Main Menu

Rumor mill

Started by Vazdru, 07-09-2009, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

There are some rumors! recently that there will be more (dramatic) rule changes coming end of this year.

Some guys saying that the "one-land-per-turn"-rule will fall. Indications therefor are the new mechanic "landfall", insider-information and Zendikar itself.

You've heard anything?

Lavaball Trap

Instant - Trap   
If an opponent had two or more lands enter the battlefield under his or her control this turn, you may pay  rather than pay Lavaball Trap’s mana cost.
Destroy two target lands. Lavaball Trap deals 4 damage to each creature.

Scythe Tiger

Creature - Cat   
Shroud
When Scythe Tiger enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you sacrifice a land.
3/2

http://www.magicuniverse.de/html/kolumnen.php?id=1362&tempid=86.695.171.143.755

As soon as there are some certified information I will inform you.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

hun? one land per turn will fall?  ???

Well, i didnt hear any of that.

But i have (not I, I, other forums...) a few juicy information:

- there will be enemy fetchlands. WR pic is already available
- cancel will be reprinted (again). Seriously!!!  >:(
- Trap cards like vazdu already said
- land matter blocks.
- there will be enchantments with quests (make some objective / get some reward)
- vampires will be plentiful

Btw, that cat costs just G... Also there are already +30 cards spoiled, including all PW.

As for the rules changes, i have no idea, perhaps bring back mana burn?! :D

Georg B

I'm sure there will be no rules change!
The one who wrote it did such things before allready.

Nastaboi

Quote from: Vazdru on 07-09-2009, 12:30:38 PM
If an opponent had two or more lands enter the battlefield under his or her control this turn

Quote from: Mythrandir on 07-09-2009, 01:24:35 PM
there will be enemy fetchlands

Coincidence? Also, Rampant Growth.

I won't even comment how silly is even to think about removing one-land-per-turn rule. Try playing Vintage Gro before last restrictions, cheat Fastbond in your opening hand and play some simple games to get the idea.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

Quote from: Georg B on 07-09-2009, 04:37:33 PM
I'm sure there will be no rules change!
The one who wrote it did such things before allready.

I think you're right!

Like Nastaboi is saying it is a quite silly idea. The price of Moxes would drop dramatically  ;) Maybe that guy want to buy some cheap ones  :D The only thing that irritates me is that kind of "news" is posted on a serious magic-webpage (magicuniverse.de) by a serious news-man (evilbernd -> germagic.de).

Far below the earth

Nastaboi

On the other hand, enemy-colour fetchlands IS some news. Painlands will no longer make cut in mana bases.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Quote from: Nastaboi on 07-09-2009, 05:35:14 PM
On the other hand, enemy-colour fetchlands IS some news. Painlands will no longer make cut in mana bases.

Yeap, with so many lands producing both ally and enemy colors, painlands seem weaker, and weaker now. We already have the names for the rest of the fetchlands. And i'm hoping for beatiful art. These will be quite chase rares in the set.

Perhaps the 1 land per turn was in a humoristic/sarcastic style, no?

Vazdru

Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Holy COW!!!! black border duals!! sweet. any info on the odds of finding a treasure?

lio123

I was at preview and no one didn't open some old card and it's better imo - no one can envy  :D

Mythrandir

Quote from: lio123 on 26-09-2009, 09:31:22 PM
I was at preview and no one didn't open some old card and it's better imo - no one can envy  :D

YEAH.. when i read the ratio of these "treasures" i thought i would be better off by playing the LOTTO or whatever. It's just weird to have a room full of ppl 2 days straight and only a single person getting a hold on one of these (very expensive cards)... But, what the heck, free cards, are free cards :)

IMO, it would be way cooler if the winners of the pre and releases (or somthing) were rewarded with these, but then it wouldn't be such a good marketing "scheme"

Anyway, any thoughts about the set? I´ll try to write, my usual review (HL regarding) this next sunday.

Edited: Here in PT somes dual lands (not in mint condition) and a gaes cradle have been reported.
I'm just imagining a kid opening a booster finding a "very played" ancestral recall and throwing it a way because it's weird (frame, text.. etc) and used... LOL