 I have Life again, but the combination of Shred Memory and Bojuka Bog leave me with an utterly useless hand of Archangel, Confinement, Darkblast, Needle and some land. Then, he resolves Academy Rector. I manage to Leak his Doomblade, but his 2/6 Magus nets him a Necro on his next upkeep. All I can do is play Confinement and Angel on consecutive turns, on the offchance that he doesnt draw an out. 3 turns later, after an Angel of Despair and Death Grasp for 7(!), Im overly surprised to see his "gg" and I feel deeply relieved that Im still in it, after throwing away G1.

G3 my hand is full of countermagic, but I only have 2 lands that produce blue mana. He patiently plays his lands and nothing else and leaves me w/ this very reactive hand, while establishing a good manabase. Also, he has a Port going and at one point, he taps me out on his turn, only to pass the turn back, unable to capitalize on it. I topdeck Breeding Pool the next turn, and from there, I have enough time to find Intuition and Teachings to lock the game with Forbid/Life again. So, I continue to up my blue mana count and eventually, as I have both Exploration and Crucible in play, he tries to make a move with Cabal Coffers, but Im too far ahead already and counter all his threats ftw!

Nice games indeed. Props to coldcrow, for beeing very competent, friendly and relaxed.  ;)

coldcrow

TeKo (Gw/b?-Elves) 1 : 2 coldcrow (B/w Control)

Game 1: I keep a sluggish hand on the draw out of fear seeing no lands after the mulligan. Teko plays some dudes, most notably elvish archdruid and wellwisher. I get a Magus of the Tabernacle going and forget paying for so I have the use the Necromancy to reanimate him, yet Chord of Calling for elvish Hexhunter ends that game.

Game 2: This time I keep a good hand and start out accelerating with artifacts. I draw Geddon in addition to the tabernacle so on my 4th turn Lands get destroyed and Tabernacle clears his board. A few turns later some Angels finish the job.

Game 3: TeKo has to ship 2 hands back until seetling for 5  :-\ . Luckily I hold the vindicate for his Garruk so the game isn't over on turn 4. After that I am able to counter his fetch with shadow of doubt which will become quite important as I draw the tabernacle a few turns later. Fetters get rid of Mirror Entity and Tabernacle halts any progress TeKo is going to make.
Some turns later the unholy duo of Liliana and Sorin make short work of the elves and his hand.

Good games.

peeler

peeler (4c Zoo) 2 vs Mythandir (5cc) 0

First game i started with great stable stack turn 2 followed by grafted wargear i beat him dun to 7 after he got defence, venser, hierach, maze, explosives and pin point removal. But i got 2 of the new man lands and other guys to keep on the preasure. In the end i could burn him out with banefire (x=5)

Second game i got Elspeth and sharkan vol which made every creature of mine a serious threat.after warth and sudden shock i produced dragons he answered with gifts but i could kill him in response with helix.

nice games

-jFk-

-jFk-(WW) vs Goblinpiledriver (Domain Aggro)

I played against this deck the day before and Jochen just destroyed me (3-0). No big suprise because his creatures are usually bigger than mine and he has more removal (burnspells) + almost instant win cards like survival. The first game went just like that:
He starts with mother into wild nacatl (3/3) with rancor. I have silver knight and try to slow him down with tangle wire on turn 3. In the next turn I have Eight-and-a-Half-Tails wich could have won me the game if it had not been for tarfire befor I could use him next turn. Then he just beat me down.
0-1

By the way i kept all my starting hands were he spoiled 3 cards in every game.
In the second one i start with Savannah Lions which get killed on their first attack and are replaced by Figure of Destiny. He plays a 4/5 Tarmogoyf on turn 2 (see, what I was talking about?) so my figure (even, if 4/4 doesn't look so impressive anymore). Also I have a Crusade on my hand so I decide to play mutavault and Kitchen Finks. Jochen kills Figure eot (= during his end step) with lightning bolt and starts attacking with his big monster. Reinforcement comes in the form of Soltari Trooper.
I play crusade and attack with Finks and after that play Ronom Unicorn.
He doesn't seem to be very impressed and attacks with Tarmo and his now bigger Trooper. I'm down to 11 already where he has 14 after using his painland to play a 6/5 Woolly Thoctar. Now I really don't see much chances to win but from the top comes: Sword of Fire and Ice which gives me an unblockable 5/5 unicorn (Goyf is tapped) and kills his Trooper. In his attack (both creatures) I block with Kitchen Finks and go down to 9. He plays Kami of Ancient Law but I have: ELSPETH FROM THE TOP. THANKS DECK!

1-1

He starts with shock land and Tattermunge Maniac. I play chrome mox and Samurai of Pale Curtain. He attacks, I block, He plays Colossal Might so I won the trade (1-2) for the price of 3 damage. I planned to play Hand of Honor next turn but I draw Mother of Runes and now I can play both. I had Hand of Honor and Griffin Guide on my starting hand so now I was ooptimistic because now he had no board and was under pressure to kill the mother in the next turn and then I could enchant Hand and put big pressure on him. And really he plays oblivion ring to get rid of the mother.
I give the human the gift of the griffin and put Jochen down to 14. He has Wilt-Leaf Liege (1 pain) and I play Knight of the white Orchid and Crusade (I already know that I will play Parallax Wave next turn). Attack (he is at 8). He is still in a good mood because he can play a 5/5(!!!) Steward of Veleron and kill my Knight with Fire Ambush. But as I said I have the wave and remove his creatures to win the turn after.

