Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IX

Started by Vazdru, 28-02-2010, 08:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeler

Peeler (4cZoo) 2 vs The Ocean (UBG Recurrsion) 1
First game: I was little screwd so no chance against his SotF turn 2 and reanimate woodfall primus
Second game: I Started with BoP, Bob, cobra, kird ape. he has explosives (2)but my ravage of war made the day
Third game: turn 2 Merfolk looter for him i got the gofy, then wooly (got countered) then ramm gang. he draw some cards put oath in play I got maelstorm pulse he conceded.

Buddaq

Buddaq(WURG-Loam) vs. Noviomagus (RG-Beatz)

Buddaq won 2:1

Game 1:

After Highlander-Mulligan Novi got to draw a new hand. I played a sacred foundry tapped. He played a Figure on his first turn and did next turn one dmg to me what makes the way open for a 3/3 scab clan mauler. I played Call of the Hurt but he managed them fast with Lightningbolt and played frostbringer. With Skyshroud Elite and Bonesplitter it was fast over.

Game 2:

I startet in with Forgotten Cave. He played Aether Vial. With one counter on Aether Vial he EOT put Jungle Lions into play and played Grafted Wargear but i was able to kill the lions with Fire/Ice bevor it get equipped. With my Noble Hierarch i was able to cast Rhox Warmonk and equip him in next turn with Sword of Fire and Ice what makes the game for me.

Game 3:

He used Misty Rainforest to get Taiga on board and played a seal of fire. I took my Wasteland try to screw him. He get a mountain and next turn a forest in play to do 2 dmg with his Rip-Clan Crasher. Punishing Fire and the Crasher goes to graveyard on my next turn. He play Tin Street Hooligan and me answer with Serendib Efreet what brings me a two to one trade with seal of fire. He was still at 2 lands and wasnt able to play much of his hand what finaly wins me the game after resolving Garruk and Standstill.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC vs Pennywise elves
2:0

Game 1: This was crazy, he dropps 5 1 CMC elfs + 1 herald. i miss my 3rd land drop! Luckily i drew into my 3rd land + intuition for regrowth + witness + engineered explosives, i was able to regrowth EE and he went nuts with his mana elfs casting chord of calling for 6, but i had mana drain and was left at 4lfs. Next turn explosives set at 1 + demonfire on his herald. next turn i played ajani vengeatn he played winter orb, i played demonic -> garruk and that was it. I also killed a his nonG lands, leaving him with only 2 lands. Intense game

Game 2: he played savanah -> mana elf, i played wasteland and sac it. he played symbiot + gaes cradle i played taberancle, he plays another elf. i played intuition for LFTL + vesuva + land and started going for his lands, eventually i played kitchen finks + vindicate on his remaining land and he conceded with nothing on the board except sylvan library.

Got everything right in these games :)  ths for the games.

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (GW Elves) 2:0 Tabris (UB Reanimator)

First Game:
I get Nettle Sentinel, Elvish Visionary, Wirewood Herald and Wilt-Leave Cavaliers on the battlefield, while he digs through his library. On 4 life he reanimates Hellkite Overlord and Empyrial Archange with Stitch Together and Dance of the Dead. Luckily the Dance is on the Archangel, such that a Krosan Grip finishes the game.

Second Game:
My first turn Boreal Druid gets answered by Entomb -> Darkblast, which renders almost all creatures in my hand useless. A Sword of Light and Shadow gets countered and he has a Nezumi Graverobber. I get Stoneforge Mystic -> Sword of Fire and Ice and Path to Exile for his rat, before it can flip and reanimates his Thraximundar. The Mystic brings the Sword into play before it gets killed by double darkblast as well. Sylvan Scrying -> Bojuka Blog clear his grave, but he dredges some more, including a Bogardan Hellkite. An equipped Birchlore Ranger starts to beat him down and Skyshroud Proacher enters the battlefield. The reanimated Bogardan cant kill my creatures thx to protection of the Sword and Yavimaya Hollow. The Sword on my critter would probably haven been enough while the Proacher searches me a Deranged Hermit and Oran Rief makes the squirrels real big, so he concedes.

thx for games!

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (GW Elves) 2:1 Buddaq (URGW Lands)

First Game:
He opens with Library, which draws him tons of cards throughout the game. Lightning Bolt kills my Roffelos. Seismic Assault is huge with all the extra cards from the library and starts killing creatures. In one turn I get Critter + equip Sword o.F.a.I + Winter Orb and feel very optimistic. Tin Street Hooligan ends this feeling. Luckily he doesnt use a land to kill my Birchlore Ranger, but to play Knight of the Relinquary (6/6), for which I have Path to exile. With some saved untapped lands i play Joragan Warcaller whith a counter + an additional counter from Oran Reef. Thus I have two 3/3 guys, which he cant handle with Winter Orb still in play.

