Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IX

Started by Vazdru, 28-02-2010, 08:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzledmage

OK - thanks for the clarification. Those games appear to have been very dramatic!

coldcrow

coldcrow (UBW-ArmageddonControl) 2 : 0 Nastaboi (Hypergenesis)

Game 1:

Nastaboi goes to 6 cards then spoils for 2. I keep a pretty good hand with thoughtseize, mana tithe, ample mana and glen elendra. Thoughtseize on the second turn reveals Iona and captured sunlight. At this moment i wasn't too sure if his deck is a crossbreed between hypergenesis and reanimator so I chose sunlight. Nastaboi goes on with transmuting house guard into eureka which runs promptly into mana tithe. Next turn he is transmuting clutch for bloodbraid. I hold force, glen and intuition, so I use intuition and search for twist, hymn and addle. Addle gets rid of bloodbraid and I transmute shred memory for DT which elicits an "obv." from nastaboi  :P
He topdecks Broodmate and plays it. I am again thinking of forcing it but that would have been a huge mistake. Instead I use DT for Damnation and play a CIP land. Next turn i go down to 7 while nastaboi transmutes brainspoil for baneslayer.
Damnation clears the board and I force the Angel. Now Nasta is out of gas but continues to play lands so the looming threat of hardcasted Iona becomes real. I play Glen then Shadowmage and see enough cards to use trinket-map-wasteland and then memory lapse,venser,edict.
Transmuting game!

Game 2:

This was WAY less a fight than game 1, due to nastaboi being colour- and manascrewed.
He is stuck on 2 lands with a wrong coloured depletion land (holding violent outburst). I Vindicate the skerry and take control of the game. Clique gets rid of the outburst and I dig a bit with impulse and thirst finding Sorin and then the ultimate finisher , Desolation Angel.

Good games.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Hypergenesis vs. derStefan82 Oath

2 - 0

First game is juiciest ever. Stefan gets turn 2 Oath, and I topdeck and play Forbidden Orchard of my own, giving him token at the beginning of his end step*. The top card of my deck is Darksteel Colossus. Stefan rolls his eyes in disbelief and gets down a Pernicious Deed. Next time my Oath reveals Bayou and underneath it Bogardan Hellkite. I giggle frantically as I imagine Stefan shaking his head, thinking "this is not happening, he cannot just hit his both fatties from the top". He does something and scoops it up, not really knowing yet what I play.

This time Stefan begun with Tundra, Mox Diamond, Lim-Dûl's Vault at my turn, going down to 14 and still not confident with his top five. We both play some lands couple of turns until I cascade into Hypergenesis turn before he could play his Natural Order. He sees what I am playing and gives me props. No luck for him this time.

*Someone better get a good acronym for that pretty fast.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Domain-aggro)     vs     derStefan82 (Oath)
2:1

Game1: Stefan is beginning
T1:                                           --  Fyndhorn Elves
T2:  Forbidden Orchard        --   Lotus Cobra + Jund Hackblade
T3:  Infest                          --
T4:  Ponder                            --  Sarkhan Vol(get Mana Tithe)
T5: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale  --  Trygon Predator
T6:                                           --  Joiner Adept
T7: transmuting(Muddle t. Mixture) to Demonic T.  --
T8: Demonic Tutor                --   Rancor(get Negate)
T9:  Wrath of God                  --  Demonic Tutor ...

Stefans Infest destroyed my board completly. Sarkhan Vol get a Mana Tithe. I played two small critters and with the tokens from Stefans Orchard I started beating at Stefans Life. Stefan ended this with Demonic and Wrath. I topdecked Demonic, good work deck.

Game2:  Stefan is beginning takes mulligan to 6
T1:                                           --  AEther Vial
T2: Sylvan Scrying(Khalni Garden)  --  Steward of Valeron + Fyndhorn Elf
T3: Life from the Loam           --  Burning-Tree Shaman
T4: Natural Order ->Progenitus      --
T5: Vesuva-> Khalni Garden  + Polymorph ->Hellkite Overlord  ...

