Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

once again.....

Let's get ready to rumble!

Gl and enjoy!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

MrGreen

First Match
MrGreen UGWB Survival vs Vazdru UGb Survival 2:1

G 1
I played Noble Hierarch and he removed it with Swords to Plowshares. I played Grazing Gladeheart he and he took it with Treachery. He played Glen Alendra Archmage and I took it with Sower. We both played some more creatures until I got the Survival. My 6/7 Gofy ended the game.
G 2
Vazdru played first turn: Land, Mox Diamond and Lotus Cobra. I just an Island. 2nd turn: he put another land into play and played Gifts Ungiven to find Life from the Loam, Wasteland and 2 cycle lands. => concede
G 3
I put Mindcensor, Reveillark and Rafiq into game. He played Tribe Elder, Shadowmage, Cobra, Wall of Roots into. Demonic Tutor found him Shackles and he took my Mindcensor. My swords removes it from the game and Reveillarks 10 damages defeated Vazdru.

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (Bant Aggro) vs. Cadaj (5c Combo) 2:0

Game 1 I am simply too fast for him. Before I see anything relevant I have a horde of critters topped by Rafiq, enough to win.

Game 2 is a little bit tighter, he tries to set up a combo with Intuition, I hand him Regrowth, Stonecloaker in my hand. He doesn't even try to regrowth in his turn, though, I play Cloaker nonetheless, bouncing Aven Mindcensor. In my turn I Armageddon to victory.

Sturmgott (Mono White Angels) - Payron (Boros) 2:0

He aggregates masses of creatures, I defend with Wall of Reverence (which is just soooooo good), Emeria Angel, Icy Manipulator. He has Figure of Destiny, 1/1 shadow equipped with Grafted Wargear, 2/1 shadow prot. from red, Countryside Crusher (which grows to 11/11 after Armageddon later), I have Felidar Sovereign later. He has a face down creature but decides not to unmorph the Angel (?), but rather play Geddon. That leaves me with Wall, Emeria Angel, Sovereign, Tooth of Ramos and Icy Manipulator. He constantly presses damage through, but I gain obscene amounts of life thx to Wall of Reverence. Harm's Way killed his Figure when he tried to kill my Emeria Angel with Rhystic Lightning before the Armageddon. Since he has no flyers and my Emeria keeps pushing hard, his life total goes to single digits soon. When he had three lands and thus could maybe play his fourth, I tap his only Mountain in his upkeep so he cannot unmorph the Angel. I simply have to block his 11/11 Crusher with my Felidar and he has no solution for my Angel.

Game 2 he starts lighning fast with Shockland untapped, Chrome Mox (imprint Soltari Foot Soldier), Lightning Greaves. I kept a wacky hand with only colorless mana, but also Wasteland. I waste his Foundry and that was basically it. Some turns later I play Exalted Angel face down, unmorph it in my next attack. The only thing he does is play Draw-Go now (w/o playing da lands). My Ajani makes it even easier to win now - in the end the Exalted Angel was 7/8 and I was at 35 life. He resigns and reveals 4 lands in a row from the top of his library. Luck was on my side this time!

Thanks for playing, and good luck with your "Facharbeit"!

Pennywise

Tabris (Heartbeat) vs. Pennywise (Elves)0:2

Game1 I have T2 Winter Orb and Tabris never gets an disenchant

Game2 I have lots of elves and the posibility to start the combo next turn, while his Minds Desire only reveals Forest, Island and Heartbeat.

Tabris

Actually the Minds Desire was on G1 bc I was hoping for Krosan Grip ;)

on G2 he killed me one turn b4 I ve got my combo together ;(

Mythrandir

Mythandir 5CC VS irenicus RDW-gobos?
2:0

Game 1: Was pretty close. He dropped some creatures and i play sudden shock, then a glen countered an incinerate and blocked to save me from some damage. An unexpected ball lightning took me down to the critical zone, however a demonic tutor -> kitchen finks hold the game down for me. But he eventually got the red spire on mountains, but luckily i drew into a FoF which revealed me a rishadan port. In the end i dropped a doran + pridemage and that was it, 1-0 but with only 4lf points remaining for me.

Game 2: Was unforgiving for him. My initial hand consisted of maze + finks + loxodon. I even managed to pull the trap cost on the mindbreak trap (he played vexing, magus of the scrool reckless abandon on his vexing). So this one was almost impossible for him to win.

Thanks for playing.

@Sturmgott, wouldn't expected to see a Velidar hitting the board... Is the "you win" ability any relevant?

MrGreen

MrGreen UGBW Survival vs. DerStefan82 UGWB Combo 2:0
In both game I out a lot creatures into the game. He had some removal (wrath/rout/moat) but genesis and hermit druid made it easy to find a lot of utility cretures which brought the win.

peeler

peeler (GWu Enchantress) 2 vs Olord (RDW) 1

First round his deck does want it can, make creature beatdown and then burns me out.

