Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pennywise

Seveneyes (BWR) vs. Pennywise (Elves) 1:2

First game he has an answer to every creature i play and finaly kills me with Exalted Angel+Elspeth.

Second game he is manascrewed and I manage to kill him, before he finds enough land.

Third game he has an early Spectral Lynx + Exalted Angel but I have both Swords equipped to a creature and win on cardadvantage.

Helle

Helle (Naya Zoo, thx to Goblinpiledriver for his decklist!) - Irenicus (BR Discard/Landdestruction Aggro)

Game 1: Irenicus begins
T1:    - Wild Nacatl
T2: Firebolt (Wild Nacatl) - Scab-Clan Mauler (my misplay here - I anyhow thought it was a Rip-Clan Crasher)
T3: Rakdos Augermage - Knight of the Reliquary
T4: Dark Confidant + Diabolic Edict (eot, Scab-Clan Mauler) - Path to Exile (Dark Confidant)
T5: kicked Burst Lightning (Knight of the Reliquary, gets Fetchland, fetch and survives) - Anurid Brushhopper
T6: Gatekeeper of Malakir (Anurid Brushhopper) + Goblin Outlander - Figure of Destiny
T7: Firebolt (Figure of Destiny, resp Wax/Wane) - Skyknight Legionnaire
T8: Blightning (Colossal Might, Wilt-Leaf Liege, which enters the battlefield) + Night's Whisper - Volcanic Hammer (Goblin Outlander), attack for lethal damage

Game 2: Irenicus begins
T1:
T2: Hymn to Tourach (Chain Lightning, Barbarian Ring) - Watchwolf
T3: Ashenmoor Gouger - Wasteland (destroying his only red), Viashino Slaughtermaster
T4:    - Woolly Thoctar
T5: Flametongue Kavu (Woolly Thoctar) - Oblivion Ring (Flametongue Kavu)
T6: Sinkhole (my only basic land), Blood Moon
I then lose the damage race because he can play blockers and I can't

Game 3: Helle begins
T1:
T2: Soltari Trooper - Magma Jet
T3: Knight of the Reliquary (already 4/4) - Fulminator Mage
T4:    - Ravenous Baboons
T5: Journey to Nowhere (Ravenous Baboons) - Lyzolda, the Blood Witch (only 1 mana left)
T6: Oblivion Ring (Lyzolda, the Blood Witch) - Goblin Ruinblaster
T7:    - Magus of the Scroll + Oversold Cemetery
T8: fetch Mountain with Knight of the Reliquary and Volcanic Hammer for the win

these were some really quick games and Knight of the Reliquary owned both games I won!

Helle 2 - Irenicus 1

gg

Vazdru

peeler (UG-Control) - Vazdru (UGb-Control)

1st: I won the roll and started with T1: Tropical + Elves, T2: Clique in his draw step for quality advantage (he had a decent hand with Comp Research, Trinket Mage, Gifts, Force of Will, Evacuation, one land + Mana Leak - so i took mana leak), T3: Thirst for knowledge for card advantage. I dropped some little guys (Werebear, Witness, Wall, Elder) and countered his key cards with CC and Miscalculation for the win.

Imo it was a mistake not to counter Clique with FoW removing Evacuation - after that he would have had the option for Mana Leak next threat.

2nd: He started with T2 Life from the Loam, T3 Wasteland - bad luck for him he didn't find a single land in his first 9 dredged cards and I play UGb-BASIC so WL+Loam didn't hurt me much ;-) So he stuck on 3 Lands with Finks, Harmonize, Careful Considerations ... in hand. After Duress + Vendillion Clique for LftL game has been over.

thx for ggs

0:2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

firestarter

Firestarter (Reanimator) - seveneyes (discard rwB) 2-0

sorry, no time to write a big report, the games were short an i wo in turn 6 or 7.

Seveneyes

Firestarter - Seveneyes 2:0

First game we play last week. He plays survival.deck. After some rounds I have Liliana Vess in play and a beater, a Profane Command is the top card of my library. He has 4 life, a Survival, 5 mana and no cards in hand, the top card of his library is a creature. Then the game crashes (never experienced a worse moment for that) and we postpone the match.

