Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seveneyes

DerStefan (UWb Artifacts) : Seveneyes (BWr Discard) 0:2
(Time: 90 min)

In the first Game I start to empty his hands, which he refills with Land Tax. Two Exalted Angels are staring each other in the face until Martial Coup gives him some Token instead. The following turns I get his Angel back with Necromancy, play a Lavaborn Muse and make him discard everything. The Muse brings him from 21 to 9 (new record!), but a Maze of Ith prevents me from winning with the Angel. He plays Moat, I remove it with Kor Sanctifiers. He plays Platinum Angel, I grill it with Flametongue Kavu. And finally he falls to my army.

Second Game I open with Hymn to Tourach, but Brainstorm saves him his favourites, I hit Exalted Angel and Wrath of God anyway. He plays Intuition for Thopter Foundry, Academy of Ruins and Crucible for Worlds, but my Phyrexian Furnace prevents any weird stuff happening. He has Maze of Ith again, which gets rebuild to the cemetery through Dust Bowl, same happens to the Academy. He drops some mana artifacts and let 16 Soldier Token enter the battlefield through Martial Coup, luckily I have Damnation.
A bit later he gets a Tezzeret into play, which is a real threat with some artifacts lying around on his side. An Abyss says no to any creature activity on my side. Faith Fetters neutralizes Tezzeret for the moment, but gets destroyed by Vindicate. Hellfire Mongrel and Anathemancer reduce his loyalty preventing the deadly strike until finally I can vindicate his Abyss and kill him with an Exalted Angel equipped with a big Sword and a Tidehollow Sculler who took his Rout.

Really close and exciting matches!

Olord

Pute (Reanimator) 0:2 Olord (RDW)

Unluckily he is screwed in both games and a combination of land-destruction and burn for his mana-creatures results in a somewhat unexciting match.

gl next time!

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Pute 5C stax?
2:0

Game 1: he started with LoA, i played vesuva targeting LoA  ;D he plays some mana artifacts i played pridemage + doran, he played smokestack i played explosives for 2 and killed stx with pride. A mana drain on his FoF gave me mana for the final blow with demonfire.

Game 2: He starts with workshop + coalition relic. i played a furnace, he played rector i played trygon.. he WOGS, after that... we don't do much... i start Loaming and wastelading his nonbasic, my exalted got RFG, eventually i had too much CA and he conceded.

thks for playing. LoA is really, really powerful.

The_Ocean

The_Ocean (Oath) vs. Firestarter (Aluren,Swans,Adnausems.dec)
I win 2-1

G1. We bouth drew lots of cards from LoA, he had played aluren with i belive 3 cards in hand, he was taped out i had daze, but he had the simian spiritguide to pay for daze and an Imperial Recruiter to go into life+cards+mana+ Conflagrate for 99999

G2. Im able to resolve a Mind Twist for his hole hand, and i had Dust Bowl + Loam

G3. He had suspended a Lotus Bloom, he also had a Grim Monolith, i play tainted pact to get Deed, we both had LoA out so we drew a ton of cards i plat Deed when lotus bloom has 1 counter to blow up in his upk, he taped the bloom and Monolith to play FoF, Thirst and impulse, on my turn i wasted some land and from there was draw go but i had life from the loam, at the end i hard cast Empyrial Archangel, after takeing a Noble Hierarch beatdown for about 6 damege, and that was the match

It felt like he could win at any moment, the games where really good.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Naya-Zoo)   vs Helle (UGB-Landfall-Controll) (seems to be Finnland style)
2:1

Game1: Helle is beginning
T1:       Mox Diamond + Thoughtseize(Incinerate)    -- Figure of Destiny
T2:      Birds of Paradise --  River Boa
T3:      Sower of Temptation(River Boa) --Lightning Helix(River Boa)
T4                       -- Jund Hackblade
T5:           Wickerbough Elder  -- Swords to Plowshares
T6:   Sensei's Divining Top + Venser, Shaper Savant(River Boa)  -- Skyknight Legionnaire
T7: Recurring Nightmare(Birds of Paradise to Venser(Skynight L.)) -- Skyknight Legionnaire(got a Mana Leak)
T8:  Recurring Nightmare(Venser to Sower of Temptation(Jund Hackblade) -- Mutavault + Garruk Wildspeaker + River Boa
T9: Recurring Nightmare(Sower toVenser(Garruk) -- Oblivion Ring(Sower o.T.)  ...