2-1

Thx. For the great games (Also the other 3 - they told me a lot about my deck).

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW) vs Seveneyes (gw-Elves)

Ok it's 2 in the morning so I can't motivate myself to write a big report. Sorry.
First game was one of the most intense ones played with this deck. We had a steady exchange of creatures. Both of us had great pressure on the board at some times (i.e. warcaller with 2 counters which I can handle with flickerwisp). He managed to get wellwisher online with 6 elves and the possibility to untap him 3(!) times in his next turn. I draw Sword of Fire and Ice but can't play and equip it in the same turn so he gets 24!!! life before I can kill the elf. One turn later he destroys the Sword with Stomphowler and another turn later he has his own sword (oFaI). But I draw Elspeth and can block every turn. Finally I can kill him in my 10th (!!!) turn. 1-0

In the second game he plays Natural Order for progenitus on turn 3. I would have had Aven Mindcensor in my 3rd turn. Funny as well: if the Path to Exile in my hand would've been a Sword to Plowshares I would have won even against Turn 3 Progenitus... I know wouldwouldwould, but I can't emphasize enough every possibility to win against this card, which i can't handle by any way (except these two and - maybe - mana denial via geddon or winter orb). 1-1

Funny story about game 3: I start with Isamaru, Sigiled Paladin, he has Nettle Sentinal and Selesnya Guildmage. When I attack with both on T3 he blocks the paladin with the guildmage... and both die. I only realized it when I wrote the report and asked myself if the paladin didn't have first strike. Again I have Mindcensor and then Serra Avenger. Jan doesn't really get the mindcensor and sacrifices Misty Rainforest (which he had on his starting hand) to dig for the needed white mana. When he realizes he can't get it, he admits, that he can't find solutions fast enough.

2-1

Seveneyes

in my memory i blocked the paladin with both creatures (both 2/2) and took dmg from isamaru. since exalted was not triggered, paladin and one of my creature died. really intense games!

-jFk-

That and the time I wrote the report, explains everything.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC vs Vazdru UBG landfall

3 pretty nice games, with no crashes (AMAZING!!)
Over 1h20min (this season i'll start to add the time in my reports too)

Game 1: he starts with bop, i only play some lands and an EOT eladarmci call -> glen elendra, meanwhule he starts beating me down with goyf + another critter. I had mana drain, gifts, and glen in hand when he played demonic-> BTB (havent' lost to that one in a while...) GG

Game 2: I start with nothing fancy. he plays some critters and played some removal (FTK, shriekmaw). i had LFTL in grave + eternal + stronghold "combo" going on to my advantafe. but he nicely played crop-> bojuka (one of the best cards of WWK, extremely powerful in our format). i still had eternal in the board. he played worm harvest for 5 tokens i played furnace removing it. A tabernacle on my side, meant he had to keeping tapping lands to safe his 1/1 worms. Eventually an exalted angel took me out of the red zone and eventually killed him. GG

Game 3: I start with furnace, then TOP. he played chrome + land + il-kor looter. He counters an impulse and plays sakura. He plays trygon predator and i play wog. Then doran, he plays finks and then primmal command for shuffle GY (mine) + creature for him (sower of temptation). He steals my doran and brings me down to 2lf. I see demonfire on TOP and kill his sower, played jace 2.0 and returned his finks to avoid losing. He plays finks + garruk. i play needle (yeahhh) for garruk and from then now i was able to hold (more or less) the game. exalted angel again saved me from the red zone. He played FoF (and what a nice FOF) BTB + eternal... he didn't have mana to play eternal + BTB so i went for the kill (lightning helix, he was at 3life points) Vazdru lloked at his TOP, and saw misdirection (hehe) saving him and killing my jace. i played trygon  he drew shriekmaw, but it didn't save him from my trygon predator. GG

Nice matches.

grizzledmage

Quote from: -jFk- on 07-03-2010, 03:19:01 AM
if the Path to Exile in my hand would've been a Sword to Plowshares I would have won even against Turn 3 Progenitus

Yep still lurking here; yep still interested in these games; yep still wishing I had the time and other resources to participate... Anyway, I guess I'm missing something here... how would the Sword to Plowshares have helped against the Progenitus?

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 08-03-2010, 07:28:42 PM
Quote from: -jFk- on 07-03-2010, 03:19:01 AM
if the Path to Exile in my hand would've been a Sword to Plowshares I would have won even against Turn 3 Progenitus

Yep still lurking here; yep still interested in these games; yep still wishing I had the time and other resources to participate... Anyway, I guess I'm missing something here... how would the Sword to Plowshares have helped against the Progenitus?

From the report, i´m guessing that his opponent had something along the lines of BOP (giving him a 3rd turn natural order) and if he had STP instead of PTE, he could only play natural order on turn 4 meaning by that time he had aven mindencor to "kill the search" of the progenitus.... guessing over here, of course.

GoblinPiledriver

I think the major point is the life from Swords to Plowshares.
Pogenitus makes exactly 20 damage, if you get 1 or 2 life with Sword from your own creature, you could attak one turn more.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

-jFk-

GoblinPiledriver is exactly right. I would've sworded my 1/1 flyer to kill him the turn after with my remaining crew. All that stuff is hypothetical anyway, but thats really my only chance against a Progenitus on the other side of the table.