Next time he plays Reanimator.deck. First game he gets an Oona into play and is handdown again. I have two lands, Oblivion Ring and some other cards, but never draw the third land.

Second game he Exhumes quickly a Bogardan Hellkite and I dont have removal to handle it.

Vazdru

Quote from: Seveneyes on 17-11-2009, 07:47:40 PM
Firestarter - Seveneyes 2:0

First game we play last week. He plays survival.deck. After some rounds I have Liliana Vess in play and a beater, a Profane Command is the top card of my library. He has 4 life, a Survival, 5 mana and no cards in hand, the top card of his library is a creature. Then the game crashes (never experienced a worse moment for that) and we postpone the match.

Next time he plays Reanimator.deck. First game he gets an Oona into play and is handdown again. I have two lands, Oblivion Ring and some other cards, but never draw the third land.

plz never switch or let your opponent switch the deck during a match even you get interrupted or the game crash somehow

thx in advance
Far below the earth

firestarter

I have to say that his connectfailed three times before this game situation, so I tried to play a deck witch could win a shorter time. (30 Minutes)
Sorry for that. But there is no point that does not allow to change decks, or is it? There were several days between the rematch.

Mythrandir

Quote from: firestarter on 18-11-2009, 11:17:42 AM
I have to say that his connectfailed three times before this game situation, so I tried to play a deck witch could win a shorter time. (30 Minutes)
Sorry for that. But there is no point that does not allow to change decks, or is it? There were several days between the rematch.
Actually there is:

4) During a match you cannot change your deck. However you may choose a different deck (or make modifications to your deck) for every match.

All rules (of our league) are to be found here:
http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=231.0

I strongly recommend to all members, specially new ones, to read them :)

The problem in changing decks, is that the person who does, has an advantage over the other ( mulligan rule, etc, etc..)

edited: If for any reason you can't complete the match in a single day, please post here the security codes of both players and then edit the post to input the report/scoreboard

Vazdru

Quote from: firestarter on 18-11-2009, 11:17:42 AM

I absolutely understand your point - game crashes are always kind of frustration. A faster deck is reduzing the risk beeing disconnected during a single game.

But anyway I have to underline the points mentioned by Mytrandir and I 100% agree with him. Sometimes MWS-servers are quite unstable. Its better to reshedule the match on a different server and/or different date.

Even against Mythrandir  ;) it's sometimes possible to play 3 games without server-errors  ;D
Far below the earth

No Stress

Often its not mws but the server that screws up. Ive played all my games on this server

magic-league.servegame.com:4747

with great succes. No crashes at all.

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (5c Heartbeat Combo) vs. Marchhare (5c Survival Control) 2:1

Game 1: When the first game started, I noticed that I couldn't see any card pictures (the picture directories obviously were not set up correctly), so I asked Marchhare whether we could restart the game. After some discussion he was a nice guy and so we restarted the match. This time he won the die roll and started. He had a fast start with T1 Noble Hierarch and T2 the Coldsnap Snake that draws cards when it deals damage to a player. All I have in hand is lots of mana acceleration, T1 I play Wayfarer's Bauble, my T2 Sakura Tribe Elder gets countered. While he keeps putting creatures on the board I play Nature's Lore and sac the Bauble. When he has amassed enough creatures on the board to kill me next turn, I manage to go into combo mode. I play Heartbeat with one Forest and two mana from a mana drain on his Eladamri's Call, play worldly counsel for 4, find Gifts Ungiven (he was tapped out) and play it for Early Harvest, Palinchron, Rude Awakening and Turnabout. He chooses Palinchron and Turnabout to be put into my graveyard. I produce 29 Mana with the help of Early Harvest, play Rude Awakening with Entwine with mana from my pool, then play Invoke the Firemind for 18 Damage vs. Marchhare (he goes to 4 life), then attack with 11 lands. He has only one blocker (Wall of Reverence) and thus goes to -16.

Game 2 his start is too fast for me, with T1 Birds and then very quick Tarmogoyf (3/4), Trygon Predator, Ghitu Fire Slinger and Elspeth. I would have needed one more turn this time which was due to the fact that I could not accelerate because of initially no green mana.