Stefan played Natuarl Order to Progenitus and Polymorpgh to Hellkite Overlord. Meanwhile I was flooded.

Game3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:                                             --  Library of Alexandria
T2:  Watchwolf                         --  Demonic Tutor
T3:  Winter Orb + Fyndhorn Elves  --  Mishra's Factory
T4:                                              --  Sylvan Scrying(Tabernacle)
T5: Wasteland(get Stifle)         --  The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
T6:                               --
T7: Tribal Flames(get Remand) +  Tribal Flames

Flooded again. My only critter was Watchwolf, only Winter Orb saved me from Stefans Library. At the end Tribal Flames for the last 5 life.(Again!)
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

derStefan82

Comment on the game against Nastaboi. Was really the most exciting match I had with my oath deck ever.
I hold hand with Oath correct Mana some Counter and Pulse of Tangle, cool. He played 2 rounds tapped lands
with no blue in it so I could go relaxed into my Oath second turn (with backup daze on hand).
Then next turn he plays Orchard from top and I thought lucky guy but still possible. Next turn he made
token in my turn and reveals top card Darksteel Colossus so I thought damn guy what are you doing (so
much luck can't be possible for one guy so he has build an good working anti-deck or ...). Next turn
he revealed land and Bogadan Hellkite and I gave up, can't realize what he is doing...
In game 2 I found out how his deck works cause in game 1 he only played my Oath much more successfully
then me...

peeler

peeler (4c zoo) 2 vs Buddaq (GW enchnatress/Tokenmania) 1

First game i could play doran turn 2 and Dark confindant as follow up but he has luminarchs ascension, Cyrad dryad an academy rector and i got no more lands, so i scooped.

Second game he got screwd an my waste land made it even worse so i could drive it home with my guys.

Third game i put prasure on the board an after garruk i had ravages of war, he got hgostly prison and some token but i find enough land to win it befor he came back to game.

Noviomagus

Noviomagus ( RG-Beatz ) vs. Tabris ( UG Ramp ) 

Noviomagus won 2:1

1st Game

Just remembering that I had a good beginning with skyshrout elite and scab clan mauler round 1 and 2. Drawing lot of Lands round3 to 7  just made it impossible to keep the pressure up until the end.  He started out with mana accelaration as far as I can remember ( Bird + somthing else, mid game, Garruk and troll ascetic and kitchen finks on his side were too mighty.

0:1

2nd game

It was a close one. Pressure by my side in the beginning with kird ape, Keldon marauders and mire Boa. Magus of the Moon took away his blue mana. As the board turnen at round 5 to 8 something to his favour ( troll ascetic, another critter with grafted wargear ) I could manage to reduce his life remaining ( something about 8 ) with char, volcanix hammer and shock. One  more round I would have had lost.

1:1

3rd game

I started this one out with mountain + kird ape and on turn 2 fire lit thicket and jungle lion + wild nacatl. He begun slowly, with just a mana fixer on round 2 ( sakure tribe elder )who killed the ape which still was 1/1, because I was screwed with just a  mountain and fire lit- thicket. Seemed that he was slightly flooded ( in return ;) but managed to pop out some critters ( again troll ascetic I think ) and an early serendeeb efreet which helped me in the end ... Same developpement as in game one, mid - game, the board just turned to his favor but I could win with PoP and my new best friend "Serendeb Efreet."

cheers

MrGreen

MrGreen 5C Domain Zoo vs. Pennywise Gub Elves 2:1
G1: He got some small Elves and later added the bad ones which made all bigger (Elvish Archdruid etc.)
G2: I dont remember this one
G3: I put a strong army on the table (Doran, Sygg, Matca Rioters) and had a lot of counter backup left on hand. He just got some small elves. 