Second Game:
He gets second turn Looter il Kor which attacks lonely round after round and searches him many good creatures and removal for my guys until I concede.

Third Game:
I start with Treetop Village and Gempalm Strider. He has Maze of Ith, but Crop Rotation -> Wasteland and the beating starts. He has some mana issues, eventually Mishras Factory blocks Treetop. I have Seeker of Skybreak, no mana engines or tribal tricks there, but Oblivion Ring -> Anger and an additional Skyshroud Elite kill him, before he stabilizes his mana base.

Thx for playing

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC vs Tek wG elves

Game 1: i'm a bit screw on lands, and starts beating me down with some elves, fortunately i play explosives set at 2 + a maze (wich gets wastelanded) killing some of his troopers, but he continues with the beatdown until i'me left at 1 lf. Played gifts loxodon, ajani, finks and other random card. kept both life gaining creatures, and after that i could stabilize, he even started gaining 6 life per turn with wellshisher + untap elf land, but i played mass removal, keeping only finks on the table, after that a garruk joined the table. Transmuted shred -> mana drain and tolaria into pact of negation. And that was that. He was too flooded to keep pressure when i was at 1 lfp.

Game 2: wasn't very exciting due to his mana screw problems, he played skyshroud elite, but i had the only 2x forests in my deck in my hand + a UB signet. he played rancor on his elite + a twinblade slasher. he playe sylvan scrying for gaes cradle but i had wasteland and played finks. Again a EE (via trinket mage) set at 1 cleaned the table for me and the finks started attacking. he played survival but i had needle. Then a gifts for ajani, garruk, jace + vindicate (he was stuck at two lands). kept jace + garruk. he played naturalize on my talisman but since i didn't have double U without it, but i had tolaria in hand. So Garruk + jace was GG. He was stuck at 2 lands till the end.

Sorry for the flood/screw. It's sick :(

TeKo

GW Elves! seems to be the most played deck this season ;)
Hopefully with the best stats...

GoblinPiledriver

Yeah it's very popular this season.
3 Players played it each with 3 matches of it, with 4 Wins and 5 Losses
So til now its 44% percentage of winning with such a deck.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Tabris

Tabris 2 (UG-AggroControl) vs Mr. Green 1(5c Zoo)

1st Game: I keep a one Land hand with EE, Stifle, Standstill and some other cheap spells (yeah yeah take a lot of unnecessary risk) dont know what my opponent is playing. I start with my Fetchland he plays also one I get to use my stifle he playes a Mox + Elite Vanguard.
I dont draw a land but can play my EE for 1 thinking I get him. But he plays another land (3 Lands + Mox) + Tarmogoyf. I was not drawing anything to help me so fast beatdown with Bonesplitter and 2 dudes.

2nd Game: After knowing what my opponent is playing I spoil all the late game cards away and getting LoA, Jace, Kitchenfinks, Threads of Disloyality. I play LoA 1st turn he is answering it with this weird hound which can only attack or block if another creature is doing the same. So I use LoA play an Island and say go. He plays a Watchwolf. I was getting my 3rd Land playin man o war which is bouncing his Watchwolf. After that he played a Sea Drake Ill bounce it again with Venser after this he played Watchwolf i bounced it with Jace. The whole game was under my control he had to bounce 2 lands and couldnt do much. So he conceded after losing the wolf to my threads.

3rd Game: THis was a rly intense game. Hes starting with Goblin Guide showing me a land. I play a land and say go. Hes dropping a watchwolf again. I play Wall of Roots and using the mana from the wall for rancor (so he couldnt attack with both creatures) unfortunatly he plays a tribal flames for 4 on the wall so bye bye and 5 dmg for me. After that I play kitchen finks going to 10. He draw rancor and played it on the watchwolf going to attack me for 7. I block the wolf with my finks and was ok with going to 10 again and block the guide next turn, BUT he cast a gaea´s might on his goblin for +4/+4 dropping me to 2 gaining 2 life from finks going to 4. Here was the point. IF he had played it on the watchwolf(which got trample thanks to rancor) he would have both guys and could attack me for lethal next turn. But the wolf died and I was able to stabilize me on 4. From now on he dosent draw much EXCEPT for a Black Vise which dropped me to 2. One round later I was able to cast Wake Thrasher + Rancor so I didnt get dmg from the Vise. Jace on the board was the key for my win. I fatesealed his bolt away and let his land on top of his library. My Thrasher could attack for 7 and after that for 9 (thx to rancor he was also trampling + Man O War + Jotun Grunts which get captured by my threads again :D

gg´s.

TeKo

TeKo (UWb Control) vs MrGreen (5c Zoo)
2 - 1
Puh I cant remember anything from the games playe 10min ago...

G1: first turn Land Tax but cant use it the whole game. He plays some 1 drops and beat me down I destroy some with EE@1 and after some time he concedes.

