Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VII

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2009, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Quote from: firestarter on 13-08-2009, 10:58:45 PM
I played against Mythrandir and won 2-1

First game I had kombo with chantbackup turn 4.
second game i drew 1 mana after kull to 6.
Third game i went into combo turn 6 with force backup, mythrandir had ~20 lands in hand grave and play.

That chant really annoyed me since i had krosan grip.  :P Anyways, congrats. you're on a roll. Nice deck, btw

SirGalahad

derStefan82 (Reanimator) - SirGalahad (Elves!) 0:2

First game he took a mulligan to 6 cards and was screwed the whole game. I had some beatdown and could dodge his Pernicious Deed.

Second game he again had some mana problems as it seemed to me, but he was just waiting to discard Angel of Despair. His Maze of Ith was countered by my Lightning Greaves and as he played Solitary Confinement being on 3 i had Seal of Primordium.

Longer Reports of all my games except the first against Goblin Piledriver (no notes were taken) can soon be found at my blog on Germagic: http://www.mtgblogs.de/galahad/
The following entries will be in english so everybody can read the blog.

lio123

Quote from: Mythrandir on 12-08-2009, 10:32:13 PM

yeahhh... mws.tipo.it has been very unstable. i´ve been using mws.ligamagic.com.

Any better servers out there?

Try 62.168.11.50. Sometimes is offline but otherwise its ok.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UR Swans vs. Outlaw WW

2 - 0

We tried lio123's server but it crashed after I had killed seven creatures with Crater Hellion.

Outlaw begun with some 1/1's and Honor of the Pure. I played signets, Top and Jace and stopped the first assault with Pyroclasm and FTK. He reloaded with Procession tokens which Exploded after I drew nine cards that turn. His next threat was answered by Wildfire, and I tutored for the combo two turns later.

I started second game by Demonic Tutoring Izzet Boilerworks to go with my Island and three signets. Outlaw got some creatures and Grafted Wargear. I planned Starstorming them out and Personal Tutoring for Burning of Xinye, but then I saw the very card off the Top and Outlaw conceeded.

I suggest my following league opponents to consider something else than swarm decks against me.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Sensenmann

Sensenmann (MonoU-Control) vs. predi (BGw-Recursion) 2:0

First game I managed to hit him down to 4 Life with Sower of Temptation and his Loxodon Hierarch. Then he found a solution for Sower. I got Vedalken Shackles to steal his creatures again but he stalled the ground with Stuffy Doll and Troll Ascetic. With those creatures of his my Nevinyrral's Disk didn't matter and we both did nothing to kill the opponent for a long time. I locked him with Decree of Silence and some Bounce on the Decree out of the game, but didn't find anything to kill him. Eventually I got the Panoptic Mirror-Timewarp-combo online and he says gg.

In the second game he starts with Murmuring Bosk and second turn Duress. He takes the Bribery over Mana Drain, not a hard choice. But on his 4th turn I can counter Ravenous Baloth with it. I play some manaartifacts and totally own his creatures with counterspells. Meanwhile Jushi Apprentice does his neat little job of drawing cards. Then I find Library of Alexandria and the games going to be very sick. I draw plenty of cards bounce or counter his creatures, dust bowl his nonbasic lands and keep capsizing his Teneb, the Harvester. He plays for some Recurring Nightmare tricks while I have no counter left but soon I can end the game with Sower of Temptation attacking.

Thanks for the cool games,
Sensenmann aka Marsupilami

pyyhttu

Pyyhttu (Dream Halls) vs. lio123 (Ugw-Oath, I think): 2 - 1

First game crashes as mws.ligamagic.net goes down and won't come up.

When we start over, I get a hand containing Grim Tutor and some fast mana. I tutor for Dream Halls and after Lio gets tapped out, I play the Halls and finish the game with Brilliant Ultimatum, which shows me some good stuff: Opportunity, Intuition, Conflux, Timetwister and a random land. I remember getting everything else but Conflux but as he doesn't have a counter, I soon draw shitload of cards and Progenitus with a couple of time walks.

In the second game I get to setup the Dream Halls again, but alas, I can't utilize it for it's full power as draw clumps of lands. I am stuck with 2 lands in play and 3 on the top of my library. Lio gets his Treetop Village and Faerie Conclave and I am soon dead.

The third game is the longest, me playing most of the last round solitaire after resolved Dream Halls. lio123 gets to play Gifts and goes for Empyrial Archangel, Negate, Regrowth and Krosan Grip and I give him the Angel and the counter. At some point he also gets Hellkite Overlord on the table via my Dream Halls, but at the last round I get the draw engine going and can play around Negate. Storm being over 10, I Ill-Gotten Gain to Tendrils and that's that. GGs.

firestarter

Firestarter - Goblin Piledriver 2-1

First game I killed him in turn 5 after he killed my birds of piradise (It would have been turn 4, if he did not.)
Second game he had stonecloaker who disturbed my plans.
Third game intuition showed him kombo + pact, he had only one solution, i pacted and went through in turn 4.

