Main Menu

[LADDER TOURNAMENT 2009]Reports

Started by Vazdru, 13-01-2010, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Pairings: (seed)

Quarterfinals:

a) Sturmgott 3 (one) - SirGalahad 2 (eight)

b) Nastaboi 3 (four) - marchhare 2 (five)

c) Payron 3 (three) - Mythrandir 2 (six)

d) Goblinpiledriver 3 (two) - -jfk- 0 (seven)

Semifinals:

Sturmgott (one) 0 - Nastaboi (four) 3
Payron (three) 1 - Goblinpiledriver (two) 3

Highlander:

Nastaboi vs Goblinpiledriver 3:2

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Far below the earth

Vazdru

changed -jfk- is replacing firestarter

so we have (bracket = ladder pos at end of the year 2009)

1. Sturmgott (-1-)
2. Goblinpiledriver (-2-)
3. Payron (-3-)
4. Nastaboi (-6-)
5. marchhare (-7-)
6. Mythrandir (-8-)
7. -jfk- (-15-)
8. SirGalahad (-19-)
Far below the earth

Vazdru

organization finished

now it's your turn!
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5cc VS Payron Boros deck wins
2:1 (we'll play the rest another day)

Well, how shall i put this... the two of us playing was quite an "adventure"
We played so many games i can't really recall most details

game 1: Although i had some board control with collective he had ajani goldmane + some creatures and played geddon, i had bayou in hand, game crashed!! so it was dependend on our draws, but the advantag was his i guess.

Game 1': I held the board cleared, he played again ajania i played needle his MWS went all crazy although we were still both in play we couldn't do any action...

Game 1'': A tactical wasteland left him with no R and only 3 lands, and i was stuck on 3 lands as well, but had avenmindcensor in play, doran and pride. so i killed him, eventually.

Game 2: Although i was able to hold the board for a while (via maze) he had a exalted angel + bone spliter and a 1/1 token with SoFI, i drew 8lands out of 10 draws... so it was his game.

Game 3: He starts fast but again i able to stabilize a little bit, but then his MWS went all crazy again (no reaction to the buttons). I believe he had the upper hand in the match, since he had good board pressure and i was starting to going to the red line.

Game 3': I was able to hold him at bay, andwhen he had lads of board advtanage (2x creatures + equipment + cursed scroll) i drew into pernicious deed. :D and then glen + aven mindcensor he had a full "leveled up" FoD, but i drew fire/ice, tapped the FoD and won.

game 4: He was again screw. but had two 1/1 i went for inu«tuition -> LFTL + wasteland + maze, killed his only plateau and had a jund charm for his 2 1/1 but game crashed.

And that's it, we were both to tired to carry o, so we decided to leave it for another day.

On one of the crashed games he had a blood moon! Sorry for the short descriptions, but with so many games, didn't recall aeverything.

Payron

Mythrandir 5cc VS Payron Boros deck wins

we played today our next matches:

first: I had solid start with Isamaru which got handled at his first attack with a corp rotaion on Karakas. I startet beating then with Kami of the ancient law and layed down Sulforic Vortex. In the end he was just flooded and hadn t enough removel to handle the board.

Second game: I startet with a instant Suntail Hawk to start some damage, in the meanwhile he tapped some lands with his Port. I could cast some spells and won in the end just because he was screwed :(

I am sry for the damn flood / screw games .. I also hate it :(

so in the end I won with 3:2

thx for games anyways

Vazdru

updated

Payron is first semi-finalist

One week to go for the other guys to play their quarterfinals!
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 22-02-2010, 09:28:18 PM
updated

Payron is first semi-finalist

One week to go for the other guys to play their quarterfinals!

Can anyone plz explain me why no other quarterfinal has been played yet? Trouble-shooting?! Is it a matter of motivation or anything else?
Far below the earth

GoblinPiledriver

The problem is just time:

1.week jfk had no time, 2nd week he had to learn for exam, 3.week i wasn't reguarly in the internet, at the 4. week he was in Chemnitz at the weekend.
So there were several contacts, but there wasn't an appointment for 1 or 2hours play.