I got good pressure with Figure, River Boa and Skynight Legionaire which I supported by Removal so I won before it was too late against Helle's Recurring Nightmare Action.

Game2: Helle is beginning
T1:           -- Mother of Runs
T2: Sakura-Tribe Elder -- Granger Guildmage + Grim Lavamancer
T3: Wateland(G/W)   -- Figure of Destiny( got a Condescend)
T4:                           -- Wasteland(U/B)
T5:Vedalken Shackles --
T6:                           --  Knight of the Reliquary
T7: evoke Shriekmaw to Knight --
T8: Grazing Gladehart       --
T9: Fact or Fiction(into 5 Lands) --
T10:   Intuition(Recurring N.,Ravenous Baloth, Eternal Witness) -- Garruk Wildspeaker(3/3 Beast)
T11: Treachery(Beast) + Ravenous Baloth --  Sarkhan Vol
T12:
T13:
T14:                                      -- Chain Lightning
T15: Vendillion Clique             ---
T16: Primal Command(Life and Creature) + Looter il Kor  ...

I draw infinte Lands so even Garruk and Sarkhan Vol can't win the game for me.

Game 3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1: Isamaru, H.o.K.   -- Chrome Mox(Worm Harvest)
T2:                           -- Regrowth(Fetchland) + Phyrexian Furnance
T3: Tangle Wire         --
T4: Burst Lightning(Helle)  -- Psychatog
T5: Swords to Plowshares(Psychatog) +Boggart Ram-Gang --  Wickerbough Elder
T6: Rip-Clan Crasher + Fire Ambush(Helle)  --  Engineered Explosives(1)
T7: Kitchen Finks        --  Eternal Witness(Engineered Explosives) + Noble Hierarch
T8: Kird Ape               --  Treachery(Kird Ape) + Recurring Nightmare(Kird to Eternal Witness)
T9: Volcanic Hammer ...

My aggro mode ended in Turn 7, but he had low life. 2 Turns later my deck gave me the burn which I have waited for. No turn too late, with his Recurring Nightmare action I was close to a Defeat.

GG's
Greetings Piledriver
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

The_Ocean

The_Ocean (Oath) vs. Tabris (UG)
I Win 2-0

G1. he plays Vendilion Clique that finds me an Oath, the Oath sticks and we are on to g2

G2. G2 was close, he plays a Back to Basics, i luckily have the FoW, couple turns later Oath trigers, he was actually able to use the oath to his favor to get a couple of blockers for my Empyrial Archangel, but after a couple turns and an EE it was gg

I got really lucky on the last game, overall really good games

Sensenmann

Sensenmann (BGw-Rock) 2:1 Peeler (UWG-Enchantress)

First Game:
I didn't know what he is playing so I mulliganed my harmonic sliver away to get more lands. Epic fail since he plays enchantress. On the third turn he gets a garruck online and due to mana acceleration and wastes a land. After I hit my third land I play pernicious deed, which he can stop with a seal of cleansing. Meanwhile the Beasttoken hits me retty bad. He plays veduran enchantress and I kill it with shriekmaw. Veduran comes back with a little help by regrowth and he starts drawing cards. Thanks to Oath of Ghouls I am able to block each of his attacks several times until he resolves a Opalescence to apply more pressure. But I can kill some enchantments thanks to shriekmaw recursion. After some time with more of my creatures advancing he resolves humility... ::). After that the game is lost for me and we go to game 2. But the rules for opalescence and humility are quite interesting to read  :P.