Thanks for fast games.

firestarter

Firestarter - peeler 2-1

Game 1 i went into aluren-kombo with pact backup, but he had zealot and witness.
Second game i had to fight bloodmoon but found manamorphose.
Third game trygon predator stressed me, but i had enough time finding gg mana and he had 2 cards in hand but no removal.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UR Wildfire Swans vs. TeKo Elves

2 - 0

The matchup was hopeless for TeKo. Come on, people, don't you read the topic to see what others play?
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

TeKo

Yep, no chance.
Wildfire just wins.
And you drew 1-2 in your top 15-20 cards without any Tutor.

I knew what you play, but I don't play to win I play to test my deck.
Only playing against good Match ups is senseless.

Mean_Tutor

Mean_Tutor (UGW Bant Agro) - Sensenmann (UBR) 2-0
first game : sensenmann start with mulligan to 5 so easy win
second game : he made the wasteland -crucible combo on turn 3 but my wood elves and garruk help me to pass his propaganda

thx for the games
good luck Sensenmann on your next games

TeKo

TeKo (GW Elves!) vs Vazdru (Enchantress?)
2-1

G1: He was screwed on 3 Lands
G2: Prison+O Ring followed by Stuffy Doll and Elspeth wins
G3: Good draw and Turn 5 Stuff Combo

lio123

lio123(UG midrange) vs Vazdru (UG midrange)
                   2:1

yea, its nothing better than mirrormatch in the middle of night  ;)

1. game: i tried cast counterbalance, but Vazdru had remand and turn later played trygon predator. I played only creature in whole game and he had prepared sower of temptation

2. game: I played lorescale coatl on 2. turn and with some counterspells and draws coatl killed him pretty fast.

3. game: i draw first green mana source in 4. turn and vazdru had card advantage and also advantage on the table, but i was able to play glen elendra archmage. I played Spikeweaver one turn later which could prevent his attacks and killed him in few turns with kira and glen elendra. I have to admit, 3. game was played from top  :-[

GGs

marchhare

sensenmann (monoU-control) - marchhare (ugw); 1-2

First game i accomplish to resolve a mana drain for 4, but also to forget to use it during the main phase after the attack step, so that my plan to lock him with a 4th turn played glen elendra archmage (with 2 U open) fails ... afterwards im not able to come through his counters and cardadvantage.

The second game lasts ca. 1 hour, cause we both just answer the opponents threats. During the (ca.) 15 turn i play panglacial wurm (eot) while fetching, he responds with a bribary on reivellark, wich keeps me from attacking ( venser+ xyz in grave), another time im mistaken whilst not attacking  in fear of the elementals revenge, untill he plays arcane laboratoy and crumbling sanctuary, and forces me to come through his 15-mana-open-lock, ... im able to tap him out eot ( he counters ... i think an eladamris call with syncopate for 14..), then play a quasali pridemage winking at his glen elendra, and destroy the laboratory, from that  point my own archmage dominates the game (with stonecloaker..) and he gives up (he "just" had ca 60 cards left, wurm beated for 10 with noble hierarch).

The last game i keep a mana drain, a U land and a garruk ( mulligan for 4 cards), then play the drain in the third turn on his azorius signet into a garruk in my third turn, with mana open for counterspell, afterwards he cant handle the additional amount of mana ( threat + counter back up each turn ) and we stop facing a loxodon hierarch, beast token and  eternal witness with a choleric country bumpkin menacing behind them... .

Thanks to sensenmann for the pleasent and demanding games ;)

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(Naya-Zoo)  vs  Predi(Staxx)   2:0

Game 1:
Predi is beginning
I had to mull to 6 after drawing 2 times 1 Land

Windswept Heath(Hallowed Fountain) -- Temple Garden
Seat of the Synod + Izzet Signet -- Flooded Strand(Plateau) + Steward of Valeron
Wasteland(Plateau) + Crucible of Worlds -- Elite Vanguard
Voltaic Key + Thoughtcast + Wasteland(Tempel Garden) -- Barbarian Ring + Scab-Clan Mauler
Wasteland(Barbarian Ring) -- Forest
Glimmervoid

Won this Game against Wasteland Crucible Combo with Steward of Valeron

Game2:
Predi is beginning

Bloodstained Mire(Volcanic Island) -- Horizon Canopy + Birds of Paradise
Rishadan Port -- Flooded Strand(Plains) + Boros Swiftblade
Seat of the Synod + Worn Powerstone -- Battlefield Forge +Rancor(Swiftblade) + Morphcreature
Tundra + Invoke the Firemind(Swiftblade) -- Undiscovered Paradise + Rancor(Morph) + unmorphing Exalted Angel
Duplicant(Exalted Angel) --  Undiscovered Paradise + Rancor(Birds) + Bant Sureblade + Isamaru
Spectral Searchlight + Ghostly Prison -- Incinerate + Undiscovered Paradise

Won this Game thanks to Boros Swiftblade and Rancor.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.