MrGreen 5C Domain Zoo vs. Noviomagus RG Beats 2:0
G1: I had a Grunt. Grafted Wargear and Curse Scroll on his side. He played Wild Nactle and equipped it. In my upkeep I bounced the Wargear with Chain of Vapor. His Nacatle died and there were exactly 6 cards in the garves to remove them with Grunt. Grunt attacked a last round and brought him down to 3. Fire Ambush did the rest.
G2: Both were outsourced and we had to play from the top of the library. I got and Wake Tharsher with enough lands. I had a Wargear left and played 2 creatures. Both died by blocking Wake Tharasher. Next turn the Thrasher dealt enough damage to kill him.

r4nd0m1z3r

Oath 2:1 Goblin Piledriver [Domain-aggro]

If I remember correctly,...

... G1 I have Oath and Demonic in my starting hand and he starts with Dragonskull Summit, so I figure I tutor for Force and wait for him to play a creature. However, he turns out to be very reluctant to commit any dudes to the board, instead bashing me with his Treetop Village. I play my Scroll Rack and start working it. I finally come up with a Condemn to take out his Tree, as he plays SoF/I, followed by Phantom Centaur. I go Oath with Cryptic and Force backup, so I tap his creature and counter his O-Ring. I oath into Archangel and Mystical Teachings. I play my 8th land and pass. My angel absorbs his next attack and Rolling Earthquake for 1 finishes it off, but eot I flashback Teachings for Crop Rotation for Academy Ruins (Stronghold was in my Gy already), which allows me to oath into Eternal Witness without any risk of decking myself. Witness gets Demonic, which gets Life for Stronghold. I add a Solitary Confinement to the board FTW.

G2 he beats me down with Nacatl, Pridemage, Finks, Civic Wayfinder, before I can utilize my Explosives, let alone the double Wrath I was holding.

G3 he starts with Vial, which I answer with Needle, but then he slams Survival on the table and suddenly I see my chances to win this match dwindling. All I have is a Lat Nams Legacy, which draws 2 lands, but he misses his 3rd landdrop. Instead, he adds LLanowar Elves and Quasali Pridemage to the table over the next 2 turns. I play Ghastly Demise on his Elf to tap him out and he responds by destroying my Needle with his Mage. This, however, enables me to take out his Survival with my Explosives without any Witness shenanigans. He plays a Top and uses his Vial to get Ravenous Baloth out, but I have Condemn for his beast and topdeck Gifts Ungiven. I get Life, Tolaria West, Secluded Steppe and Academy Ruins. So, I can use Academy Ruins to get back Needle for his Vial (cheaper than EE). Next turn, I return Explosives and play it for 1, and as he tries to draw a card with his Top, I destroy his Vial and Top and my Needle. I transmute for Pact of Negation and start building a hand again with Life. Next, I return Scroll Rack with Ruins and play it before I transmute Tolaria West again, this time for Wasteland. He doesnt draw another land and I gladly accept his concession.  ;D ;D

The_Ocean

The_Ocean vs. Nastaboy
I win 2:1

I don't remember much, just that on the the last game he mulled to 4 on the play so that game wasn't too good, but the others where closed.

TeKo

TeKo (GW Elves!) vs The_Ocean (Reanimator)
2-1

G1: Got him down to 1 with some Elves+Lord and him Reanimating Hellkite and cleaning my Board.
I need a W Source to win with Path but cant get it for the Rest of the game and got beaten down by some Fatties.

G2: Early ManaElves+Eladamri and him Reanimating a Woodfall Primus who never attacked to stop Eladamri from attacking.
Got him down to 1 but he Body Doubles Ancestors Chosen to go up to 8.
After my Turn he is at 1 again and he conceds-

After a short smoking/toilett break...