Game 3 looks like an easy victory for me at first, since he went to 6 after spoiling and then was manascrewed on two land, while I got more and more powercards onto the board: Candelabra of Tawnos, Vernal Bloom, Solemn Simulacrum, Mind Over Matter, Coiling Oracle. While he slowly recovers from being screwed I keep hitting at him with my two beaters. When his life total finally has dropped to 7 life, he gets Survival of the Fittest on the table, presents me soon after with Glen Elendra Archmage and Gaddock Teek (who had attacked me), but now is tapped out and at 5 life. I finally find some business with this year's best top deck: Timetwister! I twister his yard away and fill my hand with ammo for the MoMa. I even have more card drawing so I can tap Glen Elendra and attack for 3, keeping a full hand of seven. When it's his draw step, I go on and keep all his forests (Tropical, Basic Forest, Savannah) plus the Scrubland and Volcanic Island, leaving him with only the Wasteland as available mana. He tries to Survival something helpful in his draw step and plays Mystic Snake so as to have at least an additional blocker. I play Remand on the snake. In his main phase, he plays a Bloodstained Mire, fetches for Taiga, and tries to play Wall of Roots and in quick succession Birds of Paradise. If I let this happen, he would have had too many blockers (4) for me to kill him in my final attack. So I asked him to wait and countered his Wall of Roots with my Pact of Negation, going to one card in hand. He didn't have any mana left after that so he was unable to cast the Birds. It was then my turn, I payed the pact ion my upkeep and then I tapped both his creatures with MoMa. The attack brought him to -2.

Good games!!

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5cc VS cadaj RGU something
2:0

Not very interesting games, due to manascrew

game 1: he plays fetch and passes, next turn doesn´t drop a land. when he finds a island he seraches for taiga and i wasteland it. he regrowths the traiga i regrowth the wasteland. he plays a quirion elf + call of herd. he even plays BTB but i had pridemage in hand. i play deed cleaning the board. next turn i dropped a doran and won. first game mana screw for him.

game 2: he gets stuck at 2 lands again. i drop an early loxodon + goyf. he plays a bop but gets killed.

Not very good games. sry for the screw :(

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (Elves!) vs. Irenicus (B/R Suicide) 2:0

Report later.

Olord

No Stress (fish 'n' chips^^) 0:2 Olord (RDW)

First game I mulligan to six but start with Mogg Fanatic and Hearth Kami, which gets smothered. After we wasteland each other (he destroyed my attacking Blinkmoth Nexus), he's left with a Tidehollow Sculler equipped with the haste-shroud-boots (what's their name?)against my Mogg Fanatic and Keldon Marauders. Whereas he doesn't draw a land for several turns, I manage to get enough land for demonfire, which brings him to two. EOT I sac Mogg Fanatic and have Threshhold, so I can kill him with Barbarian Ring in my turn.

Second game he's got the boots again and I'm stuck on two mana, so it's a race between Goblin Patrol and the nice Sygg (+ stonecloaker later). When I get a third land, I strike for 8 with Ball Lightning and Patrol (which brings him to 3) and because of a mistake in Pondering he cannot kill me the following turn. In my turn, - after the attack -  again an epic Demonfire (for 1^^) seals the deal (I'm at 1 and of my three lands was one Barbarian Ring, so quite lucky there).

Very fast but close games, thx!

Tabris

Sensenmann (5c Reanimator)1:2 vs Tabris (UG AggroControl)

G1: Sensemann is able to cast a turn 2 reanimate on Emperial Archangel and just beat me to 2 life with a Phantom Nishoba. I am not able to find any answers for his fast beatdown so we go straight to game 2

G2: Sensenmann takes a mulligan to 6 and is spoiling and got only lands. I can cast a 1st turn Furnace which is the best answer my deck can give to his reanimator but he is not able to bring any threats to the table and I just beat him to death with a trygon predator and beast token from garruk.

G3: He is able to reanimate a Razia, but cant attack with her, bc of my maze so he tutor for a wasteland. Ive got a regrowth and witness and bring back my maze. Some rounds later I attack with a 4/5 Tarmogoyf. Sensenmann is blocking him with Razia and try to activate her abilty, but ive got a stifle and both creatures are dying. From this point I just have an Glen Alendra Archmage and Elephant token on my board, but Sensenmann got nothing except an Karmic guide at 2 lifes, i show him my Mana Drain and the game is over.

gg´s