Main Menu

Season IX - brainstorming

Started by Vazdru, 01-02-2010, 11:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

any suggestions, proposals or just thoughts to Season IX?

should we change anything?

everythings welcome
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

-jFk-

Hi,

I played for the first time in season VIII and first of all I want to say "Thank You" to VazDru who spared neither efford nor his trading folder to make this a succes in having fun and playing some nice Highlander Magic. Further thanks to Stefan who sponsored that great price (Abyss).
And that's also what I wanted to suggest for the next season. I wouldn't change anything about the "official rules" but I thought that it is not too much for me to give a small contribution to the league and I would ask any participant, who is able and willing, to do so as well. That shouldn't be any disadvantage for the ones who don't and I would keep it completely volutary. But think about it:
10, 5 or 2.5â,¬ should be affordable for most of You (especially over a period of several month!) and it makes the league quite a bit better, when in the end we have decent prices (maybe for the whole Top8).
Also I think it's a very good idea (by the way a suggestion by Sturmgott) to give away random prices e.g. for everyone who has played all of his matches (and otherwise wouldn't get a price) to motivate those who don't see a big chance to get into price ranks.
I don't want to push anybody but I think You should think about it.

derStefan82

Hi, first of all of course thanks to you vazdru for all work to make it happen. I think we had a league where really lots of
players where able to play almost all or lots of their games. I think this is great and perhabs the price support is a small
part of it, as well as the nice players and the high quality decks ;).
I think from the gaming perspective there is no need to change the current process, from the price perspective I would say it
should be a free to give. The random price for someone who finished his game is a great idea to make it more interesting
(as it should be in general) to finish all games and as the priority of the league is more decktesting and see lots of decks
then to become the ultimate highlander this fits well into the strategy (my opinion).

Tabris

I agree completely with JFK furthermore a big "thank you" to the people who spend their time to organize
this event. I enjoyed the games and looking forward to play more.

grizzledmage

Quote from: -jFk- on 02-02-2010, 12:39:40 AM
Hi,

And that's also what I wanted to suggest for the next season. I wouldn't change anything about the "official rules" but I thought that it is not too much for me to give a small contribution to the league and I would ask any participant, who is able and willing, to do so as well. That shouldn't be any disadvantage for the ones who don't and I would keep it completely volutary. But think about it:
10, 5 or 2.5â,¬ should be affordable for most of You (especially over a period of several month!) and it makes the league quite a bit better, when in the end we have decent prices (maybe for the whole Top8).
Also I think it's a very good idea (by the way a suggestion by Sturmgott) to give away random prices e.g. for everyone who has played all of his matches (and otherwise wouldn't get a price) to motivate those who don't see a big chance to get into price ranks.
I don't want to push anybody but I think You should think about it.

No I haven't participated in the league for a while (nor is that likely to change for the next go-round  :() but I agree that -jfk-'s suggestions have a lot of merit.

In our local playgroup, participants contribute to the nightly and "Grand Prize" money funds, and Grand Prize (typically a dozen booster packs of a current set)raffle chances are earned with a combination of attendance and win/loss records. So people can have a good chance of winning as long as they show up, even if they lose every match they play. Seems to be working quite well.

Vazdru

k - let's have a price-fund for Season IX ?!

suggestion:

everyone can send me rares and/or transfer money for price-fund (just send me a pm and i'll give ya the bank details)

everyone who has given anything will be mentioned namely including what is going into the pool

this is absolutely voluntarily - there aren't any drawbacks for someone who do not put anything in the price-fund, that means he will attend to price payout like everyone else

in the end there will be prices for Top 3 and the three most active players during a season (combination of match- and/or gamecount, game-reports, tournament-reports - what should be involved?)

sentiments?

Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Fine by me! :) I really think spreading simple prizes (even some  commom or uncommon highlander playable oldies) is a good method to keep players, playing. Specially the new ones, where they see 2 or 3 players getting 10 wins in a row and they are getting 4 or 5 losses in a row, maybe will keep them from dropping out.
Also if it were highlander playables this would mean they would have better access to theses cards for their real life decks and perhaps be more interested in playing the format (simple things like crop rotation, brainstorm, STP, phyrexian furnaces, ancient tomb, mother-of-runes, jackal pup etc, etc)

Definitely game reports should count, it's not very hard to resume a game in two or three lines if you're in a hurry.
Usually it's the winning player that writes, but if you (win) and can't write please say it so to your opponent and ask if he wouldn't mind reporting the match.

It's not that hard to give something back to the community and the members organizing the league (thanks Vazdru).

derStefan82

I agree with taking the top 3 and 3 guys finished there games and reported them. The open price-pool is a good solution in my mind.

Vazdru

registration for Season IX will be opened end of this week
Far below the earth