Main Menu

WWK - Spoiler

Started by Zephyr, 19-12-2009, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyr

We know 4 (3 new) cards and each seems very playable to me:
Jace, the Mind Sculptor 2UU
Planeswalker
[+2]: Look at the top card of target player's library. You may put that card on the bottom of that player's library.
[+0]: Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
[-1]: Return target creature to its owner's hand.
[-12]: Exile all cards from target player's library, then that player shuffles his or her hand into his or her library.

The best blue PW, what else can I say? Brainstorm for zero loyalty counters? OMGWTF I want this card! He starts on 5 counters with 4 from good to sick abilities, this means he´s probably the best walker EVER!!! Ultimate ability wins game by itself, yes, this is a Chase Rare!

Leatherback Baloth GGG
Creature - Beast
Vannila
4/5

Imho, this is very good card for MGA. 2nd tarmogoyf which wouldn´t be crippled by Relic of progenitus or any graveyard removal? I want playset of this (and Thibir too I think :D).

Celestial Colonnade
Land   
Celestial Colonnade enters the battlefield tapped.
T : Add U or E to your mana pool.
3UW: Until end of turn, Celestial Colonnade becomes a 4/4 white and blue Elemental creature with flying and vigilance. It's still a land.

Hmm, land which attack and could be used to produce mana after that, for example for StP or PtE on opponents Baneslayer or Tombstalker?  Playable!

GoblinPiledriver

The best Planeswalker ever?
No.

Elspeth, Garruk and Ajani Vengeant are also there.
Elspeth comes into play with 4 counters gives +3/+3 and evasion directly after appearing. Also she gives 1/1 when you don`t have creatures.
Garruk gives 2 mana or 3/3 creatures. Both things you really need.
Ajani Vengeant handles perfect single creatures. And kills with Lighning Helix creatures.

I think these Planeswalker are all better then the 2.Jace. Brainstorm for 4 Mana isn't good enough and if you want to controll opponent creatures then Jace is empty soon. The +2 ability doesn't change the board position. And the ultimate cost 12 counters and so it is very unlikly to play it.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Mythrandir

well, best PW ever is a bit too much, don't you think?
It starts with only 3 counters (so in range of a lot of burn) the + ability really sucks IMO. the Brainstorm for zero is great, better than (old) jace's 2nd ability. The ultimate needs a lot of turns to charge and bearing in mind the only + ability it has really sucks a bit, i don't think we'll bee seeing it (the ultimate) very much. Howevrt, yes probably a chase rare, a PW, is always a PW so it will see sought after. Im still thinkig of wheter this one or keeping the older jace in my 5CC.
but yes, definitely playable, combos well with lorescale coatzl (or what's its name... :P)

The vanilla creature is great in MGA, great 2dn turn drop for it (if you  have the mana accel..)

The land, yeap. Manlands are always great, a bit too much to activate (for my deck) but will definitely see some play.

Zephyr

Now I´m looking on Jace again and he isn´t as good as I thought... But still very playable :)

GoblinPiledriver

Playable yes.
Very good on a stalled battlefield. The only problem on him is that you doesn't want to use the +2 ability, due to the fact that a Brainstorm is a very good option and fatesteal is just boring.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

Lavaclaw Region
Land    Rare
Lavaclaw Region comes into play tapped.
{T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.
1{B}{R}: Until end of turn, Lavaclaw Region becomes a 2/2 red and black Elemental creature with "{X}: This creature gets +X/+0 until end of turn. It's still a land.

A new Land for 5CC. A Land which can use all the Mana you got, to kill the opponent quick on empty field. Supported by Crucible of Worlds, a very good weapon.

Joraga Warcaller      G
Creature - Elf Warrior    Rare
Multikicker 1{G}
Joraga Warcaller enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each time it was kicked.
Other Elf creatures you control get +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on Joraga Warcaller.

The new first elf in the elves deck.

Wind Zendikon            U
Enchantment - Aura    Common
Enchant land
Enchanted Land is a 2/2 Blue Elemental Creature with flying. It's still a land.
When enchanted land is put into a graveyard, return that card to it's owner's hand.

Nice card. 2 Mana 2/2 flying haste. Mana draining a little bit. I think this card is exatly the card which Mono-U-Skies needs. Cheap aggresive 2 damage with haste. 

Dragonmaster Outcast             R
Creature - Human Shaman    Mythic Rare
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control six or more lands, put a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying onto the battlefield.

This card seems overpowered. Ranger of Eos to Scute Mob and Dragonmaster Outcast.
Reminds me of Scute Mob, but on the powerlevel he reminds more of Tarmogoyf. Has WOTC gone to far?
How do you think this card will change any format(especially highlander)?

Mythrandir

Yeap, that land reminds me a bit of psychtog, just clean the board and kill in 1 or 2 attacks. All the manlands will be playable in Highlander IMO (even though we dont know yet what they do... onyl their activation costs)

As for the oucaster, it feels powerful, but it probably fails in a real game. it's a bad first turn drop. Only good after turn 6 (or later, or earlier, if you have land accel) and it still needs to survive a full turn. It's easily killable.
I think it's a very interesting design, and will probably be sought after, specially early on. But, IMO, ii won't change our formart ;) Playable? Yes!! Broken, my guess is no (but i've been wrong before ;D)

Also, there are other interesting cards:

Lodestone golem
Artifact Creature - Golem 
Nonartifact spells cost 1 more to cast
5/3

And

WW
Creature - Kor Soldier 
Protection from Red
Whenever a player casts a Red spell, you may gain 1 life.
2/2

Payron

The core is realy a intresting if you expect a lot of RDW or red based Decks in your Meta and you play WW but I don t know for sure because against all other Decks he is just 2/2 for 2

The lands all seem kind of intresting but I am not sure because everybody needs to look out for nonbasiclands hate, therefore only the best manlands will see play IMO.

The Golem could be fun in a Staxx deck, BUT with thoughness 2 he isn t rly a wall. so I am no sure if he will see play.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Payron on 16-01-2010, 01:42:17 PM
The core is realy a intresting if you expect a lot of RDW or red based Decks in your Meta and you play WW but I don t know for sure because against all other Decks he is just 2/2 for 2

The lands all seem kind of intresting but I am not sure because everybody needs to look out for nonbasiclands hate, therefore only the best manlands will see play IMO.

The Golem could be fun in a Staxx deck, BUT with thoughness 2 he isn t rly a wall. so I am no sure if he will see play.

That's a typo, it's 5/3.. sorry. i´ll edit it

Payron

Helle

The Golem would have been better for Stax if it's P/T were switched. This way it fits better in some kind of aggro deck that tries to disrupt the opponent by mana denial. I'm thinking of vintage Workshop aggro here. I think it might seem some play, but there will often be better options.

Mysteries of the Deep (C) - 4U
Instant   
Draw two cards.
Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, draw three cards instead.

I'm happy to see instant card draw again! To make it good in HL, you'll need almost all fetchlands, meaning your probably playing 4-5 colours. But having acess to all colours, there'll probably be better cards to play (besides Nastaboi's Battle of the Wits Deck maybe ;)).
What do you think?

I'm not really excited about WWK right now. I hope there's coming some more...

Mythrandir

5 mana for 2 cards don't really excite me... 3 cards if you have a fetch!
I think that's what WOTC call fair for card drawing... :P