Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2009, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Let's get ready to rumble...

GL and enjoy @ everyone!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (White Stax with a Twist) - Kavu24 (4c non-blue Combo Survival) 2:1

Game 1: He has Sterling Grove, Harmonic Sliver and Bitterblossom. I have mana stones, Winter Orb, LoA, Armageddon and finally Magus of the Tabernacle. Guess who won.

Game 2: He has T1 Llanowar Elves, Turn 2 Sword of Fire and Ice. From turn three on he bitches me for 5 every turn, refilling his hand. His Harmonic Sliver slows my mana development, my blocker gets Putrefied. I then try to save myself with Elspeth (I'm on 5). In his turn he Regrowths his Putrefy, threatening to kill my only blocker next turn. I lock his sworded Elves, going to 4 in the process for not blocking the sliver. In my turn I decide to try to have him discard his putrefy, using mana from my Boseju, going to 2 life, and playing Mindtwist 4 on his 6-card-hand. It works out but in his turn he has Anger, plays it and attacks me to death.

Game 3: This time he has a fast Doran, but I have Kitchen Finks and Windborn Muse. His AEther Vial on 4 threatens me. I keep attacking for 3with the Muse, while he constantly taps out for more creatures. At some point he play WoG, and afterwards Wiltleaf Liege, rancors it and attacks me for 6. I play Wall of Reverence, keep drawing cards with my Mind's Eye and when I'm on 8, I manage to sweep all lands. Karn and his friends make for a short Survival of the Survival deck ;)

Thx for playing, very kind opponent.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Predi UW staxx
2:1

All 3 games were all about mana sources, here goes:

Game 1: We both plays lands, he plays wasteland + dustbowl + vesuva on my legendary karakas. (i still had plenty of lands due to my draws) he then plays tezzeret + winter orb (i dealt with winter via explosives) he played karn, died, eventually he fetched crucible of worlds with tez and started wastin my lands with a in the eye of chaos in play, so eventually i was overwhelmed with a mass attack from tez last ability. GG

Game 2: he wastes my krosan verge 1st turn, then vesuva on my karakas (got to love vesuva :)) but i still had plenty of lands in hand including a rishadan port that was now tapping his 1 of only 2 lands, he dropped some mana artifacts but i was dealing damage with a 3/4 goyf + a morphed exalted (was saving mana for counters) in the end he played talisman of dominance got dissipated + magus of the moat got STP, he was on 7 and all tapped ou, on my turn i unmorphed and dealt exactly 7. gg

Game 3: he mull to 6 and took a long time thinking (which meant he had a crappy hand, which was true... only 1 land -> ancient tomb) i had a fairly good hand. I played some lands while he skipped his turns. on turn 4 he played UW shockland + a mana a artifact (got counterspelled), on my turn i vindicated his dual. he played academy ruins + a mana artifact got "vensed", on mu turn i played shadowmage and went for 2 with venser. he played again his mana artifact got pact of negation. next turn i went for 3 + draw, and that was if for game play. i had some fire which dealt the final damage. Ancinet tomb also dealt a lot of damage to him. (not so GG, MWS mull sucks)

Good games overall.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Naya-Zoo)  vs  der stefan (4C-Oath)
2:1

Game1: Goblin Piledriver starts
Flooded Strand(Savannah) -- Windswept Heath(Underground Sea + Chrome Mox(FoF) + Demonic Tutor
Gemstone Mine + Bant Sureblade -- Duress(Volcanic Hammer) + Forbidden Orchard + Oath of Druids
Mountain + Qasali Pridemage(Oath) -- Bayou + Animate Dead(Pridemage)
Boggart Ram-Gang + Treetop Village -- Maelstrom Pulse(Ram Gang)
Jungle Shrine + Skyknight Legionnaire --  gg

Won this Game thanks to many haste creatures.
During the Game I don`t noticed that my opponent had fetched with a Heath an U.Sea, at least now I noticed.

Game2: Stefan starts
Library of Alexandria -- Plateau + Mother of Runes
Wasteland(Plateau) --Temple Garden + Bonesplitter
Savannah + Crop Rotation(Tabernacle) --  Yavimaya Hollow + Soltari Trooper
City of Brass + Duress(Oblivion Ring) --Barbarian Ring
Demonic Tutor + Maze of Ith -- Forest + Watchwolf
Mishra's Factory + Show and Tell(Akroma me Bloodbarid Elf) -- Stefan down to 4
I go down to 3             -- Stefan go down to 2
gg  --

Stefan played first Turn LOA and quick Tabernacle followed by MAze of Ith and Show and Tell on Akroma.
Without his Mishra`s Factory  i could had get him down to Zero one turn before i lose.