Second Game:
Another Epic story to be told. First of all I have a better start with saffi eriksdotter beating him twice till propaganda hits the board. After that I manage to kill every enchantress he plays: Veduran, Femeref, Yavimaya. But then turns the board. He plays Garruck again, and can destroy my survival of the fittest. After that he casts Humility and Opalescence so that his enchantments aren't 1/1 but really big like humility a 4/4. I already think, that I have lost, but have some critters to block his enchantments. After I lost all my creatures in my seemingly last battle I topdeck Living Death! To win with humility gone was a piece of cake after that  :).

1:1 so far.

Third Game:
The third game was quite fast with me hitting him with my beasts I created with garruck and he only topdecks lands.

So 2:1 in the end. Thanks for the really intense and close games.

Olord

The_Ocean (5color Control/Oath?)0:2 Olord (RDW)

In game 1 I slowly drain his life as he has many answers, but nothing to put me on pressure.

Game 2 he keeps a hand with only Library of Alexandria, which I can luckily destroy with a first-turn Wasteland.  :o After that, he doesn't draw a land for two or three turns and when he finally starts to play spells, it's already to late. Sorry for that  :)

No Stress

The_Ocean (5cc) 0:2 No Stress (Deadguy)

G1 I get to play thoughtseize, a Dark Confidant which gets Spell Snared, and a Tombstalker which was the only card left after Mind Twist. He doesn't have an answer, and the demon takes it home.
Lucky there :)

G2 He starts with Wasteland + Loam, I play Jotün Grunt and remove them, he gets lots of lands and a Dust bowl and takes all my lands, I get a Mox Diamond and some basics with the top, Looter Il-Kor takes it home along with negate and countersquall found with the top.
Really close game.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5cc VS Derstefan82 WBU staxx
2:1

Don't recall very well, because the 2 first games were played yesterday, so for any incorrections i apologize.

Game 1: I remember the crucial play waas him playing elsepth. After that i had to try and kill it and did with her ultimate being able to trigger next turn. However i was only at 1life point. eventually a geddon wiped me out(i think... lol)

Game 2: again elspeth on the board :( managed to clear it again, and when the board/game was balanced the game crashed :(

new game 2: I really don't know how i won.

Game 3: He starts and plays land tax + standstill. we both play some lands, till i break the standstill. I dropped a trygon predator and he dropped rector. the board was cleared with a oblivion stone and he got a a nether void which was destroyed with a 6CMC mortify. At this point i had LFTL going with 1 cycle land. he dropped some manlands + crucible. But a mistake on his part, RFG all graves with relic gave me the upper hand, i cycled the land to save the LFTL. Then an intuition + FoF just gave me too much CA for him and he conceded (only had lands...)

Thks for playing.

Sensenmann

Sensenmann (5c-Reanimator) vs. Nastaboi (Mono-U-Combo) 2:1

First Game I'm mana- and colourscrewed. My only action in the whole game is discarding a creature at end of turn and reanimating it in the next turn. On turn 5 Nastaboi goes in combo mode with extraplanar lens imprint snow-covered island. Frantic search, peregrine drake, spellweaver volute, gifts ungiven, snap... and each of it multiple times sthanks to the spellweaver volute. Combo on turn 5, nice one!

Second Game I can play entomb in his first end of turn step and in my second turn dance of the dead on my woodfall primus, taking his island. But I am screwed again and hoe that my primus will do it in three turns. In his seemingly last turn he plays peer through deep for repulse but only has 2 mana left. So I untap my Primus once again and he plays dizzy spell :-). Ok he goes down to 2 and can untap again. After I pay the untapcosts in my next turn he plays repulse. End of turn I discard the primus. Luckily he can't go off on his next turn. I play draw go and want to discard again. But he wants to play cryptic command in my end of turn step. I play necromancy in response onto my primus taking him lands again. After his next draw he types GG. Without that cryptic command I think I would've lost the game...

Third Game he starts with Island and Sensei's divining top I play only Island. Second turn I play demonic tutor, he looks into the top, draws fetches with his misty rainforest and plays his just drewn spell snare. I can daze it and grab entomb with the tutor. Next turn I play entomb in upkeep onto iona and then reanimate stating blue with iona. After he doesn't find his sole fireball (he has extraplanar lens once again) he scoops.