Second round he got a slow start with LD but my acceleration and entchantments like Honden of cleansing, elephant grass and sigil of the empty thron made the game.

Third game he mulli to 6 and got srewd so my accelerated-gifts-ungiven-draw-many-cards-plays make him scoop...

Thanks for games

Sturmgott

Quote from: Mythrandir on 08-11-2009, 05:09:07 PM@Sturmgott, wouldn't expected to see a Velidar hitting the board... Is the "you win" ability any relevant?

It wasn't yet, but I just had my first match with Felidar in play. Primarily he makes it very, very hard to win for aggro decks because of the combination lifelink + vigilance.

-jFk-

-jFk- (White Weenie) vs Cadaj (5 Color something) 2:0

1st Game: He muligans down to six cards including one land which will be the last one for him this game.
2nd Game: I put out some weenies one of them aethersworn canonist which he does not realize when playing thirst for knowledge BEFORE intuition at end of turn (oh sorry: ... at the beginning of the end step). So he has to main phase intuate (lol) and thus is to slow for my overwhelming little guys.

THX for playing

And next one:

-jFk- (WW) vs Tabris (UG Aggro Control)

All 3 Games were quite tight (the last one only because of the potential on Tabris' hand). Don't really remember exact situations in the first games (they contained but were not limited to Treachery, control magic and sower of temptation in one game and fighting against elspeth and her minions, Flicker Whisp being pathed to exile by it's own master (treachery was attending), and stuff like that). About the last game I can tell exactly because it was like the best start my deck can produce (against goldy the fishyfish of cause). It looked like:
T1: vial
T2:crusade, javalineer(vial)
T3:factory, soltari champion, kami of ancient law(vial) targeting his control magic (targeting champion)
T4:Wilt-Leaf Liege
T5:Ajani
Tabris played Lorescale Coatl in Turn 3 (he also started the game) and after I destroyed is Turn 4 control magic and he couldn't counter Ajani, he played Pestermite at beginning of combat in my Turn 5 tapping soltari Champion. So I put Liege and Javalineer into the red zone untapped, then throwing the jav right in the direction of the ugly faerie. He had to block the soldier and then conceeded after finding no fast enough solution on his sixth turn.

So it was a good start into my first HLL season and I really hope it's going on like that (especially, of course, with nice guys and much fun like today)

Pennywise

Pennywise (Elves) vs Gobinpiledriver (Survival?) 1:2

First game he killed me by overpowering me small cratures with his giant Walls + Doran and clearing the board with an earthquake...

Second game he has Saffi+Crypt Champion+Caller of the Claw combo but I have Essence Warden + Maelstrom Pulse so he had no token and I was at ~10.000life when he was pacting for Jund Charm but I can get my Caller of the Claw aand kill him with 7 2/2 beaters

Third game he had a real fast start with Birds into Garruk producing Beasts and Swords to Plowshares removing my Wellwisher.
Then he played Bloodbraid Elf into Witness returning Swords...

I also made too many mistakes in the first game, 'cause I was a bit tired :`( (personal note: don't play again this late :P)

marchhare

irenicus(UB-dreamhalls) - marchhare(5c-control) 0-2

First game i slow him down then drop glen elendra archmage with U open ( i had library online) and let him hear voices from the void the following turn with misdirection backup.

G2 i drop kitchen finks T3, then knight of the reliquary, then gaddok teeg with no relevant cards left in hand, he has library (first turn) with some acceleration.

He plays many tutors, but doesnt do anything wich influences the game, until he plays duress with 11 life, ive got 10 power on the board and play fire in response so that he has to choose the left sundering vitae to be discarded.
Standing under pressure now he plays a tutor, and passes with 2 mana open.
I draw miscalculation and counter his into the roil on knight ( the roil should have been played when i didnt have any cards --> his turn   :-\ ).
Afterwards he claims that he made some wrong plays, so the game could have evolved different (he played ca. 3 tutors..)

thanks for the games; good luck and much fun for each participant  ;)

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (4C-Blood)    vs Pennywise(GB-Elves)
2:1

Game1: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:Taiga + Noble Hierach -- Forest + Nettle Sentinel
T2: Misty Rainforest(Bayou) + Anurid Brushhoper --  Forest + Essence Warden + Fyndhorn Elves
T3: Jungle Shrine + Kitchen Finks -- Elvish Visionary + Overgrwon Tomb + Boreal Druid
T4: Wall of Blossom + Bitterblossom -- Chameleon Colossus
T5: Mind Twist(X=3, he discards Gempalm Strider, Plow Under, Nameless Inversion)  --  Forest
T6: Forest + Doran t.S.T. + Wall of Roots -- Hunting Triad
T7:                          -- Wirewood Lodge                (Pennywise attaked with Chameleon, I blocked with the 2 Walls, he forgot my Doran)
T8:                          --
T9: Plains+ Earthquake(X=3) ....

