Main Menu

Two card choices

Started by grizzledmage, 28-07-2009, 03:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzledmage

I have been enjoying my BU control deck recently, but there are 2 card slots that have been the subject of some minor debate.

A. Slaughter Pact vs. Doom Blade

Slaughter Pact: can be played even when tapped out; can make a huge difference if a big (but vulnerable, i.e. non-black, non-shroud) creature with haste suddenly shows up. Can be tutored for with Tolaria West.

Doom Blade: can be played a turn earlier. No chance to lose due to forgetting any subsequent upkeep effects. Makes a much better imprinting target for Isochron Scepter. Can be tutored for with either Shred Memory or Muddle the Mixture.

Current choice - Doom Blade

B. Trickbind vs. Interdict

Trickbind: virtually uncounterable due to split second. Can hit any permanent's ability including planeswalkers. Can counter non-permanent abilities (transmute, unearth, cycling, etc).

Interdict: includes card draw (those three words can make a huge difference). Can counter mana abilities (I believe).

Current choice: Trickbind.

Thoughts?

Mythrandir

a) Well, i would probably keep the doomblade instead of the pact. Although these cards are very similar, thus being better in some ocasions and worse on another. Very situational, i believe. But the fact that you can lose the game just by forgetting the upkeep.. ouch!

b)I would probably keep trickbind, it's more versatile. (trigered effects + non-permanents). If you want to draw cards, then use drawing spells or engines ;)
btw: interdict can't counter mana abilities.
Also i'd probably think of squelch before interdict.