Fast Games, but nonetheless exciting. Thanks Nastaboi.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (UGB-Landfall-Controll)  vs  der Stefan  (Esper-Staxx)
2:0

Game1: Goblin Piledriver is beginning:
T1:
T2: Life from the Loam(Fetchland)  -- Standstill
T3:Yavimaya Elder(breaking Standstill)  -- Morph creature
T4:Vendilion Clique(no Engineered Explosives) -- flips Exalted Angel
T5:                                        --  Baneslayer Angel(get Cryptic Command(bounce Ex. Angel))
T6: Sword of Fire(Y.Elder)       -- Tainted Pact(to W.o.G) +  Wrath of God
T7: Looter il-Kor                     --  Morph Creature + Orzhov Signet(get Condescend) + Land Tax
T8: Looter shots down Morphcreature(Exalted Angel)  --  transmuting Tolaria West to E.E. + Engineered Explosives(2)(re Wydwen, the Biting Gale)
I've had to decide if I wait forever or break Standstill early, I had several creatures in hand and 1 land. So I decide to break it directly. I wouldn't get advantage
for waiting forever and the creatures had become worthless.
I use Cryptic Command perfectly,Vendeliion Clique and Yavimaya Elder plus Sword won me the game quickly. (even against Wrath)

Game 2: der Stefan is beginning
T1:                                   --  Noble Hierarch
T2:                                   --  Lotus Cobra(get Mana Drain)
T3: The Abyss                   --  Survival of the Fittest + survival Wydwen to Yavimaya Elder
T4: Metalworker                 --  Yavimaya Elder
T5: Rishadan Port + Winter Orb --
T6:                                   --
T7:                                   -- Library of Alexandria
T8:                                   --Stefan plays Gifts Ungiven(get Condescend X=3)
T9:cycling Decree of Justice X=4 --
T10:                                  --Wickerbough Elder(Winter Orb)
T11:The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale  -- Jace Beleren + Grazing Gladehart + Glen Elendra Archmage(get Force of Will(Brainstorm))
T12:                                     -- Life from the Loam(2 Fetchlands,1 cycling Land) + Recurring Nightmare
T13:Chalice of the Void(2)(get Remand) + Chalice of the Void(2) + Ravages of War(re survival Sakura T.E to Genesis to Rampaging Baloth to Llanowar Elves)
              --  Mox Diamond + Llanowar Elves  + using Recurring Nightmare to Rampaging Baloth + Fetchland ...

He plays early The Abyss and Winter Orb. I destroy much later Winter Orb.
At the end he play Ravages of War where I had Survival o.t.F and Recurring Nightmare online. So I used it to build a Rampaging Baloth and with Fetchlands the game was clearly over.

The first game durated 20 minutes , the second durated 35 minutes.
Very exiting and hard games. GG's
Greetings Piledriver
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Olord

jfk (white weenie) 2:0 Olord (RDW)

First game it's a tough trading of creatures and spells, until he finally manages to overwhelm me with two weenies pumped by glorious anthem.

Second game I keep an amazingly strong hand with Goblin Guide and other stuff, but the game crashes before we begin...DAMMIT! 

Second second game I start with many hasty creatures and genju of the spires, whereas he's got a slow start. When he's at 6 life and I've got Chain Lightning, I don't manage to draw something to kill him in two turns, so he spontaneously decides to pulverize me  with parallax wave, ranger of eos into burrenton forge-tender and mother of runes, ajani goldmane and other awesome stuff^^

No Stress

helle (UBG Survival) 0:2 No Stress (Deadguy)

1st game helle manascrews, I Mortify Survival and apply enough pressure.

2nd game I can't remember, something with jotün Grunt messing with his grave I think.

I do remember the game we played afterwards though, getting pwned by Ravenous Baloth + Garruk combo :p

good games

No Stress

Nastaboi (High Tide) 0:2 No Stress (Deadguy)

1st game was turn one Isamaru, turn two Sygg (the good half), turn three mana drain into FoF next turn.

2nd game was mana stall from Nastaboi, he drew like 13 cards without finding one land.

would have liked too see that deck go off, not often Spellweaver Volute see's play :p