Pennywise attaked me with his Chameleon Colossus into Wall of Blossom and Wall of Roots as Doran where online. Then I could attack him with my creatures and Faery Tokens.
At the end I won with my bigger creatures and faerys from Bitterblossom.

Game 2: Pennywise is beginning
T1: Forest + Wirewood Symbiote -- Sacred Foundry
T2: Overgrown Tomb + Gempalm Strider -- Sunpetal Grove + Survival o.t.F.
T3:Sylvian Library     --  Misty Rainforest(Forest) + survival Saffi to Anger + survival Anger to Caller if the Claw
T4:draws a card with Library + Essence Warden  -- Windswept Haeth(Bayou) + Flametongue Kavu(Symbiote)
T5: Forest + Thornweald Archer -- Blood Crypt + survival Caller to Crypt Champion + Crypt Champion
    I get 10.000 2/2 Bears he gets 30.000 Life, I attaked for 19.600 damage
T6: Maelstrom Pulse(destroys 20.000 Tokens) --Arc Lightning( Essence Warden to hand, Thornweald Archer, Wirewood Symbiote) + Llanowar Elves
T7:draws 2 Cards with Library + Essence Warden + Birchlore Ranger+ Priest of Titania(I survival Troll Ascetic to Genesis) --Sword of Fire and Ice(Kavu) + survival Genesis to Eternal Witness
T8: Twinblade Slasher + Jagged-Scar Archers + Deranged Hermit -- Poluted Delta(Swamp) + Tainted Pact(Jund Charm) + Jund Charm(Pennywise playsChord of Calling(Wirewood Herald(Caller of the Claw))

I went quickly into Combo, but with his Essence Warden he got to much Life(30.000) to kill him in one attack. He played next Turn Maelstrom Pulse on my Tokens. I then prepared the newstart of the combo with Jund Charm, and he used by Chord of Calling the Caller of the Claw. So I lost.

After the match I realized that I actually had made 20.000 2/2 Bears by activating Saffi 10.000 times. So I could had destroyed Pennywise 30.000 Life in Turn. But I thought they were 10.000  2/2 Bears for the Saffi action. Maybe I should play only when i am not tired.

Game 3: GoblinPiledriver is beginning
T1: Savannah + Birds of Paradise -- Misty Rainforest(Murmuring Bosk)
T2: Godless Shrine    --  Wellwisher
T3: Mountain + Garruk Wildspeaker(3/3 Beast) -- Elvish Visionary + Verdant Catacomb(Bayou)
T4: 3/3 Beast+ Swords to Plowshares(Wellwisher) + Wooded Foothills(Bayou) + Bloodbarid Elf(Eternal Witness(S.t.P.) --Yavimaya Hollow + Wirewood Hivemaster
T5: Swords to Plowshares(Hivemaster) + Kitchen Finks + 3/3 Beast -- Summoner's Pact(W.S) + Wirewood Symbiote + Gaea's Cradle + Garruk Wildspeaker(3/3 Beast)

I had a brutal start with Bird Garruk, Bloodbraid Elf, Kitchen Finks,Eternal Witness and 2 Swords t.P., so I won quickly.

Thanks for the exiting games.
Piledriver
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Helle

Quote from: Sturmgott on 09-11-2009, 12:12:33 PM
Quote from: Mythrandir on 08-11-2009, 05:09:07 PM@Sturmgott, wouldn't expected to see a Velidar hitting the board... Is the "you win" ability any relevant?

It wasn't yet, but I just had my first match with Felidar in play. Primarily he makes it very, very hard to win for aggro decks because of the combination lifelink + vigilance.

I'm playing it since the release now, but haven't ever won with it besides the combat step, even though I play some decent amout of lifegain.

Helle

Helle (RG Beats) - Seveneyes (Reanimator)

Game 1:
I got a T1 Noble Hierarch and T2 Boggard Ram Gang that is send back to the library with Bant Charm. I waste one of his lands and play witness to get the Wasteland back. He plays Brainstorm and Kitchen Finks. As he is tapped out, I really like to see the Winter Orb from the top and screwing him even more with the Wasteland so that he didn't have any buissnes at all. River Boa seals the game.

Game 2:
He plays a T2 Careful Study discarding Akroma. I got Frenzied Goblin and Radha, which prevent his Call of the Herd token from blocking. He plays Makeshift Mannequin to get Akroma to play which wins him the game, as I didn't find any awnsers with a Magma Jet.

Game 3:
I play T2 Mongrel while he summons a Nezumi Graverobber which trades with the Viridian Zealot I play the next turn. I play Witness + Grim Lavamancer while he gets Survival online. On his next turn he plays Dance of the Dead to get back a Blazing Archon but I got Sarkhan Vol witch ends the game.

So I win 2:1