G2: 2 Land hand with Edict and Path but he beats me down with more and more 1 drops and I cant draw enough lands and he counterd some of my spells so he kills me with Loam Lion.

G3: He plays some 1 drops and I need more Lands but I can stabilize at 6 Life with Maze, resolve a Ancest Vision  and kill his 2/1 Soldier and Figure with EE.
So he concedes.

ggs and thx for playing

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (Hypergenesis) - GoblinPileDriver (DomainZoo): 2-1

In the first game I remember having some sort of mana issues and I believe got hit by a wasteland too.

In the second game got a fourth turn cascade into Hypergenesis and loads of big guys.

In the last game GoblinPileDriver got a fast start and got all kinds of critters on the board. I accelerated a depletion land into Sneak Attack and played Kaervek as for defense on his turn, but that got removed with Path to Exile. My last creature via Sneak Attack was Child of Alara (bad card in this deck really) but this time it shone and paved the way for my other critters which I promptly was now able to hard cast.

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (Hypergenesis) - MrGreen (Little Naya Zoo): 2-0

I Show and Telled a second or third turn Purity and Jonas conceded as he claimed that didn't have a proper spot removal for that.

In the second game a landtutored with couple of fetchlands and Wirewood Guardian to 3 swamps and played a third turn Beseech the Queen. I chose Demonic Dread and on the next turn had plethora of pretty good creatures in play.

"I always loved the fatties."

Pennywise

Pennywise(Gbw Elves) - Coldcrow (B/W?)

Those games where pretty fast, we were playing at lightspeed ;)
Game 1: I had the perfect curve and he didn't have the removal (this game lasts 5 min)
Game 2: I had only some small elves but Overrun (this game lasts 5min 40sec)

Thx for playing.

marchhare

TeKo (uwb-control) - marchhare (fire) 0-2

I start t1 with tattermunge maniac, and play the next card only on turn 4 ( giant solifuge, countered by mana drain  >:( ).
He filters with scroll rack and plays glen elendra super mage after some other spells (mana from drain), which i kill with  ft-kavu and tatter attack.
i forgot what he did the next turn, but i had to decide between skizzik and arc slogger (6 mana), he didnt counter the skizzik and fell down to 6 life.
He was able to handle the skizzik, next turn i play arc slogger with 2 lands open and he plays gifts ungiven during his turn, but concedes with 2 mana available.

G2 i start with stigma lasher, which shows him catholic education, he has scroll rack and anc. visions.
the turn before his visions resolves i play black vise in order to deal him 3 damage ( he had ca. 12 life and 4 cards eot), but then get the information that the oracle text lets the trigger go at the beg. of upkeep on the stack  :o .
he plays ghostly prison/ coalition relic / propaganda and cryptic command in order to bounce the vise (he claims to be low on mana and has to discard after the visions. i dodge his counters by attacking with the lasher or playing direct damage spells eot (in order to avoid tempo loss by wrath of god etc. )
the turn before he concedes he plays day of j. for goblin guide (last creature in play after lasher was blocked by aven mindcensor), i play jaya ballard and countryside crusher with one land being barbarian ring and him having 2 life left.

thanks for the games, i was surprised how dangerous rdw can be when i played against it some weeks ago and build this deck before the game to try it out.

marchhare

phyytthu (5c-hypergenesis) - marchhare (5c-control) 0-2

g1 i keep a hand with 2 counters and wait until he plays a cascade spell to counter the first.
after reaching enough 4 mana i start wasteland/lftl-ing his manabase, which doesnt work properly because he 
hardcasts thraximundar at some time  :o .
thraxi and bloodbraid elf are about to bring my life total down, but ive got karakas for the legend.
after killing his shriekmaw (who killed my glen elendra archmage) with lightning helix im at 6 life and he concedes
some rounds later when i have survival, mindcensor and some other creatures in play.

g2 i keep a hand with manadrain, 2 blue duals, lftl, library plus some random cards. i draw a weathered wayfarer who 
gets wasteland t2 to slow him down. unfortunately he manages to resolve eureka and drops down 5 fatties (inter alia
platinum angel, emp. archangel, bogarden hellkite and woodfall primus  :o )
i can drop 2 flyers to chumpblock.
im able to get 7 cards in hand (all lands) via lftl and activate library --> another land obv. and survive his attack
by blocking with my weenie team. then i draw  ... demonic tutor !  ;D i search for and play treachery and fall down 
on 1 life (elves of deep shadow), without the elves id have had to use ancient tomb  :-X ) and persuade platinum angel

In fear of ingot chewer or some other solution ( dont know what cards he plays ) i go on destroying his mana base,
first of all red duals and he concedes the next turn when i draw tainted pact (we also wanted to sleep  :P)

thanks for the games.