Game3: Goblin Piledriver starts
Sacred Foundry + Frenzied Goblin --  City of Brass
Savannah + Bant Sureblade -- Library of Alexandria
Wooded Foothills(Taiga) + Boggart Ram-Gang(got Sword t.P.)-- Forbidden Orchard +Maelstrom Pulse(Sureblade)
Treetop Village + Grafted Wargear(Spirit) -- Vesuva(Savannah)
attaking with everything to win. gg

Won thanks to many creatures.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

TeKo

Teko (GW Elves!) vs. Pyyhttu
2-0
G1:
Forest
Forest -> Rofellos
Savannah -> Survival
search for Symbiote next Turn search for Entity and win with X/X Rofellos

He had Some lands and Signets + Defense Grid but no Counters.

G2:
Again a really strong hand with Lands, Vial, Survival and random Elves
He got Tezzeret->Needle for my Survival in Response I searched for Entity and win in 2 Turns

He had 3 Lands in play Signets and Thopter Founsry/Sword of the Meek combo out

Sorry for my draw.

Nastaboi

Quote from: TeKo on 04-08-2009, 10:01:14 PM
He got Tezzeret->Needle for my Survival in Response I searched for Entity and win in 2 Turns

Just hope you did it in response to Tezzeret activation, because you cannot respond Needle coming into play.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

peeler

peeler(RG Beatz with surprise) 2: Mean Tutor (UWB COntrol)

First Game:
I played some mana-bongos but no real threat he mindtwisted my hand an then damnt my board :(
But I top deck Baloth making some damage after a while he could handle him but i continued with chandra and finaly banefire for lethal. sorry for my topdecking...

Second game:
I started with Kird Ape and treetop village making trouble, after timewister i played blood moon to lock his libary an mad some damage by kird and yawimaya elder, after he got crystal shards bitterblossom and SoLS my offensive was over but again top deck rescued the day: Arsch-locher for the win!

pyyhttu

Quote from: nastaboiJust hope you did it in response to Tezzeret activation, because you cannot respond Needle coming into play.

FUUUUU...and I shouldn't be multitasking while playing.

He didn't.

TeKo

Why do "As enters..." Abilities even exist?...
Never thought about if it uses the Stack.

peeler

peeler (RG Beatz with surprise) 1 vs Sensenmann (UW control) 0

First Round:
I got some early survival but a little screw. So he could get some time with wrath of God, but my banefire did the rest.

Second round: He stoppt my beat down by propaganda, moat, humillity and get a panoptic mirror with gifts, but he couldnt get into time warp combo. So a bribery in the mirror gives him some 1/1 bongos out of my deck, but they couldnt kill me in time...

Kavu24

Hi,

Kavu24 (BantAggro) 2 : Zool (NayaMidrange) 1

Report will come!

TeKo

TeKo (GW Elves!) vs. Sturmgott (W Staxx?)
2-0

breakfast...

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (White Stax with a Twist) - lio123 (RDW-Gobbos) 2:1

First Game I win by smokestacking him in conjunction with Crucible of Worlds.

Second game he wins with me having only Maze of Ith in play and Land Tax in starting hand (I gambled on that and lost :( )

Third game crashes when I have a won position with Crucible, two Icy Manipulators, Moat, Magus of the Tabernacle and a resolved Armageddon leaving him at two lands. Thankfully lio123 is a fair players and admits he'd have lost this one.

Nice games 1 & 3 :)

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (Thopter-combo) vs. derstefan82 (oath/reanimator): 2-0

First game crashed after half an hour just as we had an intensive game, I think stefan had a slightly better position.

In the second game derstefan82 suffered from a bad mulligan and I got to put some more pressure with Thoughtseize. He had Animate Dead, Force of Will, Misdirection, Dark Ritual and something else, I picked the Fow. While he suffered from mana screw, I got first Intuition and then Gifts for Thopter Squadron and Sword of the Meek and set up the combo. He then drew Entomb and reanimated Angel of Despair, destroying my Thopter Squadron. Eventually I got the game in balance with Tezzeret and graveyard recursion and generated some more thopters and ran over him.

In game 2, Stefan was again mana screwed with Bayou and Chrome Mox. I also had answers to his Academy Rector and had a few vital counters but they didn't play much role as was so much ahead the curve. I didn't set up the combo but went aggro and attacked with his Orchard's Spirit tokens and Trinket Mage.

SirGalahad

Goblin Piledriver (Naya Zoo) - SirGalahad (Elves!) 0:2

First game my draw is Priest of Titania, Wirewood Hivemaster, Wirewood Symbiote, Mirror Entity with two or three other elves. Too much for my opponent.

Game two I have to play an early Primal Command to survive the pressure, but have then a big combo turn including Lightning Greaves, Elvish Archdruid, Wirewood Symbiote and Glimpse of Nature.

Both games were very close and my draws were really good.