Messages I received:

-jFk- ‎(07.02.2010 20:14):
sorry jetzt nich

-jFk- ‎(14.02.2010 16:54):
hi, ich schreibe morgen noch meine letzte klausur, wofür ich jetzt noch lernen muss. nächste woche sollten wir das aber auf jeden fall hinbekommen... da hab ich dann zeit

-jFk- ‎(18.02.2010 14:48):
moin... heute hab ich höchstens abends zeit aber vielleicht können wir uns ja für morgen abend verabreden

-jFk- ‎(26.02.2010 13:55):
ich fahre jetzt übers wochenende weg.. ich könnte dort versuchen mir heute oder morgen abend ein inetcafe zu suchen... dann müsste ich aber schon vorher wissen ob du da bist

-jFk- ‎(27.02.2010 17:19):
war unterwegs inna stadt und hab kein inet-cafe gefunden

-jFk- ‎(27.02.2010 17:20):
heute abend schaff ichs wohl doch nich
kann hier auch mit meinem laptop nicht ans inet ran
wenn ich nochn inetcafe (morgen) finde versuch ichs vielleicht tagsüber nochmal... ansonsten komme ich montag zurück nach berlin
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

at least you are trying...  ;)

all of you get another week for the quarterfinals; if there is still an open one i will shedule a date (in that case both competitors are welcome to send me some suggestions)
Far below the earth

Nastaboi

Been extremely busy lately. Had a vacation last week but no hear from marchhare then. But yes, it's all about time.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Nastaboi

Nastaboi High Tide vs. Marchhare 5c Goodstuff Control

2 - 2

The deciding game shall take place today. Detailed report will follow, stay tuned.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Quote from: Nastaboi on 04-03-2010, 09:05:25 AM
Nastaboi High Tide vs. Marchhare 5c Goodstuff Control

2 - 2

The deciding game shall take place today. Detailed report will follow, stay tuned.

Marchhare could you please post your decklist, after the Tournament ladder, i'm curious to see it. Thanks :D

marchhare

sure :P plus the changes caused by worldwake, if someones interested we could discuss it in the forum  ;)

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Domain-aggro)      vs      -jFk- (WW)
3:0

Game1: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:  Mox Diamond + Watchwolf  --  Elite Vanguard
T2: Vindicate(Plains)                   -- 
T3: Winter Orb                              --  Leonin Skyhunter
T4: Rafiq of the Many                   --   Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
T5: Ajani Vengeant      ...

Watchwolf + Rafiq sealed the game quickly.

Game2: jfk is beginning
T1: Savannah Lions                 --   Burst Lightning
T2: Goldmeadow Harrier + Burrenton Forge-Tender  --  Gaea's Skyfolk
T3: Leonin Skyhunter               --  Knight of the Reliquary
T4: Serra Avenger                    --  Jenara, Asura of War
T5:                                              --  Blightning + Jund Hackblade
T6: Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers            --  Demonic Tutor + Magma Jet(prevented by Forge Tender)
T7: Soltari Priest                       --  Tribal Flames ....

Jenara + Knight were just too big for the white Creatures  but both suffered from Goldmeadow Harrier, while Serra Avenger started beating at me. At the end Blightning + Tribal Flames brought jfk to exact 0.

Game3: jfk is beginning
T1:                                             --   Aether Vial
T2: Leonin Skyhunter              --   Bitterblossom + Noble Hierarch
T3: Wasteland(Taiga) + Kami of the Ancinet Law(Bitterblossom)  --  Doran, the Siege Tower
T4: Chrome Mox(Jotun Grunt) + Ranger of the Eos(Mother + Figure)
T5: Oblivion Ring(Aether Vial) + Mother o.R.  --  Oblivion Ring(Mother)
T6: Eight-and-a-Half-Tails        --  Baneslayer Angel
T7: Figure of Destiny + Akrasan Squire  --  Bloodbraid Elf(Survival) + survival Genesis to FtK.
T8:  Knight of the White Orchid  --  Garruk Wildspeaker
T9: Sword to Plowshares          --  survival Genesis to Pestermite + Pestermite

jfk played Ranger of Eos, I played Doran. He used Oblivion Ring against my Vial(did he really knowed that I had Genesis and Baneslayer Angel in my hand), I used my O.Ring against his Mother of Runes. At the end Bloodbraid Elf + Flametongue Kavu supported by Pestermite ended it.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.