G3: I kept a slower hand but some Elves+Eladamri got him under 10, but then he Doubles Ancestor gaining him 7 life.
After some time I got Staff+Roffelos on the Board but with only 4 Forests he EEs at 2 and my top card was a Forest ;)
I play Kamahl and Overrun him to 1 life. Next turn I could play Proclamation + Visionary and Channeler with Staff and Greaves in play

peeler

Peeler (4c Zoo) 2 vs Cedzho (boros) 0

Game1
I got many 1drops (Kird ape, white krid ape, isamaru, wild nacatle) after a while he started to reduce them with his arcslogger but he was on low life so he couldnt start damage race and his libary was going to end my burning tree shaman stands angain his arcslogger and the i draw sarkan vol 4 the win

Game2
Classic damage race wich i win because auf Sword of light and shadow....

Nastaboi

Quote from: The_Ocean on 16-03-2010, 11:28:00 PM
The_Ocean vs. Nastaboy
I win 2:1

I played Hypergenesis, he Reanimator. I won the roll and cascaded into Hypergenesis turn 3, putting into battlefield DS Colossus, Spiketail Drake and Woodfall Primus. His Phantom Nishoba gave him couple of turns until I played Bituminous Blast into Demonic Dread, removing all his blockers.

He got fast Desolation Angel 2nd game, killing my depletion land. I got 4th turn Kathari Remnant all along, but he had Force of Will for 'genesis as well. Recurring Nightmare threatened to kill rest of my lands, but I topdecked Eureka in last possible moment. He bazaared his hand away, played his last card (Tainted Pact), and hit Daze.

I mulled to 4 last game. He got fast Iona calling green. I had black bringer in hand but drew Vivid land and could not play it soon enough to dig for answers.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

coldcrow

coldcrow (B/W Control) 2 : 0 peeler (4c Zoo)

Game 1:

I begin the game with a hand containing hymn,path,gatekeeper and rector :), so I am not overly concerned about his Vial. Hymn nets wickerbough and a land. He builds an army with fyndhorn and baneslayer who get eaten by Keeper and Path. Meanwhile I drew an Exalted Angel , and play it unmorphed. That forces him to attack into my Rector with his Rumbling Slum. While searching my Library I realize I cut the bargain , so fetters were the next best. (Probably best in that situation anyways). Yet he draws the best creature ever (Pridemage) and keeps attacking. Then the Maze I was holding back nullifies his SoFI and second creature while the Angel goes the distance. Even Sarkhan could not overcome.

Game 2:

Again pretty good hand (Finks, Tabernacle, mortify). He starts slow with the new manlands, so I get ample time to build mana with a signet. Doran becomes mortified, then finks draw a chain lightning and finally chumping the leech. Life counters still 20:15 in my favor! The dust Bowl I drew + Tabernacle eats some of his mana then Sorin joins the party and the game is really over when I draw an additonal Magus of the Tabernacle.

Short games.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC vs Derstefan oath/natural order

Game 1: He mulls down to 4, but i have no idea what is playing until he plays natural order, i had complete game control (until that) and i thought i was a gonner, since i have very few answers for progenitus, luckily he played empyrial archangel, and i dropped glen + trygon + factory + helix for dead angel. In the end he revealed progenitus on his hand. lucky me. Would have lost if he hadn't progenitus on hand (or if he hadn't mull to 4?!)

Game 2: Quick match on his part, 2nd turn oath, 3rd turn orchard, revealing hellkite overlord, next turn, oath activated for progenitus. No WOG on my part, so his game. Although i managed to kill a gifts with aven mindcensor. :)

Game 3: He went for a very early oath but i had pridemage. After that with ajani on the table i kept 1 land tapped and he was stuck on 4 lands. There was a bit of counter-war and in the end i was able to play ajani's ultimate for a nice geddon effect he had stifle, but i had a counter.

In all 3 games i had furnace which prevented him to go LFTL crazy (specially on 1st where he used his demonic tutor to get it...)

Sorry for the low details, but it was played yesterday.
Nice games, apart from his unlucky 1st game.